Author Topic: I'm Nervous, Please Reassure Me  (Read 7242 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Re: I'm Nervous, Please Reassure Me
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 11:40:00 pm »
I'm excited about NOTE snapshot being made liquid exclusively on BTS.

What? How does that work? Details please.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 11:51:42 pm »

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bobmaloney

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 12:00:18 am »

The NOTEs will be a UIA issued to the snapshot addresses. How else could it work?

Is this for the interim before the MUSIC blockchain is launched?
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 12:03:26 am »

My point is what happens to the BitShares Music blockchain. Do its features get integrated into the BTS blockchain? Is the NOTE UIA on BTS temporary until the BitShares Music blockchain is ready and takes a snapshot of it? If BitShares Music remains a separate blockchain but uses NOTE as its core stake which is in the BTS blockchain, how does that connection work? More importantly what happens to NoteUSD in that case?

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2015, 12:07:05 am »
If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2015, 12:12:09 am »
If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

Okay... That's nice I suppose : /

For a moment I was getting really excited about the possibility of a child DAC.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2015, 12:24:26 am »
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2015, 12:26:14 am »

"Child dac" is an option for "whatever smart contract stuff"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2015, 12:28:47 am »
We need usable tools, and some to succeed in real world with bitAssets. This kind of news attract many people.

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2015, 12:32:05 am »
If people new what marketing initiatives were valued by leadership maybe more would get done

Marketing initiatives are TOTALLY valued by the core developers.
(Note that I did not say "leadership" since marketing is growing its own leaders.)

We have great confidence in the people working there.

It has allowed us to focus on other things for which we are, frankly, less incompetent.

If we were micro-managing marketing, that would be an expression of no confidence.

It should be obvious that just the opposite is true.

Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:37 am »

Bitassets need to be useable across chain. Or music and play may create its own.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2015, 12:40:50 am »
Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).
Also Rune's bizdev efforts with creating Cryptohedge.

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2015, 12:57:46 am »

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.

Awesome... I think we can all agree that we have sufficiently helped teenagecheese through his nervousness. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2015, 01:06:11 am »

The thing to realize is to not look at your investment as an even proposition.  If it works out youll be paid far more than double the current price. The odds can still be against BTS's success but still be a very sound investment....
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2015, 01:07:57 am »

Marketing has a strong beachhead and a clear way to grow into an AWESOME force with a multi-million dollar budget. 
Engineering has given them the tools and stepped out of the way.

Marketing's current crop of leaders have the ability to market internally to the community to get more paid slots and to grow the value of those slots. 

In that sense, they are in the same position as the engineering "department".
(Except that they are marketers and ought to be able to out-compete engineering for support.)

Marketing shouldn't want or expect engineering to be growing the marketing department.

That way leads to the dark side. 

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.