Author Topic: BitShares 0.5.0 Feedback  (Read 14642 times)

iHashFury

Ubuntu x32 cli has the following build error but still runs stable.

Code: [Select]
make[2]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

zerosum

win7 / 32 bit

Installed over 0.27.1...started with error that apparently destroyed the previous database.

Downloading the chain again... taxing my CPU at 25-60%, 1086 MB of memory [and growing] and spinning my hard drive like there is no tomorrow...

137 days left....will report in a week or so with updates... or not if my laptop explodes and gets on fire....

{EDIT}

Extinguished all the flames coming out of the device...
Copied the last available good database in the app/whatever/ folder...

Not very supportive version it seams...insists on downloading the whole chain...

{Edit2}
With the fire-extinguisher in my hand patiently waiting for the process to end... occasionally putting down a flame or two :)
Just 172 days to go...

Here is an update...

As I said above the bitshares.exe did not like my old chain so it destroyed it and started re-downloading the chain...
6-7 hours later it was at 29 days left and about 6500 MB  memory consumption...decided to restart the client as it helped memory-wise in the previous version.[0.4.27.1 in my case]
After a while the memory needs of bitshares.exe  went up to 6800 MB which totally slowed down and after that froze my 8 GB win 7/32 bit machine...

bitshares_client.exe  worked like a charm... replayed the blockchain with ~600 MB memory and  now bitshares.exe is running decently...

Offline matt608

• View Profile
I just left it for 2 hours and the blockchain synced.  it just keep going in jumps saying it was stuck for 10 mins or so, then updated and then another half an hour for 'wallet transaction scanning. 

I still can't send funds though.  In my personal account and delegate account, if I try to make a transaction and click "send" nothing happens.  Where I type in the amount there is "symbol not set", I can't click that either.

This is getting urgent as I have a freelancer to pay for her translation work and I need to access my funds right now. 

I'm also getting unknown account errors at the top right by the bell.

Probably this is related to transaction scanning or blockchain synchronization. You can try to reload gui right clicking any element and selecting Reload.
Also could you post some of the error message if there are any in the top right part of the window and the flag icon?

Thanks for the reply, I tried the reloading GUI like you suggest but didn't fix it.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I just left it for 2 hours and the blockchain synced.  it just keep going in jumps saying it was stuck for 10 mins or so, then updated and then another half an hour for 'wallet transaction scanning. 

I still can't send funds though.  In my personal account and delegate account, if I try to make a transaction and click "send" nothing happens.  Where I type in the amount there is "symbol not set", I can't click that either.

This is getting urgent as I have a freelancer to pay for her translation work and I need to access my funds right now. 

Probably this is related to transaction scanning or blockchain synchronization. You can try to reload gui right clicking any element and selecting Reload.
Also could you post some of the error message if there are any in the top right part of the window and the flag icon?

Offline matt608

• View Profile

« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 08:11:48 pm by matt608 »

Offline CalabiYau

This time my report is different from previous launches:

2 x Delegate machine Ubuntu server  &  WIN/7 - 64

Block syncing, re-indexing - no issues, everything running fine on first attempt !

Good job ! 

Thank you  :) :) :)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
matt, try to wait a bit and then do getinfo again, see if the block count has increased. I get the issues you describe as well, but it's because my laptop is shit. When I use a better computer it seems to run well even during sync. Once the sync is finally done the wallet runs fine, even on my shitty laptop.

Unfortunately it's likely that the full node will never be able to run/sync better on older machines :(

Offline matt608

• View Profile
It's no different for me than 0.4.27.1.  Doesn't sync, keeps freezing.  if I click away from the startup screen it disappears and I have to force quit and restart.  Heres the get info.  How do I tell if I'm on a fork?

>> get_info

{
  "blockchain_head_block_num": 17286,
  "blockchain_head_block_age": "26 weeks old",
  "blockchain_head_block_timestamp": "2014-07-21T05:31:40",
  "blockchain_average_delegate_participation": "0.01 %",
  "blockchain_confirmation_requirement": 1,
  "blockchain_share_supply": "2,499,002,383.94073 BTS",
  "blockchain_blocks_left_in_round": 86,
  "blockchain_next_round_time": "at least 14 minutes in the future",
  "blockchain_next_round_timestamp": "2015-01-15T17:37:30",
  "blockchain_random_seed": "97b71007dc5a94b03e6a0b0c253ef3726d23c471",
  "client_data_dir": "/Users/matt/Library/Application Support/BitShares",
  "client_version": "v0.5.0",
  "network_num_connections": 8,
  "network_num_connections_max": 200,
  "network_chain_downloader_running": false,
  "network_chain_downloader_blocks_remaining": null,
  "ntp_time": "2015-01-15T17:23:19",
  "ntp_time_error": -0.026610000000000002,
  "wallet_open": true,
  "wallet_unlocked": true,
  "wallet_unlocked_until": "12 days in the future",
  "wallet_unlocked_until_timestamp": "2015-01-27T07:09:45",
  "wallet_last_scanned_block_timestamp": null,
  "wallet_scan_progress": "0.00 %",
  "wallet_block_production_enabled": false,
  "wallet_next_block_production_time": null,
  "wallet_next_block_production_timestamp": null
}

Offline bytemaster

It started downloading the whole chain from scratch for me rather than just re-indexing.   Looking into the reason.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

iHashFury

Archlinux x32 cli has the following build error but still runs stable.

Code: [Select]
tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/build.make:54: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/multest.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2424: recipe for target 'tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [tests/drltc_tests/fc_math/CMakeFiles/multest.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:76: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Archlinux x64 gui built with no errors and runs stable.
ArchLinux here too .. have you update the submodules? git submodule update?
GCC or clang?

Running linux-lts (x32 cli) kernel GCC with everything up-dated
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 04:26:02 pm by iHashFury »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Able to login at "Last block was synced 47d..."

The same issue was in previous versions.

Offline joele

• View Profile
The bitshares_client.exe under \BitSharesX\bin\ is syncing the blocks properly compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI

Offline vlight

• View Profile
First launch and i have to wait looking at the loading screen where there is a message "Connecting to Bitshares network". So, if i was a newbie who opened  it the very first time i would have no clue what the heck is going on.

Should i wait or should i close the wallet? Is it stuck, or it is doing something it is supposed?

This so confusing and not user friendly.
I guess it's redindexing which depending on your spec might take some time .. several minutes at least
No, it's still downloading the blockchain.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
First launch and i have to wait looking at the loading screen where there is a message "Connecting to Bitshares network". So, if i was a newbie who opened  it the very first time i would have no clue what the heck is going on.

Should i wait or should i close the wallet? Is it stuck, or it is doing something it is supposed?

I guess it's redindexing which depending on your spec might take some time .. several minutes at least

Offline vlight

• View Profile

Just posting my impression.

System: Windows 7 64 bit
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:12:16 pm by vlight »