Author Topic: Tether deal with Bitfinex - deposits/withdrawals in fiat-based crypto!  (Read 1796 times)

Offline bytemaster

http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/15/Is-Fractional-Reserve-Banking-a-Ponzi-Scheme/

The more people that create "crypto IOUs" the easier it will be for us to create crypto gateways. 

For example, creating a NuBit gateway would be very useful for us... total time exposed to NuBit will be small enough that most people are unlikely to be caught in the eventual default.

A crypto-IOU basically makes integration with them MUCH easier. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

Each Tether is backed 1-to-1 by its corresponding currency, which can be viewed and verified in real-time via the Tether.to website and on the Blockchain

bitreserve 2.0?
It's an IOU backed by the asset with 100% .. interesting find ..
isn't bitfinex=yunbi? haven't they asked for 100% delegates recently?

Just wanted to say that :)

I hope this whole IOU stuff doesn't get too much hype. Considering how strong ripple is I fear many people don't care about decentralization that much.

After a few high-profile defaults / hacks they will learn.
But for average people, currencies like btc seem easier to be hacked, because of the btc lost news out there.

Offline bytemaster

Each Tether is backed 1-to-1 by its corresponding currency, which can be viewed and verified in real-time via the Tether.to website and on the Blockchain

bitreserve 2.0?

I hope this whole IOU stuff doesn't get too much hype. Considering how strong ripple is I fear many people don't care about decentralization that much.

After a few high-profile defaults / hacks they will learn.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

bitreserve 2.0?

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Seems like it's basically colored coins. I think this is an okay sign for us, if bitcoin exchanges are willing to support this they might also be willing to support market pegged assets in time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

bitreserve 2.0?

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit