Author Topic: Up to 27 100% delegates. Really?  (Read 7241 times)

Offline oco101

• View Profile
@NewMine what happen with your "sharedrop" plan to save us all ???

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I will hold out a few months more, but from what I have seen so far it seems self-funding with Delegates are working like a charm.
As I have stated before, Bitcoin is in the spot BitShares wants to be in. BTC did not need what all of you propose is necessary to grow BitShares. It happened because BTC holders wanted to grow their holdings or make a buck of the potential.

Bitcoin won't be in the spot bitshares is in with ~25 100% delegates until there's been another 2 reward halvings. ;)

Offline onceuponatime

I will hold out a few months more, but from what I have seen so far it seems self-funding with Delegates are working like a charm.

I have yet to see any tangible evidence that proves bitshares wouldn't be in the exact same spot had there been no 100% delegates. I have yet to see any evidence of anything beyond the status quo in October 2014.

Marketing delegates with no marketing results. No offense guys. I know you all talk and theorize about the possibilities but nothing has panned out so far.  A pretty good indicator is the subReddit subscribers or lack thereof. Yeah, yeah, yeah we waiting for 1.0. You cant sell a product before its released (Video Games, Movies, BitReserve, iPhones....  ;))

Developers would be doing the exact same thing had they not been a 100% delegate. Otherwise there high hopes of huge windfalls from their enormous holding would have zero chance of coming to fruition.

Gateway delegates have not produced any fiat to BTS gateway. Still producing a gateway using BTC which already existed and still exists had there not been a 100% delegate.

As I have stated before, Bitcoin is in the spot BitShares wants to be in. BTC did not need what all of you propose is necessary to grow BitShares. It happened because BTC holders wanted to grow their holdings or make a buck of the potential.

You guys realize that BitShares is more like a welfare program with its 100% delegates.  :o

And the purpose of your post is ......? (ie. Why do you spend your time posting here, or anywhere, about bitshares? Do you value your time at zero?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

I have yet to see any tangible evidence that proves bitshares wouldn't be in the exact same spot had there been no 100% delegates. I have yet to see any evidence of anything beyond the status quo in October 2014.

Marketing delegates with no marketing results. No offense guys. I know you all talk and theorize about the possibilities but nothing has panned out so far.  A pretty good indicator is the subReddit subscribers or lack thereof. Yeah, yeah, yeah we waiting for 1.0. You cant sell a product before its released (Video Games, Movies, BitReserve, iPhones....  ;))

Developers would be doing the exact same thing had they not been a 100% delegate. Otherwise there high hopes of huge windfalls from their enormous holding would have zero chance of coming to fruition.

Gateway delegates have not produced any fiat to BTS gateway. Still producing a gateway using BTC which already existed and still exists had there not been a 100% delegate.

You guys realize that BitShares is more like a welfare program with its 100% delegates.  :o

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline fuzzy

This is just one of the functions we tend to take part in with our delegate hangouts.  Anyone can attend and ask questions. There is an initial "interview"but in the future hangouts will focus in project updates for those voted in..in addition.  Of course doing all these is time consuming..and even moreso when we are trying to make content that can be used to promote bitshares in addition to providing that service.  So it cannot, unfortunately, be free because as the DAC grows so too will grow the number of delegates fighting for positions and thus delegate hangouts themselves will be occuring probably nearly every day..and editing the content for "show quality" takes approximately 3x the amount of time than the recording time.

We will not need a group to audit at that time though because the competitors of incumbants will be in the best position to do so.  It will then be the job of the community to choose.  If we have auditors...who audits them?  What keeps them from being bought off?

Just one more reason to support the beyond bitcoin efforts moving forward in this community. 
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 03:28:12 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

A lot of time is spent posting messages trying to counter the FUD spewed on this and other forums. That time should be part of pr/marketing delegate reports.

Your BTS at work.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair

TurkeyLeg

I dont think we need a delegate to look after the other delegates.  I think this is something that investors should want to do.  The community should be doing this (and will be), without needing to be paid.

