Author Topic: Blockchain AI  (Read 1013 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I don't see how blockchain technology adds anything at all to the friendly AI debate.

The most important thing would be to design/train the values and basic drives of the AI to be "desirable" (assuming we can get a consensus on what we think is desirable). If we get that wrong, it doesn't matter whether blockchains exist or not, a super-intelligent AI will inevitably take over control of all resources one way or another (assuming it has the basic drive promoting that as a sub-goal and its sub-goals do not conflict with its ingrained values).

This is probably a fun discussion that is better suited for the "Random Discussion" sub-forum though.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:25:17 pm by arhag »

Offline NthBox

• View Profile
Hey Guys...I was talking to Toast and he suggested that I share this with the community.
It would be great to have the BitShares community voice in the conversation in the early stages. Future articles will discuss specific technologies and BitShares will be included in it.

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113368/blockchain-ai-5-top-reasons-the-blockchain-will-deliver-friendly-ai
BTSX: nthbox