Author Topic: Bounty Idea  (Read 5379 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
what do you think the devs are doing the whole day? have a look at the github and check out recent progress ..

Just because you don't see any progress or don't know of all the improvements doesn't mean there aren't any..

Why not ask for explicit improvments, such as the two different lightwallets .. the java script implementation .. the 2 android apps .. the thousand lines of code changed in the QT/web wallet?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 09:01:25 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Take your headphones off, sudo...

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
100 w BTS is worth a lot of money Why not use as “”GUI user experience  improvement “”special bonus?

WHY not put the "user experienceimprovement" as the highest priority Development task
does  BTS ever  Attaches great importance to the user experience????

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Gateway Delegates: You have a clear path to 100%!

Anyone want to crowdfund a bounty for a fiat gateway? I'll chip in.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

I wonder those in the top ranks should have other focus than campaigning for votes.

Also, bounties are a quick way to spend money.. Mastercoin got badly stung trying that.

I don't think people have enough time to be perpetually voting.. it's a chore.. and added complexity on top of understanding the rest of BitShares. Keep it simple. I don't know what difference there is between delegate #101 and #1 except for the obvious anxiety that a delegate might slip to 102+.

Being a delegate within 101 should be its own reward. Within those 101, we need core skills that are delivering. Perhaps then a small amount of anxiety and competition between the lower ranks is healthy. If any delegates misbehave then they lose votes by way of negative feedback and people can take direction from core voices about who might need to be considered more closely for voting up or down.. and they can argue their case with or against that challenge. Did someone burn the toast this morning?..

Again, we need to attract core talent to the 101 group.. developers providing utility; marketing providing voice; perhaps legal providing advice; translators turning over client changes and wiki content so it's up to date; etc.

Perhaps it could be used to reward referrals of accounts that do what we need - buying into the markets and using the BTS and assets.. but proving those referrals are true accounts and not null, might prove tricky.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 12:57:36 pm by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline GaltReport

That's a big amount, but voting approval isn't our biggest selling hurdle at the moment & won't add to the valuation the most.

Some of the big gateways are losing a lot of money right now. Adding BitShares would be huge in terms our value and legitimacy. They could front-run their announcement. That + a bounty + the timing could be enough.
+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Gateway Delegates: You have a clear path to 100%!

Anyone want to crowdfund a bounty for a fiat gateway? I'll chip in.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
There are much, much better things to spend money on if you can afford a 1m BTS bounty.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Getting Bitfinex or BitStamp onboard would be great. Just contact them and offer the bounty and see how they reply anyway. There aren't that many large BTC/USD exchanges, BTC-e... OKcoin... http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/graphicalComparison

+5%

What happened to the talk with coinbase?

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Getting Bitfinex or BitStamp onboard would be great. Just contact them and offer the bounty and see how they reply anyway. There aren't that many large BTC/USD exchanges, BTC-e... OKcoin... http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/markets/graphicalComparison

Offline fuzzy

Why dont you offer that bounty to the first famous BTC/USD exchange that becomes a BTS gateway.

If your going to offer a up a 1 million BTS bounty it should probably be for this.

+5%

+5%

wow how did I miss this post??
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Why dont you offer that bounty to the first famous BTC/USD exchange that becomes a BTS gateway.

If your going to offer a up a 1 million BTS bounty it should probably be for this.

+5%

+5%

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

+5%

Offline fuzzy

I would like to propose a bounty idea... something on the order of 1 million BTS to the first delegate that can achieve at least 33% approval and be in the #1 slot for 1 month. 

My thinking is that it will bring massive attention and incentive to vote / bring in new users to vote and help with security. 

Only problem is it could make the votes "sticky" and hard to change.... thoughts?

I think that rather than have a bounty like that you should put up a bounty for the community to recruit one of a list of big names in crypto to be a delegate.  Then you can use that delegate's candidacy as PR...and also give the community a real incentive to do outreach.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
That's a big amount, but voting approval isn't our biggest selling hurdle at the moment & won't add to the valuation the most.

Some of the big gateways are losing a lot of money right now. Adding BitShares would be huge in terms our value and legitimacy. They could front-run their announcement. That + a bounty + the timing could be enough.

Offline agree

• View Profile
  • BitShares: agree
bm到底怎么想的?无语!把精力浪费在这些无关紧要的事上!我就关心稳定的钱包什么时候能出来?不需要下载区块的钱包什么时候有?还有usd/bitusd兑换商在哪里?bm可以关心一下这几个问题么?

What bm is thinking? Speechless! Waste energy on these insignificant things!
When are we going to have a stable wallet? And when can I use a simple wallet which don't need to download the block?
And the usd/bitusd changers in where?
Bm can care about this a few questions?
bts id: agree

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
GUI&UED improvement &embedded HELP document in bts Client   is more  urgent

+5% +5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Is one mil BTS worth getting BTS on several famous western media , both in or outside of crypto  ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:43:11 am by cn-members »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

So you are counting delegates to attract eyes? But the attracted eyes are mostly shareholder, instead of newcomers.

Why not to spend the fund on more significant things, for example, to increase the ease-of-use.

The current wallet sometimes draws people crazy when they make a vote.

+5%

I agree. Give it to the first functional gateway, first user-friendly client/wallet, or first functional GUI. All of which we really need and are still keeping our marketing efforts pretty much on hold.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 05:59:11 am by donkeypong »

Offline sudo

• View Profile
So you are counting delegates to attract eyes? But the attracted eyes are mostly shareholder, instead of newcomers.

Why not to spend the fund on more significant things, for example, to increase the ease-of-use.

+5%

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont

BTS committee member:jademont

Offline Pheonike

I was advocating for quarterly election months ago. Having scheduled quarterly/monthly reports would help recognise milestones and performance.

Offline roadscape

It will certainly incentivize delegates to campaign harder. That would be fun to watch/participate in.

But we also need to incentivize voters!

We could schedule a monthly Voting Day and make a big event out of it.
Use mumble to get everyone together and on the same page.

"Tomorrow is BitShares Election Day.. here's what you need to know"
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline sudo

• View Profile

clout

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I don't think this is a good idea. The incentive to collect votes is already there, and there's no reason to think there is not enough voter participation at the minute.

There are much, much better things to spend money on if you can afford a 1m BTS bounty.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bytemaster

I would like to propose a bounty idea... something on the order of 1 million BTS to the first delegate that can achieve at least 33% approval and be in the #1 slot for 1 month. 

My thinking is that it will bring massive attention and incentive to vote / bring in new users to vote and help with security. 

Only problem is it could make the votes "sticky" and hard to change.... thoughts?
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.