Author Topic: Idea - 5 New Websites for 5 separate BitShares businesses  (Read 6583 times)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
That is defo where it will head.  But there is some work to do before then.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline GaltReport

+5%

Right way to think.  Priority is whatever facilitates utility for BitUSD.

Offline emailtooaj

My 2bts,
I can relate to both sides of this debate and see the underlying intent for both. Yes there is definitely a use to have 5 sites to explain how and what each asset does and how it can benefit the end user. But, I believe there should be one (stupid easy) main web site that anyone can easily understand, with the ability to click a named icon (like bitUSD, bitGOLD, bitOIL, bitETC.), go to a separate page (or site) and read more about  that particular asset.
IMO the main BitShares site should have the exchange front and center. Then cleanly listed below that a section (or group of icons) name "BitShares Most Popular Products!" and have the icons listed for the bit assets.  Keep in mind that the main page should have all this be fit and visible on one screen, no scrolling down to see more. The current site looks awesome but is not stupid easy enough to make this idea work.
IF all bitAssets are listed under their own web page and linked to the main site like mentioned above, now you can drive traffic which ever way fits best for the proposed advertising or referral.
Wish I was a web developer to help this side of the project out lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline ak

• View Profile
In the long term we definitely need to break up each part. In the beginning we should focus all our efforts on a single selling point, the excellent decentralized exchange.

100% agree, if we can take over "decentralize exchange" niche it would be much easier to expand to other markets.

+5%

Offline ak

• View Profile
i like the idea ... but let us get first 1 good site out there before talking about 5 sites^^

+5%

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Common we are struggling to get one good site up... and still waiting for a better version... how do we manage to keep  5 sites in good shape and up to date?
Better one very good site about BTS instead 5 average separate sites, except we are ready  to do it! (I doubt we are...+ I think we have other priorities right now)

edit:

just saw your comment  :)
 +5%

i like the idea ... but let us get first 1 good site out there before talking about 5 sites^^
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 10:38:07 pm by liondani »

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
My only problem with this is that because of the merger and now marketing 5 different business will have people think BitShares got divided again. At least it will probably get most people who aren't up to date confused again.

Maybe you could have a series of website all with a common look and feel - bitshares bank, bitshares exchange etc - and each site links to each other funneling people that are interested in other services to the respective site?

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
Something like a simple savings and checking account offering 5% and nothing else (no trading, basket currencies, blah blah blah) would be extremely popular.  Most people don't have, or are even interested in, access to markets for example.

Absolutely true. Keep it simple.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Agree it has been quite confusing, especially for newcomers hard to understand. it is early for marketing to end users anyway. I think that marketing the whole business concept, incorporating various products, should be to new BTS investors...

Offline teenagecheese

• View Profile
Yea I get you, not a ridiculous mindset, but I'm still sticking with my opinion. I really think it's too early for that approach.

Adoption is not low because people are confused by the concept of a decentralized exchange. It's low because they are confused about what we were and what we have been through. Protoshares then Bitshares PTS, AGS, BTSX,BTS, Keyhotee then KEY ID, New PTS, all the other DACS, I3, non inflating currency then no, wait, shareholder dilution, share drops, no share drops, the merger, etc.  In it's current state it's good, BTS the decentralized exchange is clear and simple, it's just all the other stuff that we have to shake off. Just stop changing things, it will only further confuse people.

Adoption is also low because the product currently sucks. The website sucks and the wallet sucks. Thankfully that's changing (I think), although wow, it has taken way too long.

I've said all I can, now all I can do is wait and hope you don't do it.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
 +5% this thread is very important imo

various businesses (disrupting various industries), all