Author Topic: Winklevoss Aim to Take Bitcoin Mainstream With a Regulated Exchange [Article]  (Read 1077 times)

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Overstock's Medici was supposed to be a cryptoequity platform. This sounds like a regular Bitcoin exchange.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

That is what it sounds like to me.  My understanding is also that the Overstock effort has significantly fractured.  The Counterparty founders have left the project, and I hear they only have a few people working on it.

But it sounds like the Winklevi have a much larger team and a lot more capital going into the development.

In my opinion, we should try to get in touch with this effort, and show them how to do a decentralized exchange with Bitshares.

Is anyone interested in forming a team with me to try this?  Is there anyone that knows more about any of this?

jaran

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/winklevoss-twins-aim-to-take-bitcoin-mainstream-with-a-regulated-exchange/?_r=0

"Now two of the biggest boosters of the virtual currency, Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss, are trying to firm up support by creating the first regulated Bitcoin exchange for American customers — what they are calling the Nasdaq of Bitcoin."

So they are building the same thing as the overstock guys??