Author Topic: Spec Chart for Major Cryptos  (Read 9536 times)

Offline svk

Looks better for sure! I'm still curious about those market pegged assets NXT apparently has though..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bytemaster

Anonymous Trx is "under construction" for BTS as well.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline yellowecho

Please point out any glaring mistakes.

So, here it is: http://i.cubeupload.com/J02n9J.jpg

Thanks for the updates!  As defined in the NXT wiki, BitShares already has a "Monetary System".  Also "Smart Contracts" should probably be considered in-development... and (correct me if I'm wrong) "Instant Transactions" would likely be 'guaranteed' via escrow which is also in-development.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:37:31 pm by yellowecho »
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Damelon

• Nxt forum admin
    • View Profile
    • Nxt Forum
Hello people,

As promised, an updated chart.

I've also put it on our Reddit with an explanation why it's updated.

Tweet will go out soon.

Please point out any glaring mistakes. There are a few areas where things are debatable, because definitions of some features differ across projects. If we can come to consensus on definitions, that helps, otherwise, we should probably put that in somewhere to at least make clear we're not dealing with comparable entities.

I won't clog up the thread with a big pic ;)

Not bad, but BitShares does have "profit sharing/dividends".  It does profit sharing in the form of burning of transaction fees and fees for user issued assets, fees for delegate registration and there may be some other fees I'm not aware of.  These fees are all burned and  reduce the supply of BTS which equates to profit sharing as these are DAC income streams and benefit everyone in proportion to their stake.

Marketplace and smartcontracts are AFAIK in the works.

I thought multisig was already up and runnng?  Not sure.

What is "account control"?

Thanks for doing the modifications.

Account Control is what it says on the tin: an advance feature set for accounts: http://www.thenxtwiki.org/wiki/Account_Control
These features are phased in one at a time, not as one large block. For instance, our next release will include phased transactions. Broadly speaking, Phasing is a two stage transaction that isn’t processed until a second condition is met.

There are a few areas where specific platform have unique features. Nxt for instance has Transparent Forging, and I am sure BTS has things that aren't present in any other platform, too.
It would be a pity to leave those out. Maybe a "doesn't apply" icon is a good way to handle those?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Multisig is close to been release but not yet on the main net .. so the infogfx might get outdated pretty soon :)

That's the reason that I asked them to keep updating this chart for at least three months.
I expect this chart to be constantly outdated, which is a nice testament to the pace of development we're all going through :)
Sweet idea ... +5%

It's great.  +5%

Chart is getting more awesome by the minute Damelon :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Multisig is close to been release but not yet on the main net .. so the infogfx might get outdated pretty soon :)

That's the reason that I asked them to keep updating this chart for at least three months.
I expect this chart to be constantly outdated, which is a nice testament to the pace of development we're all going through :)
Sweet idea ... +5%

Offline Damelon

• Nxt forum admin
    • View Profile
    • Nxt Forum

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Hello people,

As promised, an updated chart. Please point out any glaring mistakes.

http://i.cubeupload.com/J02n9J.jpg

I thought multisig was already up and running?  Not sure.

Marketplace and smartcontract are in the works. I would check profit sharing green as well.

1. No need to list "smart leasing" when none of the projects have it.
2. What is "account control," and "monetary system"?
3. BitShares is pseudo-anonymous with TITAN which I think deserves mention.

Anybody have the exact status of Multisig?

Tuck Fheman

+5% for someone else knowing about Qora.  ;)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Hello people,

Tweet will go out soon.

Please point out any glaring mistakes. There are a few areas where things are debatable, because definitions of some features differ across projects. If we can come to consensus on definitions, that helps, otherwise, we should probably put that in somewhere to at least make clear we're not dealing with comparable entities.

Not bad, but BitShares does have "profit sharing/dividends".  It does profit sharing in the form of burning of transaction fees and fees for user issued assets, fees for delegate registration and there may be some other fees I'm not aware of.  These fees are all burned and  reduce the supply of BTS which equates to profit sharing as these are DAC income streams and benefit everyone in proportion to their stake.

I thought multisig was already up and runnng?  Not sure.

Thanks for doing the modifications.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 06:51:13 pm by matt608 »

Offline Damelon

• Nxt forum admin
    • View Profile
    • Nxt Forum
Hello people,

Tweet will go out soon.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Welcome Damelon  :D

Dan's article http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/03/Cooperation-Amoung-Crypto-Projects/ suggests we not burn each other to the ground each time we encounter a perceived slight, and I agree with that. There're bigger fish to fry.

I fully agree  +5%
+5%

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
There's no need to waste time trying to educate the clueless western marketoid fanboys of NXT, NXT is in a death spiral with falling trading volume and market cap ...

Just let the nature take its course ...

No offence mate but NXT has more upside potential than XRP imho right now. As far as I am concerned though, I am so stuck and obsessed with BTS potential that I can't be bothered about XRP and NXT anyway..

On another note, I have been following NXT in the past before I discover BTS and as far as I am concerned Damelon is a very respective member, has been proved very honest and helpful and I hope he can visit this forum more often and exchange any ideas with our devs and this community.