Author Topic: Compiling Bitshares in Ubuntu  (Read 10929 times)

Offline crazybit

i tried to compile in ubuntu,but got the enclosed error below, any idea?

Linking CXX executable bts_server
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail10bad_alloc_D5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail14bad_exception_D5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_21thread_resource_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_10lock_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_15condition_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_thread.a(thread.o)
`.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED2Ev' referenced in section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED1Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED1Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_chrono.a(chrono.o): defined in discarded section `.text._ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED2Ev[_ZN5boost16exception_detail19error_info_injectorINS_6system12system_errorEED5Ev]' of /usr/local/lib/libboost_chrono.a(chrono.o)
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [bts_wallet/bts_server] Error 1
make[1]: *** [bts_wallet/CMakeFiles/bts_server.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Offline betax

• View Profile
Glad you got it sorted :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
Yes, it turns out, an older version was still running.  I just pulled again and rebuit and now bts_server and bts_wallet are working

Offline betax

• View Profile
Have you checked you have a server running already ? ps -A .
The unique node list is hardcoded to "127.0.0.1:4567"
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline HardFork

• View Profile
It seems like bts_server is no longer required?  I am able to run bts_wallet without running bts_server.

If I try to run bts_server, I get:
2668863ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:401          configure            ] listening for stcp connections on port 4567
2668864ms th_a       chain_server.cpp:114          close                ] closing connections...
2668864ms th_a       server.cpp:19                 main                 ] std
error configuring server
    {"config":{"port":4567,"mirrors":[]}}
    th_a  chain_server.cpp:423 configure

Is this expected?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I'm not sure, but I guess it might be caused by an incompatible changed protocol between server and client due to recent code changes.

So I updated the old chain.zip I provided. To workaround this problem, just download and unzip it again to replace chain folder in bts_server folder.
And, the information in old guide can continue work as it was..

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5037011/chain.zip

----
Please pay attention that this genesis chain is only for testing, can not guarantee it will continue work after chain protocol changes.

Using genesis.json for testing is better way, just put it together with bts_server in same folder, I'm studying how to customize it using bts address format like "21X4FVGdggyDFuv7KueKY6PUoCkE" as genesis address, so that we can import its privatekey later in bts_wallet client.

All I see is:

>>> login
password:

There is nothing that tells me how to set my password

I think i forgot the details, after re-check the code, know that the right steps should be backup/rename/delete your old wallet.bts, and then try "login" again.

Thanks , HackFisher.

I tried but still didn't succeed.  Here is the command lines I got. Could you please help me have a look at this ? Thanks in advance.

>>> login
password: myloginpassword
>>>  importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:508 import_key
unable to import private key
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:516 import_key
>>> unlock
key password: mykeypassword
>>>  importkey d987064e501555cf3d2e4e68f093a94144bc876a85c520971b747af32fa6a4c3 rescan
rescanning chain...
invalid_key
unable to find key 0
    {"key":0}
    th_a  level_map.hpp:65 fetch
error fetching key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:75 fetch
block 0
    {"block":0}
    th_a  blockchain_db.cpp:866 fetch_full_block

{}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:1223 scan_chain
>>>
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 10:06:49 am by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
All I see is:

>>> login
password:

I think i forgot the details, after re-check the code, know that the right steps should be backup/rename/delete your old wallet.bts, and then try "login" again.

Thanks , HackFisher.

I tried but still didn't succeed.  Here is the command lines I got. Could you please help me have a look at this ? Thanks in advance.

>>> login
password: myloginpassword
assert
!is_locked():
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:508 import_key
unable to import private key
    {}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:516 import_key
>>> unlock
key password: mykeypassword
rescanning chain...
invalid_key
unable to find key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:65 fetch
error fetching key 0
    th_a  level_map.hpp:75 fetch
block 0
    {"block":0}
    th_a  blockchain_db.cpp:866 fetch_full_block

{}
    th_a  blockchain_wallet.cpp:1223 scan_chain
>>>

Offline betax

• View Profile
Done, I guess you could have either missed a library or mpi.

Offline betax

• View Profile
I see, I think i will put the code of boot_install.sh in the instructions to avoid an outside dependency. Thanks again btw.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:46:18 am by betax »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Actually it may have been that boost_install.sh didn't work, I just did "sudo ./b2 install" to install boost

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline betax

• View Profile
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I FINALLY COMPILED BITSHARES!

(ubuntu 13.04, does not work on 13.10)

20 PTS for each of you from the tech support fund
28d08afc69dd91ca142ab20d72cf850245939f9c504e99ca61988bc705c81841

toast I use 13.10 any specific issues?

And many thanks!!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:31:26 am by betax »

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile

Great! Thanks.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
What version did you use in the OP?

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
All I see is:

>>> login
password:

Code: [Select]
if( fc::exists( c->_datadir / "wallet.bts" ) )
            {
                std::string password;
                std::cout<<"password: ";
                std::getline( std::cin, password );
                ilog( "opening ${d}", ("d", c->_datadir/"wallet.bts") );
                c->_wallet.open( c->_datadir / "wallet.bts", password );
                if( c->chain.head_block_num() != uint32_t(-1) )
                {
                    std::cout << "scanning chain...\n";
                    c->_wallet.scan_chain( c->chain );
                }
            }
            else // create new wallet
            {
               std::cout << "No wallet.bts found, creating new wallet.\n\n";
               std::cout << "    Every wallet has two passwords: one to load and save your transaction history and addressbook\n";
               std::cout << "    and one to secure your private keys necessary to send money.  You will be asked to provide these\n";
               std::cout << "    two passwords now, do not forget them. \n\n";
               std::cout << "    Your addressbook password may be left empty, but you must provide a password of at least\n";
               std::cout << "    8 characters for your key password.\n\n";
               std::cout << "Please specify an addressbook password for your new wallet.\n";