Author Topic: Yield on assets in the orderbook?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline bytemaster

No yield for orders at this time. I recommend we add it because it will be attractive to traders, but it is not a high priority.

Note:  no yield on any balance that isn't at least 24 hours old.   If you are running a bot and moving your order regularly then you wouldn't see any yield.   There is also the question of what should happen to the yield when the order is filled. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
No yield for orders at this time. I recommend we add it because it will be attractive to traders, but it is not a high priority.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
What happens to the yield when an asset is tied up in an order?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:15:45 pm by islandking »
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi