Author Topic: PLS Address Substitution (if you dont control your private keys)  (Read 2980 times)

Offline kentWang

I am a noob to Bitshares and I am interested in PLAY project.
Try to sign up a member in playtalk.org , but did not receive the active email. Definitely the email address works and received the active email of here, bitsharestalk.org. Any idea ? ( seems the ID is 260 in playtalk.org, anyone can help?)

Also, I send 1.xx BTC to the crowedfunding BTC address from my BTC qt wallet, anyone can tell me what should I do next ? Waiting for some notice ?

Check your spam folder. That's where my activation email went.

Yup, I found it in my span folder, thanks for your reminds.

Offline kentWang

Try to sign up a member in playtalk.org , but did not receive the active email. Definitely the email address works and received the active email of here, bitsharestalk.org. Any idea ? ( seems the ID is 260 in playtalk.org, anyone can help?)
Can't help  .. sorry

Also, I send 1.xx BTC to the crowedfunding BTC address from my BTC qt wallet, anyone can tell me what should I do next ? Waiting for some notice ?
Yup .. wait for the client to be released

Ok, thanks for your kindly reply.

Offline robrigo

Check your spam folder. That's where my activation email went.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can't help  .. sorry

Yup .. wait for the client to be released

Offline kentWang

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As this exposes the identity of forum usernames together with a BTC address .. I'd like to kindly request @Hackfisher to verify that Chris is working on PLS!
Just noticed, you are moderator together with hackfisher ..

Offline Chris

If you have donated to the PLAY project using a bitcoin address you dont not control the private keys to, you will have to provide us with a signed message telling us which address you would like us to send you your share of the Playshares distribution.

What you need to do:
In the comment section below, please provide us with the following information:
1. Your Bitcoin address used to send funds to our PLAY crowdfunding address
2. A signed message that tells us what address you would like to get your Playshares sent to
3. The signature proving the message was signed by you

Troubleshooting

How do I sign a message?
If you do not control your private keys, you can ask the exchange/wallet provider (for example Coinbase) to sign a message for you.

What do I need to tell my exchange/wallet?
You need to ask your exchange/wallet to sign a message from the specific address you sent your bitcoins from containing the new address you would like to get your Playshares delivered to.

Do you have an example of a message I could send to my exchange/wallet?
"Dear Coinbase

Could I ask you to please sign a message from the following bitcoin address: 154WKm4ntKT1zrWpwCZBWjp5JMuxhGVuZQ
The message I would like you to sign for me is the following: New address: 15jXdRD7UDDoV6DhyLJbJMYD9SAv7G9STE

Thank you"

Do I need to sign do this if I control the private keys
No, you only need to perform these actions if you do not control your private keys.

Example of how a post from you could look:
Address: 13U3XLUTRHLGMwfCmhde7EmQtNdJE7X2zw
Signature: H0OJtflbALrRR4eRdzf/yCNLe+RFjsPNlU6384i3W+RUElPyrraY8FZYk3exCij5j3K9PfzvV/2JhExXhEQtVUo=