Author Topic: Community: Risk vs Reward / Fear vs Love  (Read 2577 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy

Haha, that's exactly right.  :D

Standing on the precipice before the abyss, reading cryptic how-to manuals, and then having to walk confidently out into the unknown.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who feels like Dr. Jones in that scene..!  Maybe it's really delegated proof of faith.. ;)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Did any of you check out the awesome BitShares Delegate Outlook Graph that roadscape made?

Way cool!  +5%

Some days being an aspiring 100% delegate feels a little like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFntFdEGgws

In DPOS we trust!  ;)

Haha, that's exactly right.  :D

Standing on the precipice before the abyss, reading cryptic how-to manuals, and then having to walk confidently out into the unknown.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
We're Stakeholders for Delegate: media.bitscape
and we approve this message.
+5%  :)

Thanks for the love everyone.  imo, it's the only thing which really pays dividends.
I hope a fruitful discussion, and further evolution of these ideas will continue.

I will vote for you as soon as the next client release comes out, I cant vote for anyone atm.

I'm acutely aware that it's been difficult, or unsafe for some folks to even vote right now.  Thank you!

I would love to see a succinct list of the delegates that the "community" feels urgently need to be elected, and maybe a brief discussion of each.  I think must here would find it helpful if the information was all in one place (a thread?). 

There's definitely a need to display delegate campaign information in a more organized and compelling fashion, allowing people to see who is giving support to which candidate, at a glance.  At one point it was suggested by bytemaster that svk would be in the best position to add this sort of functionality at BitsharesBlocks.  I'm not sure where it is on the priority list though.

I agree, we need funds and work done now, not later. If we had been a centralized company we would be going to investors right now offering them some percent of our company for cash infusion. I am trying this on a small scale, offering future delegate pay (given back 6-12-24 months from now) in return for capital now. Obviously it won't be huge sums, but I think if a lot of us pursued this strategy we could avoid sell-pressure (in fact increase buy pressure) and have the funds required to go full-steam on launch and the subsequent 3-6 months before all our competitors shape up.

Maybe I am dreaming, I will know more next week, but for now I am fishing with optimism.  ;)

Yes, now and yesterday!  Thanks for 'fishing with optimism'!  I'm intensely curious to know how this works out...!  I hope you can report details back to the community.  It's a bit like a PAC in a way, and works to distribute the risk a little.  I would love to hear more about this idea.

Did any of you check out the awesome BitShares Delegate Outlook Graph that roadscape made?

I will now shamelessly cross-post Stan's comment on this graph from the local 中文(Chinese) thread.
This is a very powerful way for delegates to plan for the future and explain that plan!  I like it!

Some days being an aspiring 100% delegate feels a little like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFntFdEGgws

In DPOS we trust!  ;)
bitscape

Offline James212

• View Profile
I would love to see a succinct list of the delegates that the "community" feels urgently need to be elected, and maybe a brief discussion of each.  I think must here would find it helpful if the information was all in one place (a thread?). 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I will vote for you as soon as the next client release comes out, I cant vote for anyone atm.

Offline fuzzy

We need to have all competent marketers in our community running delegates in this critical phase up to the 1.0 launch! Its better to vote in too many and then vote out those who dont perform well enough later, so dont be afraid to vote right now, it will be worth it!

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I agree, we need funds and work done now, not later. If we had been a centralized company we would be going to investors right now offering them some percent of our company for cash infusion. I am trying this on a small scale, offering future delegate pay (given back 6-12-24 months from now) in return for capital now. Obviously it won't be huge sums, but I think if a lot of us pursued this strategy we could avoid sell-pressure (in fact increase buy pressure) and have the funds required to go full-steam on launch and the subsequent 3-6 months before all our competitors shape up.

Maybe I am dreaming, I will know more next week, but for now I am fishing with optimism.  ;)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
We need to have all competent marketers in our community running delegates in this critical phase up to the 1.0 launch! Its better to vote in too many and then vote out those who dont perform well enough later, so dont be afraid to vote right now, it will be worth it!

Offline onceuponatime

We're Stakeholders for Delegate: media.bitscape
and we approve this message.

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
Dear Community,

Everyone needs to ask themselves what is the potential risk versus reward to voting in several willing and able media-savvy marketing delegates, and enable them to contribute to their fullest extent ASAP.

In my estimation we stand to lose much more through inaction at this point in time.

This is how most startups pay their employees, at least in part, with shares in the company.
Certain types of employees look for jobs where they can trade their ability to tolerate risk for the chance to make it big.

We’ve gone beyond tolerating risk, and along with a good many in this community, we have embraced it.  Now we’re looking for shareholders to join us and give us the chance.

If you worry about the negligible equity dilution of a promising delegate in the face of all the upside potential exposure and fail to take action, you are essentially ‘cutting off your nose to spite your face.’

Help our community creatives put the ‘wind in the sails’ of outreach and adoption efforts.  There is a highly talented crew here already taking action, and ready for more.
What are you afraid of?

Let’s build a movement!

Sincerely,
bitscape
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:19:09 pm by bitscape »