Author Topic: To those still having syncing issues in 0.4.27.2, here's how I solved it  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
This is for Windows right? Any guide for Mac user? My paranoia kick in just after I read 'delete everything'. lol

Yes, it's for a (shitty) pc with windows 8. The macbook I tried it on seemed to get stuck the first time I installed the wallet, but after a reinstall it worked itself out .

The only thing you should ever worry about deleting are your private keys, which reside in the wallet folder. Once 1.0 is ready hopefully users will never be required to mess around with the files.

Offline abelljefrry

This is for Windows right? Any guide for Mac user? My paranoia kick in just after I read 'delete everything'. lol
Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I think the people who are getting stuck syncing some 20-30 days back are somehow getting caught on one of the old forks that happened at that time. I've seen many people mentioning these kind of issues over the past couple of days, and have had it myself on several machines.

If you go into users/[username]/appdata/roaming/bitshares and delete everything except the wallet folder and then run bitshares 0.4.27.2, then in some cases it will work and fix itself. For some reason I kept getting the same problem even when I did this.

I finally got it to work by manually inserting an even newer checkpoint in my appdata/roaming/bitshares folder from www.riverhead.org/checkpoints.json

Just right click and save the document as checkpoints.json, then put it in appdata/roaming/bitshares. Delete everything else except the wallet folder so you only have the wallet and the checkpoints.json in the bithshares folder. Then run bitshares again. The GUI will often show as if it's stuck on a block, however this is just because the wallet is really slow on older computers, and the GUI is slow to update. You can go in the console and write 'getinfo' to see the latest block you are on. It takes a long time for the wallet to return this information so just be patient. After a couple of hours of syncing on my shitty laptop, I now finally have the whole blockchain and my wallet is operational (except for the constant crashes that hopefully are getting fixed with 0.5 today :) )