Author Topic: Altcoin-BitAssets / DACs / Roadmap --- hello & help  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Hello BitShares community.

I'm new to this,  but due to the fact that I'm a very busy person I have no time to browse all the forum looking for each peace of information so decided to ask here for help.
I hope you will understand and apologies if certain things had been asked numerous times before.

1. Can an altcoin be integrated into BitShares - for example traded on the exchange or create an asset? If not when and if ever will this be possible.
a) What would be/are the criteria of being accepted/considered and if creation of BitAsset with BitAltcoin casue a sell pressure on that altcoin.

"BitAssets will also be created for bitcoin using the BitBTC BitAsset, and the team is considering other cryptocurrencies."
http://www.coindesk.com/bitshares-p2p-trading-platform-to-offer-dividends-on-bitcoins/

b) Can real gold deposits be represented as a 'premined' token?
c) Will Bitshares support programmable smart contracts that meet specific needs of different types of businesses? If so when? Is there any roadmap plan available?

2. Are DACs ready or the concept is still in the making? If not ready when can we expect it to be made available?
a) Will anyone be able to set up one themselves or there is a body that oversees the process?

3. I'm specifically after creating an Investment DAC where several investment opportunities will be possible - real gold hedging/and other services.
a) Is this possible to have a DAC like that where people invest BitUSD or BitWhateverAsset which would be used to invest in mainstream market ventures and profit returned to shareholders?
b) Is there an expert here on that who could consult this with me confidentially? I don't want to share my exact plans with everyone just yet. Sorry.

Will be grateful if you assisted me with finding answers to the above asked questions.   

Best regards,
pops

Howdy Pops,

I can provide a little free phone consultation.  PM me with times you are available in the coming week...

Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Hi pops!

Any exchange can create their own user issued assets on the Bitshares blockchain that represent IOUs for altcoins, likewise for gold. For example bter could create a UIA called bterDOGE or bterLTC, and everyone could trade them whether they have a Bter account or not.

Market pegged assets are also created by paying a fee. So if anyone thinks their is enough community interest, they can pay to create a market pegged asset of an altcoin.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:34:52 am by speedy »

Offline pops

• View Profile
Hello BitShares community.

I'm new to this,  but due to the fact that I'm a very busy person I have no time to browse all the forum looking for each peace of information so decided to ask here for help.
I hope you will understand and apologies if certain things had been asked numerous times before.

1. Can an altcoin be integrated into BitShares - for example traded on the exchange or create an asset? If not when and if ever will this be possible.
a) What would be/are the criteria of being accepted/considered and if creation of BitAsset with BitAltcoin casue a sell pressure on that altcoin.

"BitAssets will also be created for bitcoin using the BitBTC BitAsset, and the team is considering other cryptocurrencies."
http://www.coindesk.com/bitshares-p2p-trading-platform-to-offer-dividends-on-bitcoins/

b) Can real gold deposits be represented as a 'premined' token?
c) Will Bitshares support programmable smart contracts that meet specific needs of different types of businesses? If so when? Is there any roadmap plan available?

2. Are DACs ready or the concept is still in the making? If not ready when can we expect it to be made available?
a) Will anyone be able to set up one themselves or there is a body that oversees the process?

3. I'm specifically after creating an Investment DAC where several investment opportunities will be possible - real gold hedging/and other services.
a) Is this possible to have a DAC like that where people invest BitUSD or BitWhateverAsset which would be used to invest in mainstream market ventures and profit returned to shareholders?
b) Is there an expert here on that who could consult this with me confidentially? I don't want to share my exact plans with everyone just yet. Sorry.

Will be grateful if you assisted me with finding answers to the above asked questions.   

Best regards,
pops
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 10:51:34 pm by pops »