Author Topic: Better pick up the pace, we got competition.  (Read 4285 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How does Keyhotee relate / compare to KryptoKit?

I sounds very similar. Does anyone know how they compare?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
How does Keyhotee relate / compare to KryptoKit?

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
I've been following this project for a while, and it's definitely closely related:

http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/

Hopefully Keyhotee will eventually have distributed forums, or even a fully distributed social network to rival Facebook...

Retroshare is a nice piece of software indeed but it's main focus lies in messaging and that's just a small part of Keyhotee's features.
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I've been following this project for a while, and it's definitely closely related:

http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/

Hopefully Keyhotee will eventually have distributed forums, or even a fully distributed social network to rival Facebook...

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Well with these 3 competitors I guess it's safe to say the age of the password is coming to an end. Let's just hope Keyhotee leads the pack in Public-key cryptography platforms...
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline evisu1

• View Profile
BitTorrent Details How It’s Building An Anonymous Chat Product Without Using Servers

http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/19/bittorrent-chat/

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
I think KryptoKit is a much more serious competitor.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Well this can be either a good or bad thing. Good because even the big tech companies see the potential in this idea and have shown interest in going into that direction. Bad because all eyes are on the big tech companies on this front, and it's not about who creates this first, but who everyone's looking at. Invictus still has a head start since Keyhotee is set to release on new years, so it would be smart to spread Keyhotee like wild fire before these tech companies own this idea.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
This isn't a serious source of competition. It still looks like a centralized method, and I doubt the code will be open source. They do have a significant advantage in the fact that they probably have access to more funding than Invictus Innovations does, which will help with widespread adoption. However, since Keyhotee is open source, it'll be easier for developers to create new uses for it, which will help encourage adoption as well
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline smiley35

• View Profile

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/12/microsoft-joins-fido-group-hoping-to-replace-passwords-with-public-key-cryptography/

"FIDO hopes to replace passwords with a system built around public key cryptography. To register with a FIDO site, you won't enter a password into the site. Instead, hitting register will alert your authentication devices—typically an app on your smartphone—of the attempt to register."

"Applications could already use similar techniques for authentication today, but developers would have to create all the components and communications protocols themselves."
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 08:08:33 am by smiley35 »