Author Topic: Bitcoin - Ethereum-Ripple  (Read 9592 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Oh because he introduced Dan to Cob or whoever the fuck the guy is I am supposed to be thankful? NOTEs isn't shit right now and I doubt it will ever be anything. So the moment it is tangible I will gladly trade them to you for BTC. Nice try Brian.  ;D
I am interested .. though I don't trust you .. how would you go for trading them?
Still interested? haha

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Don't worry, at this very moment we have Brian Page bringing in some large "whales" from St. Marten. It's super hush hush though. Don't tell anyone.

Ugh, I hear ya. Can't believe I'd ever find myself agreeing with NewMine. It feels like things were so different a few months back. Every day was a new exciting announcement, a new window opened, a new reason to be hyped for BitShares...

Dinner in St. Martin with Kevin Harrington!
Talk of whales/strategic partnerships ready to buy in soon!
1.0 on the way!
Marketing blitz about to commence! Secret sauce was kept under wraps, but it's gonna be huge!
Possible partnership with Vitalik and Ethereum?! No way!
Infomercials!
John Underwood remittance partnership!
Vote has a super exciting secret sauce! Could we get it in the 2016 elections?!?
Referral program! Pre-paid card partnership ready to go!
Talk of a credit union! Could BTS buy one??

...then the merger happened. And all the excitement came to a grinding halt as the forum became a battle ground between PTS and BTS and every other post was about inflation, or allocation squabbles, or nubits being a Ponzi, or some company stealing our brand, etc. PR disaster after PR disaster.

I still think BTS has the best tech and the best shot at success. But damn, things have been grim lately. Apologies for the rant...

The funny thing is; only one of those things that were promised or eluded to by I3 will ever come to light at the hands and sweat of I3. 1.0, that is all. Everything else was a pie in the sky bullshit promises sold to loyal followers in order to keep toeing the line that justifies all the AGS donations.

I think the Devs should give every person who publicly thought Brian Page should be fired some of their I3 funds. 1000 each for every excuse and back they gave Brian Page in that glorious May thread. 

Link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4779.0  Much foot in the mouth going in that thread. Lesson: not all negativity is unwarranted or unjustified. Take the negativity and think for one second that maybe it's justified and you may end up 1 step ahead rather than exactly where you were or two steps back. Sometimes the person holding the flashlight needs it shined upon themselves in order for the others to see clearly too. It sucks having to be the voice of reason here even when I am right.

Are you going to return all your NOTES when they become liquid?? This request of yours is completely selfish and irrational. How many times do you need to be told that your donations came with no strings attached. No one owes you shit. Get over it.
  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Oh because he introduced Dan to Cob or whoever the fuck the guy is I am supposed to be thankful? NOTEs isn't shit right now and I doubt it will ever be anything. So the moment it is tangible I will gladly trade them to you for BTC. Nice try Brian.  ;D
I am interested .. though I don't trust you .. how would you go for trading them?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Don't worry, at this very moment we have Brian Page bringing in some large "whales" from St. Marten. It's super hush hush though. Don't tell anyone.

Ugh, I hear ya. Can't believe I'd ever find myself agreeing with NewMine. It feels like things were so different a few months back. Every day was a new exciting announcement, a new window opened, a new reason to be hyped for BitShares...

1.0 on the way!
Marketing blitz about to commence! Secret sauce was kept under wraps, but it's gonna be huge!
Infomercials!
Vote has a super exciting secret sauce! Could we get it in the 2016 elections?!?

...then the merger happened. And all the excitement came to a grinding halt as the forum became a battle ground between PTS and BTS and every other post was about inflation, or allocation squabbles, or nubits being a Ponzi, or some company stealing our brand, etc. PR disaster after PR disaster.

I still think BTS has the best tech and the best shot at success. But damn, things have been grim lately. Apologies for the rant...

The funny thing is; only one of those things that were promised or eluded to by I3 will ever come to light at the hands and sweat of I3. 1.0, that is all. Everything else was a pie in the sky bullshit promises sold to loyal followers in order to keep toeing the line that justifies all the AGS donations.

I think the Devs should give every person who publicly thought Brian Page should be fired some of their I3 funds. 1000 each for every excuse and back they gave Brian Page in that glorious May thread. 

Link: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4779.0  Much foot in the mouth going in that thread. Lesson: not all negativity is unwarranted or unjustified. Take the negativity and think for one second that maybe it's justified and you may end up 1 step ahead rather than exactly where you were or two steps back. Sometimes the person holding the flashlight needs it shined upon themselves in order for the others to see clearly too. It sucks having to be the voice of reason here even when I am right.

Are you going to return all your NOTES when they become liquid?? This request of yours is completely selfish and irrational. How many times do you need to be told that your donations came with no strings attached. No one owes you shit. Get over it.

Offline joele

• View Profile

1.0 on the way!
Infomercials!

Ouch :D

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

1.0 on the way!
Infomercials!

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@ Newmine: You are not the voice of reason...
Yes many mistakes have happened.
Yes things could have been differently.
No you cannot ask for refund of AGS from I3 from their wrong decisions.
Obviously there will be many more wrong decisions along the way. No reason for too much negativity and we need some more optimism. We all need to help as everyone can and we cannot expect things to just magically happen from the devs.

Having said that, I agree with many of your points that you often raise. But sometimes I strongly disagree with many of your negative posts that want to harm BTS and do not do any good to anyone.
Peace my friend!! +5%

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

1.0 on the way!
Infomercials!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 08:45:38 am by NewMine »

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Even though his actual marketing abilities were shit, Brain sent the team to Austin, where they first met Eddie Corral, and BitShares Music was born.  That deal alone may have been worth his entire paycheck.

No, the damage B made to BTS will need long long time to recover, maybe never. Timing is important in crypto world. In June, community want to fire him, I3 cores scream: Brian has my full support! That's the best chance ever, now... timing is gone...

Offline VoR0220

Even though his actual marketing abilities were shit, Brain sent the team to Austin, where they first met Eddie Corral, and BitShares Music was born.  That deal alone may have been worth his entire paycheck.

HA
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline matt608

• View Profile

If you are joking then thanks for the helpful post.

If you are not then it would be smart of Brian to share what convinced the pockets to buy in so that others can replicate his success.

It turns out, the "whales" he "brought" in were actual whales he bought. Apparently he spent $100,000 on black market whale blubber to burn the massive piles of bullshit he sold I3.

ROFL, right you are.
Can you imagine going out on a boat to sell bitshares to real live whales.  Drop a laptop in the pacific, see if anyone uses it to buy.  'laptop drop' on real whales.  :P

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Grim on the outside, but better than ever from my perspective of what is actually happening.

Please illuminate us and elaborate more on that...Give us some hope and something to expect.

From my point of view the only good thing that I think has happened is only bitshares.tv, and some other very nice videos and finally some proper easy to follow marketing. Other than that in terms of friendly use I don't see anything amazing between the first GUI wallet release and the current GUI wallet release.

I cannot judge the development behind the scenes and your efforts on the project since I am not a tech guy. I know that you put a lot of efforts and the rest of the dev team as well but you need to understand that the simple normal person cannot see that. And when most people don't see that then it is like nothing happens.

I don't want to sound bitchy. I do appreciate everything you guys are doing. In the end of the day I am mostly here for educational purposes and because this forum and BTS support my ideals about a free economy.  I just don't want to see BTS becoming another alt coin vanishing in bitcoin's shadow. This monster deserves much more respect!

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Grim on the outside, but better than ever from my perspective of what is actually happening.

Thanks BM. I know you guys work your asses off. Fingers crossed it can all come together, and we get to see what your perspective is for ourselves...some day, lol.

Offline bytemaster

1.0 on the way!
Infomercials!

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.