Author Topic: Business development delegate  (Read 10222 times)

Online Thom

Re: Business development delegate
« Reply #90 on: October 13, 2015, 02:58:57 am »
While I wait on the 0.9.3c client to finish scanning to get an up-to-date balance, I thought I'd post a quick update here on the progress our delegate has made since wackou posted here last month.

We have both been frantically working our asses off getting ready for the public release of graphene tomorrow, with wackou working on bts_tools and me working on a comprehensive VPS setup script for Ubuntu and Debian Linux. The idea is to bring a brand new bare bones VPS to a common state of readyness to run a full graphene seed or witness, including all updates, packages, tools and graphene itself.

It has been a very intense week of preparations and much testing! I have learned a huge amount just since last Friday alone. I am very confident now in my ability to quickly deploy a graphene node into production.

Wackou and I are fully agreed that deployment of the "small world" backbone architecture will need to come after the rollout, in part b/c the Cyptonomex team has had their hands full and will not be able to add the API call to the codebase until after graphene is live. The C++ API code additions we would like to facilitate a better backbone system were not too difficult to implement, and wackou has already coded them and submitted a pull request to Cryptonomex for inclusion when the dev team can find the time to merge it in. They provide functionality missing in graphene that was present in the 0.9.3c codebase.

I have completed the setup of 4 VPS systems as graphene seed nodes, for use in production starting tomorrow. Once Cryptonomex announces the final "go live" / release version of graphene I will deploy it to those seeds so they are ready for users to connect. They are running on the testnet until then.

That's about it. Both wackou and I will be campaigning for your votes to run a graphene witness to continue our work in making the BitShares network robust, reliable and fault tolerant.

One last note about The BitShares Saga. I had to put work on that project on hold as I just didn't have the time to continue the research, writing and website development AND obsorb all of the new information about graphene, not to mention participate in the forum discussions where various aspects of graphene were conceived and shaped. However, I remain excited and passionate and am looking forward to getting back to continue writing and complete the BitShares Saga book series. If you haven't seen what it is all about go check out the website and read the introduction. Do it now!

Thank you for your support!

« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 03:11:46 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Online Thom

Re: Business development delegate
« Reply #91 on: October 13, 2015, 11:36:52 pm »
All seed nodes are operational as is the newly created verbaltech2 witness. It has been a very long day but glad to see it pay off with success!

Thanks to everyone for all your hard work and dedication to the cause. As my delegate tools partner wackou says the names that helped along the way are too numerous to list, but I must at least thank Bytemaster for all of his expert assitance which he provided after working hours when he should have been out celebrating with the team.

And to everyone in this community I bid you farewell for now.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html