+5% +5% +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTW, I'd recommend every delegate to fill in some data into the public json data. Some weeks ago we came up with a consensus about the protocol:

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Delegate/PublicData

Example script to do so:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/xeroc/pytshares/master/setPublicData.py   ### use with caution as the payrate is part of it!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
A few delegates away from hitting a million shares per week dilution. Plus the vesting share dilution every day will equal a zero or negative growth over the next few years. All the while, bitcoin sidechains and centralized wannabes slowly gain faster acceptance.  And ethereum too.

What are all you delegates doing exactly? We even have a new delegate inspector delegate proposal. WTF? 

Id like to propose a 100% delegate to oversee the inspector delegate.
Or
How about a BS delegate? This delegate's primary job would be to make wild and amazing promises that never see the light of day. Just as every promise is supposed to be realized, I will flood you guys with excuses and more promises for future dates. Rinse repeat. The whole time this is going on I will trade my BTS for bitUSD giving the bitISD ever so much more liquidity on an ongoing basis until I have gathered enough bitUSD to buy a vacation home on cryptofresh.

You sound like a good candidate for the auditor delegate.  :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
A few delegates away from hitting a million shares per week dilution. Plus the vesting share dilution every day will equal a zero or negative growth over the next few years. All the while, bitcoin sidechains and centralized wannabes slowly gain faster acceptance.  And ethereum too.

What are all you delegates doing exactly? We even have a new delegate inspector delegate proposal. WTF? 

Or
How about a BS delegate? This delegate's primary job would be to make wild and amazing promises that never see the light of day. Just as every promise is supposed to be realized, I will flood you guys with excuses and more promises for future dates. Rinse repeat. The whole time this is going on I will trade my BTS for bitUSD giving the bitISD ever so much more liquidity on an ongoing basis until I have gathered enough bitUSD to buy a vacation home on cryptofresh.

seriously , you should improve your reading skills . Read the so-called "new delegate inspector delegate proposal" again .

It's a grass root marketing delegate of 15 people who are doing huge efforts in China offering to pay a small compensation out of their pay to such a position to review the delegates . 

No one is asking for a delegate for such an inspection .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I dont think we need a delegate to look after the other delegates.  I think this is something that investors should want to do.  The community should be doing this (and will be), without needing to be paid.

At scale there should absolutely be HR delegates that provide reports, metrics, etc. about all delegates, all their projects and all their employees. No delegate should go unscrutinized and all delegate expenses should be 100% accounted for. Shareholders are meant to make the executive decisions - doing actual research and reports at the massive scale the bitshares bureacracy will reach at 5 billion (or just 500 million really) will require loads of resources that we can't expect individuals to donate.  Of course ultimately there will be many situations where grassroots investigation or shareholder activism is required, and it will probably happen much more often compared to traditional publicly traded companies, but if we rely solely on altrustic shareholders doing in-depth delegate investigation in their free time we will not be able to have a functional team at scale.

Eventually yes, delegates will need to be whole organizations. 
I should say: At the present time, I dont think this is so complicated that it needs to be a paid position, it is something that we the community should be doing.

Later on if we get huge things will change.

Agree, for now delegates should be developer salary or marketing/bounty expenses (non salary) only.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

Please do so.  You're delegate fee will keep a serious developer paid for an extra two weeks
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

At scale there should absolutely be HR delegates that provide reports, metrics, etc. about all delegates, all their projects and all their employees. No delegate should go unscrutinized and all delegate expenses should be 100% accounted for. Shareholders are meant to make the executive decisions - doing actual research and reports at the massive scale the bitshares bureacracy will reach at 5 billion (or just 500 million really) will require loads of resources that we can't expect individuals to donate.  Of course ultimately there will be many situations where grassroots investigation or shareholder activism is required, and it will probably happen much more often compared to traditional publicly traded companies, but if we rely solely on altrustic shareholders doing in-depth delegate investigation in their free time we will not be able to have a functional team at scale.

Eventually yes, delegates will need to be whole organizations. 
I should say: At the present time, I dont think this is so complicated that it needs to be a paid position, it is something that we the community should be doing.

Later on if we get huge things will change.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Everyone active can be considered a "delegate inspector". You already do that by voting in/out whoever is productive to BitShares
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads