Author Topic: DVS Light Wallet for Mac Open Beta  (Read 33002 times)

Offline modprobe

OK, glad to hear the functionality is all there, it's just not presenting it correctly. Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce the issue of failing to proceed after import, but I'll be seriously reworking that entire UX in the future anyways, so that'll probably render any current bugs defunct anyways.

And yes, that's the unfortunate hazard of doing your own builds. Gotta keep all the different dependencies in sync as well.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
arhag: Needing to restart the client after restoring is a known issue in previous versions, but I haven't seen it in the latest version. Is your build up-to-date? Same with missing transactions in the history; that should not be happening anymore. In particular, try dragging down the history view to refresh it, and let me know if that pulls in the missing transactions.

I just pulled the latest updates (latest commit b0f66c9f77c569c10a96c15780d0b70504b04e57) and compiled again.

At first the client didn't load, because of this error:
Code: [Select]
QQmlApplicationEngine failed to load component
qrc:/qml/main.qml:353 Type BackupLayout unavailable
qrc:/qml/BackupLayout.qml:10 Cannot assign to non-existent property "onShowingChanged"
But I fixed that after I realized I had to rebuild/reinstall qml-material with all the updated changes. (I guess I will need to make a habit of checking that repository for any updates anytime I want to build a new latest version of LightWallet.)

Then, the client launched and I attempted recovering my account. Again, when I pressed Import Account nothing happened in the GUI, but I did get the following output in the terminal:
qml: PRESSED
2187674ms Wallet Im  json_connection.cpp:70        handle_message       ] recv: {"id":4,"result":{"id":473,"name":"arhag-light","public_data":null,"owner_key":"DVS8EyLcift3nU7zL73WhsGP3wd71p3GcbipDJ5kZw2yjaHAs4wiE","active_key_history":[["2015-02-01T03:48:50","DVS6AryKFGdYZRJmmT2HaSZcRcuv1Q6VvQjbWgfnGodWrUqriM8Uz"]],"registration_date":"2015-02-01T03:48:50","last_update":"2015-02-01T03:48:50","delegate_info":null,"meta_data":{"type":"public_account","data":""}}}
2188380ms Wallet Im  json_connection.cpp:70        handle_message       ] recv: {"id":5,"result":[[["DVS4DKUuFfL6dJfQ4kWhdayv11JHZ11MxVgy",{"condition":{"asset_id":0,"slate_id":0,"type":"withdraw_signature_type","data":{"owner":"DVSEmd5PghKWEGjnzSYQWvK4JNWwb8yHNo19","memo":null}},"balance":0,"restricted_owner":null,"snapshot_info":null,"deposit_date":"2015-02-01T06:36:00","last_update":"2015-02-01T06:38:50","meta_data":null}],["DVS6BCwPfrY1RmYQzP9CSNE6XJSGcZE9sq8G",{"condition":{"asset_id":0,"slate_id":11577634710984274078,"type":"withdraw_signature_type","data":{"owner":"DVSEmd5PghKWEGjnzSYQWvK4JNWwb8yHNo19","memo":{"one_time_key":"DVS8BE2mN2rsGgoaV1dgkPhwdYSi266kcKSUtUtQ3k5TQkUmsZapU","encrypted_memo_data":"cd8a8267d1f13a55eab3db9c0d41eecb07462d520dcac263fcb1e7b2a63429d5698b75e74228ebdc6857418e121c66fd5e4393350bb76bbb0ab205b789710acd"}}},"balance":0,"restricted_owner":null,"snapshot_info":null,"deposit_date":"2015-02-03T01:19:00","last_update":"2015-02-03T01:20:10","meta_data":null}],["DVSJNFNSppKT5EVUxZtVW5i2TWtxKsjziTC8",{"condition":{"asset_id":0,"slate_id":11577634710984274078,"type":"withdraw_signature_type","data":{"owner":"DVSEmd5PghKWEGjnzSYQWvK4JNWwb8yHNo19","memo":{"one_time_key":"DVS6kPMvYAjTFow5gAuD3rzF72iPEg1MV3NtK34g7DhVzhGgMwAFW","encrypted_memo_data":"4eaa40f41119d15a2dbdcd9db2605765e8c6919fbe00eb78e2352bd93c9be5dc6014e8c747fc66d006134976464f7422a2b6e7bf62c5e1f15f37c14d38af50d0"}}},"balance":0,"restricted_owner":null,"snapshot_info":null,"deposit_date":"2015-02-03T00:34:10","last_update":"2015-02-03T00:36:50","meta_data":null}]]]}

So I then closed the client and restarted it and like last time it had actually imported the old account despite the GUI problems. After unlocking the client I could appropriately see my 0 DVS balance and this time after refreshing the transaction history it pulled in all of my transactions. So, with the exception of that bug where pressing Import Account does nothing in the GUI (even though it really does import the account in the background), everything seems to be working now.

Offline modprobe

The unfortunate fact is that building a windows installer is significantly more difficult and error-prone than building packages for Linux or Mac (I say this as someone with experience doing all three). Our Windows team is working on it, and I have full confidence they'll have something working for us soon. I'll definitely be letting you all know once they've got something.

The upside is that once the first one is done, all the hard part is out of the way and the rest will simply be swapping out the binary and re-running a script. Future releases will be much faster.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Just posted an updated binary (this change is not in the devshares branch yet) which should fix the junk data in the brain key.

As to the Windows folks, I've contacted the guys who do our normal Windows builds and installers, and they'll be working today on getting an installer working. I make no promises as to when it will be available, but there are now experienced people working on it. :)

Great work! I updated my post in Korean community asking testing. What is the current process about windows version?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline modprobe

Just posted an updated binary (this change is not in the devshares branch yet) which should fix the junk data in the brain key.

As to the Windows folks, I've contacted the guys who do our normal Windows builds and installers, and they'll be working today on getting an installer working. I make no promises as to when it will be available, but there are now experienced people working on it. :)

Offline modprobe

It seems that fc's decryption is adding some binary crap to the end of your brain key. Please try recovering your account using only the actual words, not the junk at the end. And to echo what arhag said, These accounts are now compromised (you've published your brain keys) and should never be used for anything but testing.

arhag: Needing to restart the client after restoring is a known issue in previous versions, but I haven't seen it in the latest version. Is your build up-to-date? Same with missing transactions in the history; that should not be happening anymore. In particular, try dragging down the history view to refresh it, and let me know if that pulls in the missing transactions.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
I created an account with the previous version and wrote down id,pw,recovery pw.
Installed the new version and attempted to import, shows me this error.
"Could not claim registered account AAAA. Is your recovery password correct?"

I think I entered correct one

Recovery key has broken characters
http://www.ddengle.com/files/attach/images/894001/082/948/32893a73f961450a63d171b1a8b054ae.png

Interesting bug. And just to be clear to both cryptfun and clayop (just in case you weren't aware already) those two accounts should be considered compromised now and you shouldn't ever store anything valuable with it.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
delegate-clayop

clout

I can receive UIA but I cannot transfer them because the fee must be in DVS. When I attempt to transfer the UIA even with DVS in the wallet, a message pops up that says I do not have enough DVS to pay the fee.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
Note: Because of the 30000 character limitation on this forum, I have removed the actual terminal output from this post. To see the full post, click on this link.

Hi, arhag. That was not implemented at the time of this beta release, but it is now implemented, albeit a bit buggy in the UX. If you rebuild from the devshares branch, you should get it.

I encountered a few problems with it. First I deleted "~/.config/DevShares" and "~/.local/share/DevShares".

I then ran the LightWallet and clicked on import account. I typed in my account name, recovery password, and new unlocking password. By the way, the recovery password field should be hidden by default just like the unlocking password field. After pressing "Import Account" nothing happened. However, I did see that the wallet created "~/.local/share/DevShares" and "~/.config/DevShares". Furthermore, looking at the contents of "~/.config/DevShares/BitShares DVS Light Wallet.conf" I can see that it recorded the arhag-light account with the encrypted private key.

I was running this in gdb by the way. Here is the output in the terminal during this process:
(see link provided for full output)

The Qt client wasn't doing anything when I pressed "Import Account" however the GUI was responsive. Pressing the button repeated messages like the following in the terminal:
and the command line wasn't responding so I pressed control-C which brought me back to the gdb prompt (and froze the Qt GUI). I then ran backtrace and got:
^C
Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x00007ffff52aacbd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
81 ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S: No such file or directory.
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007ffff52aacbd in poll () at ../sysdeps/unix/syscall-template.S:81
#1  0x00007ffff40bafe4 in ?? () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#2  0x00007ffff40bb0ec in g_main_context_iteration () from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libglib-2.0.so.0
#3  0x00007ffff64fa554 in QEventDispatcherGlib::processEvents(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) ()
   from /opt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5
#4  0x00007ffff649deab in QEventLoop::exec(QFlags<QEventLoop::ProcessEventsFlag>) ()
   from /opt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5
#5  0x00007ffff64a2dc5 in QCoreApplication::exec() () from /opt/Qt5.4.0/5.4/gcc_64/lib/libQt5Core.so.5
#6  0x000000000050e931 in main (argc=1, argv=<optimized out>)
    at /home/arhag/dev/bitshares/programs/light_wallet/main.cpp:53

Finally, I gave up and quit the program. I then ran it again, and this time it didn't show the new user screen but the screen that allowed me to unlock the existing user. After unlocking with my password I got a lot of terminal output similar to last time but it kept adding more. For that reason I was unable to copy all of it from the beginning (it scrolled up past my terminal history limit), but here is a portion of it:

Also, the GUI was simply a blank screen that said I haven't backed up my wallet yet, except the GUI was completely unresponsive (there are no "qml: Pressed events" logged in the terminal).

I closed the program and ran it again. This time things went better. Here is the terminal output:

This time it showed the screen with my balance (0 DVS) properly. Also, the transaction history page only showed the second to last transaction I made of 20 DVS from arhag to arhag-light (which is confirmed in the terminal output). None of my other transactions show up in the GUI. Here is a small portion of the terminal output while I am viewing the transaction history screen:
I haven't studied it carefully, but it appears to me that some of the other amounts I transferred are included in that output. So I am not sure why the GUI is only showing one of my transactions.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:11:50 am by arhag »

Offline cryptfun

• View Profile
I created an account with the previous version and wrote down id,pw,recovery pw.
Installed the new version and attempted to import, shows me this error.
"Could not claim registered account AAAA. Is your recovery password correct?"

I think I entered correct one
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 06:15:13 am by cryptfun »

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
Cool. I will let Korean community know and ask testing with DVS giveaway.
delegate-clayop

Offline modprobe

I've just added a new OSX binary to the OP. Feel free to grab and test it. It will require you to reload your account from backup, so be prepared to test that for me too! ;)

Offline modprobe

As a matter of fact, I've redone the persistence framework, so you'll either have to regenerate from your brain key, or manually copy the data to the new storage, after upgrading to the version. I have yet to write the data portability code, sorry about that.

So note to all: make sure you've got a copy of your brain key before upgrading, if you want to build your own. I'll make an update utility if people need it, but for now it should be a simple matter of reloading the account from backup.

Offline modprobe

Hi, arhag. That was not implemented at the time of this beta release, but it is now implemented, albeit a bit buggy in the UX. If you rebuild from the devshares branch, you should get it.