Author Topic: robohash discrepancies  (Read 1959 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Re: robohash discrepancies
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2015, 03:54:41 pm »
This could just be an issue with the wallet sending an incorrect string to robohash.org. My robot still matches but I haven't checked in the wallet. How about the robots on bitsharesblocks?
Nop .. My avatar is a link to robohash that hasn't changed for weeks .. though the image changed .. it's definitely on the robohash.org side
Your new avatar looks strange.  ???
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Steemit Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2015, 03:59:42 pm »
This could just be an issue with the wallet sending an incorrect string to robohash.org. My robot still matches but I haven't checked in the wallet. How about the robots on bitsharesblocks?
Nop .. My avatar is a link to robohash that hasn't changed for weeks .. though the image changed .. it's definitely on the robohash.org side

Looks like they changed the hashes for set_1 then, I'm pretty sure they used to be the same as the standard one because the robots on bitsharesblocks were the same as the ones in the wallet.
This looks same to my original robot: http://robohash.org/set_4/a.delegate.abit
BTS account: abit
BTS committee member: abit
BTS witness: in.abit

Offline svk

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2015, 06:02:09 pm »
I've pushed an update to Bitsharesblocks that should keep the robots consistent with the wallet. As graffenwalder noted, there's definitely an issue with the ?size param, there appears to be at least two different robots generated depending on the size you use, so for anyone looking to use this, be careful with the size!
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2015, 06:12:23 pm »
Thanks to the crack BTS detective team for getting to the bottom of this and pushing updates / clearing confusion. Especially happy it wasn't just me! :)

I agree there are perhaps better solutions, but for now we're on the Robohash / SafeBot tip, so good to keep it working as intended.