Author Topic: BitShares 0.5.0 Feedback  (Read 14632 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
I cant register new accounts from the gui using the faucet , but even not using my own funds!
I managed to do that only from the cli or the gui's command console....

PS something else was that it show's that the faucet funds are at zero.... so I donated 100 BTS but I never have seen that funds when I refreshed the faucet's homepage....  :(

Account registration with your own funds was fixed in 0.5.1, did you try it?
Faucet's Bitshares client was down yesterday - this is why you've seen 0 balance, nonetheless thank you for the donation.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I cant register new accounts from the gui using the faucet , but even not using my own funds!
I managed to do that only from the cli or the gui's command console....

PS something else was that it show's that the faucet funds are at zero.... so I donated 100 BTS but I never have seen that funds when I refreshed the faucet's homepage....  :(
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:30:52 pm by liondani »

clout

I can't cancel my my orders on the bitUSD/bitGOLD market. I get this error:

Code: [Select]
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
cur_record->condition.slate_id == 0:
    {}

Offline yankey

• View Profile
Workable GUI is needed urgently.

I also have to use bitshares_client.exe and keep typing "blockchain_get_blockcount" like a moron (or up+enter)... inching forward from 1502318 and it is painful and embarrassing.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Try to run the Windows bitshares console under \Program Files\BitSharesX\bin\bitshares_client.exe its syncing the blocks consistently compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI.

Thanks.

Offline joele

• View Profile
Just wasted 8 hours trying to sync 0.5.1 wallet and it stuck at 30+ days left with a memory leak. After forced restart i wasn't able to login and had to reset database.

0.5.1 at least allowed to login and see the status of synchronization, it was cool as i was willing to wait. But after the crash i won't try to use it again. Back to 0.5.0

Try to run the Windows bitshares console under \Program Files\BitSharesX\bin\bitshares_client.exe its syncing the blocks consistently compare to GUI, once synced then you can open the GUI.

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Just wasted 8 hours trying to sync 0.5.1 wallet and it stuck at 30+ days left with a memory leak. After forced restart i wasn't able to login and had to reset database.

0.5.1 at least allowed to login and see the status of synchronization, it was cool as i was willing to wait. But after the crash i won't try to use it again. Back to 0.5.0

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
Loading blockchain from: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\BitS
n
Loading config from file: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Bit
fig.json
Initializing genesis state from built-in genesis file
Please be patient, this will take a few minutes...
Successfully re-indexed 0 blocks in 0 seconds.
Blockchain size changed from 0MiB to 0MiB.
Not starting RPC server, use --server to enable the RPC interface
Attempting to map P2P port 62098 with UPNP...
UPnP: ExternalIPAddress = 192.168.1.100
UPnP Port Mapping successful
Listening for P2P connections on port 62098
Adding peer 178.62.50.61:1777 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1777 to peer database
Adding peer 95.85.33.16:8764 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1778 to peer database
Adding peer 5.101.106.138:1776 to peer database
My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline bennyliaa

• View Profile
Client 0.5.1, bolcked on about 3 days ago and can not go achead syning the blocks. The network connections more that 10 sometimes. The netword very unstatable.
My Personal BTS Account: stephen

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Light client is looking really good.

How do I run light client?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mint chocolate chip

The X needs to be removed from installer.

During the installation process, I have seen it say BitSharesX.

Offline bytemaster

Light client is looking really good. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
+5%    Yeah, it's a great project with a lot of promise.  The ride has been.... interesting.... lol.  I think the whole ecosystem is organizing itself, however.  Bitshares' protocol is complex, so I can't blame the devs for it being hard to run on laptops.  I just hope that a stable light client comes out before the complexity becomes completely prohibitive to everyday users.

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
The user experience is still a little jarring.  The program feels "heavy" to use because of all the resource usage. I don't think it's necessarily bad, as long as it's stable.

It gives the program an air of mystery, like "what's it doing in there?".

I'm assuming that there is no way to cut down on resource usage? If it can be done, it should, because currently it represents a barrier to entry for users who are running their lives on the lean side so to speak.  Bitshares should be inclusive to people of all economic standing in my opinion.

Exactly my thought too. I haven't had access to my BTS in months because previous wallet updates made it too difficult on my mid-range laptop to just sync the block chain without crashing. So now have to wait to buy a new laptop or use a friends, tho high spec laptops are not that common really. God help anyone in sub Saharan Africa get involved with bitshares or any other crypto coin for that matter. These desktop wallets are putting everyone off from joining, waiting hours or days to sync block chains is torture, I hope someone invents a new alternative to the whole thing. Despite this I'm still ultra bullish on bitshares for long-term haha
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Fix insufficient feeds error on BitAsset/non-base asset markets
seems still not work?

Which markets? They might need a new order to activate: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1285
works now, thanks!!  :)