Author Topic: Business development delegate  (Read 39091 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
You have my vote! Business development is the largest remaining void in our ecosystem. With our decentralized model, we need to empower delegates for this type of outreach. Gentso brings a skill set that few people around here have and I'm happy that you're partnering with Thom. These are two good guys.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Over the past month and a half I have been working with the BitShares marketing team. My goal has been to convert cold call emails into meetings so I may present solutions to their business needs. They can be merchants looking for a better payment system, exchanges asking about what makes BitShares, and our bit assets, different, and emerging technology companies. More than just promoting the protocol, a hardware solution may be the best answer to their need to secure stake and promote voting. I scour the forums here and on Nullstreet on a near daily basis to gather new insight on how to approach the many different target markets. I have personally reached out to 30+ companies and have been able to convert four to meetings. Of those four, three have lead to integration or a partnership in some way. Another five resulted in potential leads.

过去的一个半月时间里我与比特股市场团队一起工作。我的目标是将冷冰冰的email请求转换为会议,这样我可以为他们的商业需要提供解决方案。这些商业可以是那些寻找更好的支付系统的商家,交易所寻找比特股和比特资产与众不同的答案,以及新兴的科技公司。不只是推销这个协议,一个硬件的解决方案或许是更好的答案去满足他们保证权益和推广投票,我每天都在这个论坛和nullstreet论坛里面寻找去接近不同目标市场的新观点。我个人已经向30多个公司伸出橄榄枝,已经成功使四个公司与我们进行了会议。这四个公司,其中三个已经达成了整合或成为某种意义上的合作伙伴。剩下的五个或许会有希望。

I would like to continue doing the above as a paid delegate. This would allow me to increase the amount of time I am already devoting to the business development front.  Helping to forge important partnerships is very time consuming, yet also required to ensure the success of the BitShares platform. I am therefore campaigning for a 100% paid delegate position. Such a position enables me to increase my availability for meetings that I setup or to act as a backup or a lead for those who may be uncomfortable or unavailable to speak to potential partners.
我会想作为一个付费的受托人继续做上述这些事情。这会让我增加时间去做那些我已经在商业发展领域做的事情。帮助促成合作关系是非常耗费时间的,但也是比特股平台成功必须的。我因此申请一个100%受托人的职位。这个职位会让我有更多的时间去参加我设立的会议,或者是为其他一些不善展开商业会谈的人当副手。

As a delegate, I promise not to “share price watch” - using the excuse that because share price is down, it only buys half the time that it used to. The importance of having someone experienced in sales and business development on hand and accountable to help present the message to a potential partner cannot be overstated. Many potential partners do not have the time to read a white paper or check the forums.

作为一个受托人,我承诺不关注股价。我不会用那些“因为股价下降了,所以只能支付我过去一半的时间了”。有一个在销售和商业发展领域都有经验的人去帮助提供信息给潜在的合作伙伴,这个重要性怎么说都不过分。很多潜在的合作伙伴并没有时间去读白皮书或者检查论坛。

It is because of everything stated in this platform that I ask for your support. Please vote for delegate.verbaltech.  Thank you!
所以我请求你的支持。请给delegate.verbaltech  投票,谢谢。
---

You know me here on the forums as Thom https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21490, and I'll be handling the technical side of gentso's delegate. My business plan is to support gentso in his efforts to sell the advantages of the BitShares platform to as many organizations as possible, so we all benefit.
我是论坛上的Thom,我会负责技术方面的支持,我的商业计划是协助Gentso去让更多的机构接受比特股,让我们都受益。

I've known gentso from my earliest posts here on the forum, and recently he reached out to ask my help with the technical issues of running a delegate node. I have over 3 decades of software development experience in a wide variety of fields, and am very comfortable with most operating systems, be they Mac, Windows or *nix (linux/unix). My focus will be on the reliability of the delegate node, which involves decisions about which VPS to use, where in the world it's located, a backup VPS, and monitoring so that in the event of a failure for whatever reason the backup can be activated to keep block production optimal.

我在论坛早期的帖子中了解到Gentso,最近他让我帮他运行受托人节点的技术方面的事。我有30年的多个领域的软件开发经验,熟悉大多数操作系统,MAC\WINDOWS\UNIX等。我的关注会在受托人节点的可靠性上。这包括如何选择VPS,放在哪里,备份VPS,监视失效情况等,并及时用备份激活。

Although I've been a software developer in the past, I do not intend on getting back into the thick of software development or providing tools such as svk's most excellent BitSharesBlocks.  However, if I need to adjust some scripts or build a custom linux kernel to optimize reliable and trustworthy block production, I can and will do so. I quite expect though, that such tweaking will not be required or will be relatively minor, but I will do whatever it takes to run a dependable node, including providing timely price feeds.
我过去也是个程序员,我不会像聚合网作者那样开发软件了,不过如果让我修改一些脚本或者定制Linux内核去优化区块生成的可靠性的话,我照样能做。反正我会尽量让这个节点运行的可靠,而且及时发布喂价。

You may have heard that I'm writing a book, The Coming BitShares Revolution. I will soon be posting details in the forum about my plan to promote the book. I mention this as a way of introducing my technical skills and personal perspective -  which I write about in the Preface to the book. Until I'm ready to post those details, you may read the preview at this URL: http://www.thecomingbitsharesrevolution.website/media/tcbrPreview1.pdf
你们可能也听说我在写一本书,“正在到来的比特股变革”,我会很快将详细情况以及我对这本书的推广计划放在论坛上。我提到这个主要是介绍我的技术能力和个人观点,我在这本书的前言里就提到过。直到我可以发表这些细节之前,你可能想在这个链接里看看预览。

I strongly believe gentso and I will make a great team and so I encourage you to vote for delegate.verbaltech to support gentso's sales efforts but also to support a well managed delegate node by a dedicated and competent software professional.
我很强烈地相信Gentso和我会成为一个很好的团队,所以我鼓励你给 delegate.verbaltech  投票去支持Gentso的销售努力,也是支持由专注和有能力的软件开发者去维护的一个受托人节点。

Big thank you to btswildpig and the team at BTServiceGroup show them support market.cn.group101
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 08:24:43 pm by Gentso1 »