Author Topic: BM, please put your wallet well, other things aside  (Read 3425 times)

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
There's no help for it, bitcoin is the leader of the crypto-commodities.  when it raises or declines, all other similar products do too.  the same for bitcoin in the context of other commodities.  everything is connected.

one thing is for certain tho,   The wallet must be fixed.  it's unusable for many users at this point, there's no way that that's acceptable.  it's sad too, because if the basics of this project are not being met, it gives the project an air of "pipe dream".

Offline James212

• View Profile
The only problem is that now we have to play catch up with marketing due to issues I will not bring up again for obvious reasons.  So now BM is kind of forced to get his voice and philosophy out there to a broader audience because we have certain competitors who can give their public face the time to do nothing but outreach.   

With Bitcoin now selling at $182, I think we need to ratchet down are marketing a good bit and put more focus on other functions.  The time for differentiation was this past fall.  The current marketing window probably closed in Dec.  No one is listening to our promotions of BTS in this current crypto (BTC) bloodbath.  I think marketing should be scaled down (%50?) for a time until we see an upturn or until at least things stabilize.    Also as an aside, we need to ditch the tag "BTS is to companies what BTC is to money"......or similar.   Any association with bitcoin right now is not wise as there is potential for it to be a failure as far as its function goes and this potential is being clearly seen my the market.   
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Ahh so this is what a 6 year bull market has given us... Over leverage and a Margin Call

If you have big investors, they are most likely not just invested in BTS.  They probably have several other investments as well.  Since many chinese investments are collatorized by hard assets such as copper and iron ore, the absolute crushing of these commodities is causing margin calls and forcing your "big investors" to cover their positions.

This is causing them to be forced to scale back on other more exotic investments such as bitcoin, and bts... The crushing of bitcoin is forcing margin calls and bts is being sold to cover those calls.  This is much bigger than crypto and is going to hurt many people, not just the over-leveraged.

During times like these its easy to point and say that if we had better tech people would be flocking to us for safety.  That is just not true because what is happening is a flight to safety by major investors.  The crypto world is not yet big enough to provide them that safety so they have to cash out.

P.S.  There is a roadmap on github for whats being done.  Were on track to have everyting up and running around mid february... That's your timeline

Really ? copper and iron  ?
Those guys would think crypto currency is a joke ........   For the pity market depth (even Bitcoin's market depth is a joke for them ) .
No one is selling their BTS to cover their copper and iron , at least not the famous ones I've been talking to .

From Coindesk today:

"The Wall Street Journal's tech columnist, Christopher Mims, was quick to link the effect of recent events elsewhere in the financial world and the price decline.

This morning there was panic selling in copper-linked stocks, the Ruble and Bitcoin. The connection is obvious.

— Christopher Mims (@mims) January 14, 2015"

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Anyone who thinks this decline is bm's fault is being incredibly naive... I can guarantee you that even if we had a working wallet, gateways and were at 1.0 we would still be getting smoked because of bitcoin selling.  The only way we can pull away from the black hole of selling that is bitcoin is for marketing to explain how we are different. PR trumps tech when irrationality takes over investors.

I disagree, I think the things you mentioned would have made a huge difference, considering we took 20% equity from BTSX and inflated it, the least we could do in the same period is give it a wallet, 1.0 and decent gateways. Without those it's price is a fair reflection of how we have butchered it without giving it much tangible in return yet.

I agree we need to explain how we are different to Bitcoin and why we solve its problems.

The blog though is very good. It's great to point to. The English alt-coin market hardly knew about BitShares but the blog and the bitcointalk stuff really helps. Especially Bytemaster debating against other systems and winning convincingly on most points imo.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:25:05 pm by Empirical1.1 »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Ahh so this is what a 6 year bull market has given us... Over leverage and a Margin Call

If you have big investors, they are most likely not just invested in BTS.  They probably have several other investments as well.  Since many chinese investments are collatorized by hard assets such as copper and iron ore, the absolute crushing of these commodities is causing margin calls and forcing your "big investors" to cover their positions.

This is causing them to be forced to scale back on other more exotic investments such as bitcoin, and bts... The crushing of bitcoin is forcing margin calls and bts is being sold to cover those calls.  This is much bigger than crypto and is going to hurt many people, not just the over-leveraged.

During times like these its easy to point and say that if we had better tech people would be flocking to us for safety.  That is just not true because what is happening is a flight to safety by major investors.  The crypto world is not yet big enough to provide them that safety so they have to cash out.

P.S.  There is a roadmap on github for whats being done.  Were on track to have everyting up and running around mid february... That's your timeline

Really ? copper and iron  ?
Those guys would think crypto currency is a joke ........   For the pity market depth (even Bitcoin's market depth is a joke for them ) .
No one is selling their BTS to cover their copper and iron , at least not the famous ones I've been talking to .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Anyone who thinks this decline is bm's fault is being incredibly naive... I can guarantee you that even if we had a working wallet, gateways and were at 1.0 we would still be getting smoked because of bitcoin selling.  The only way we can pull away from the black hole of selling that is bitcoin is for marketing to explain how we are different. PR trumps tech when irrationality takes over investors.

1、This is nobody's fault . This is just an issue that would have impact on the confidence of the market . Not believing it won't make it go away .

2、I can guarantee many things , because I've actually talked to the market and spoke to many long term holders with great impact on the market , you haven't . (by people , I mean 300+ people , actual investors , long term supporters , more invest in BTS than anyone in this small forum )

3、Again , debates with issues will make people ignore the original issue , everybody goes home happy , and issues won't be an issue anymore , until it resurface again .

4、I had similar discussions last month . 

5、This forum is suppose to be help with issues , not just "answering" them .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:18:21 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
fullly gree with wildpig. And that is also why I am on board. Every month I put almost all my salary on BTS, now people even do not want short USD. The system seems going to crash

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
The only problem is that now we have to play catch up with marketing due to issues I will not bring up again for obvious reasons.  So now BM is kind of forced to get his voice and philosophy out there to a broader audience because we have certain competitors who can give their public face the time to do nothing but outreach.   

That seems to be the problem , isn't it ?
We always have an explanation for everything . (I even gave some of that explanations myself . )
When people complained about Brian and marketing  , the answer was that the wallet wasn't not ready .
When people complained about wallet , the answer is the market has not heard enough of us .
We seem to have the tendency of using another future "priority" to ignore the need for fixing the current ones .

Then in the end , both things ended up being ignored .

We're chasing one tasks after another , but we don't have proper planing to see it through .

The result is crystal clear , we aim big , but we ignored things that are right under our noses .

BTS price should've been holding up in this crisis , if only you knew how much support behind it .

Now is not the time to make future plans that may or may not pan out .

Say 2000 more people knows about BTS in 2 months , each of them buy 200 USD worth of BTS , that's only 400,000 USD , not even enough for volume in 4 days . That's not enough to go through this crisis .

We need to hold on to the fort we already have , make it solid .

I'm speaking with my programmer head(worked on big projects that worth millions of USD)  and business head .

100% agreed.  The wallet needs fixed.  We will get there. 

The marketing is bringing more eyes, so we need more people working directly on the usability and ease of use for the wallet. 

Is there a way to get more people doing this, though?  Maybe Bytemaster should try to focus on writing blog posts more directed toward why C++ Developers should be interested in running a bitshares delegate, and how they could use their skills to help the project and what  it would do to help the world and the current problems we face in it. 

There is nothing saying we can't think outside of the box and do both things at once.

FYI , just want to let the community know why I was on board with PTS and then BTS in the first place , it was pretty simple , without long articles and blogs .

I saw a message on QQ , it says :

PTS is a token for BTS . BTSX is designed to produces crypto currencies like BitUSD without volatility , it goes without saying it would become the future of crypto currencies .

The best part is that for each BitUSD there are more times worth of BTSX locked in , so the demand for BTSX will increase with the adoption of BitUSD . That's why BTSX looks promising . Those who want to get a cut from BTSX , should buy some PTS .

Then , I was on board .
I considered myself a very doubtful guy . And I was convinced by two lines of sentence .
Think about those folks out there , who really have the time to read these amazing articles and have time to fully understand them .
Those who read them , well , would be hard core crypto fans who will might never believe in BTS .

Offline fuzzy

We always have an explanation for everything . (I even gave some of that explanations myself . )
When people complained about Brian and marketing  , the answer was that the wallet wasn't not ready .
When people complained about wallet , the answer is the market has not heard enough of us .
We seem to have the tendency of using another future "priority" to ignore the need for fixing the current ones .

We're chasing one tasks after another , but we don't have proper planing to see it through .

The result is crystal clear , we aim big , but we ignored things that are right under our noses .

BTS price should've been holding up in this crisis , if only you knew how much support behind it .

Say 2000 more people knows about BTS in 2 months , each of them buy 200 USD worth of BTS , that's only 400,000 USD , not even enough for volume in 4 days . That's not enough to go through this crisis .

I'm speaking with my programmer head(worked on big projects that worth millions of USD)  and business head .

100% agreed.  The wallet needs fixed.  We will get there. 

The marketing is bringing more eyes, so we need more people working directly on the usability and ease of use for the wallet. 

Is there a way to get more people doing this, though?  Maybe Bytemaster should try to focus on writing blog posts more directed toward why C++ Developers should be interested in running a bitshares delegate, and how they could use their skills to help the project and what  it would do to help the world and the current problems we face in it. 

There is nothing saying we can't think outside of the box and do both things at once. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 06:49:58 am by btswildpig »

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

lzr1900

渣渣BM低情商,现在都这屎样了,还写博客去去攻击Nubits干什么。
拿写博客的时间好好研究下怎么提高钱包的性能、易用性不好吗?
这么多次了都没教训

BM should research on how to make the wallet with good performance instead of writing blogs .
Look at the status .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:41:37 am by cn-members »

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:40:28 am by cn-members »