Author Topic: I'm Nervous, Please Reassure Me  (Read 13875 times)

Offline ak

• View Profile
Please tell me I'm wrong about all this so I don't have to sell my bitshares and give up on what seem like such an amazing concept.

I haven't heard much about marketing recently, what is the new team doing? Did Adam stop doing his "quick updates form Adam?" I suspect he is no longer working for bitshares as much, or maybe not at all. Please tell me I am wrong.

My apologies for not reporting into the forums a bit sooner. I just posted another quick update.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
"Not only will this make you treat each moment more preciously, but you will be more patient with yourself and with others, recognizing that there are millions of moments on the path to any worthwhile achievement." - Menachem Mendel Schneerson

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Just want to say this , no matter you have good news or bad news , don't base your investment purely on news .  Buy when the time fits , sell when the time fits .  :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
Sometimes  I also have a little anxiety, but most of time I am full of confidence .
look at what we have achieved now , DPOS , TITAN and peg. each are great thing.  why the price is drop ,I think many people does`t  know  bts,  you can image what the price would is after many people know it .
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Mining bitUSD isn't gonna make a big difference I think. Most large miners instantly sell their blocks OTC for fiat already, or send them to an exchange account that automatically insta-dumps. Minebitshares only makes sense for people who are actual bitshares supporters. The thing we need to market is the light wallet with shapeshift. That's really the most important thing because it has the possibility to disrupt all bitcoin spending wallets and it's finally a product that can actually be sold on its own merit rather than visions and promises.

I second this.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Marketing shouldn't want or expect engineering to be growing the marketing department.

Marketing simply wants engineering to deliver soon on needed features (UX/Lite Wallet/Stable release).  Then they'll be really happy with engineering. :)

I will point out that the work engineering has been doing for the past six months is because marketing (wisely) wouldn't let us get away with launching a campaign before the product was ready for prime time.

Since that day, engineering has been slaving away to meet marketing's high standards.

Cursed marketeers.  Nasty things.  Make you late for dinner.   

:)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
"Nice" isn't exactly the word I would have used.
(I'll avoid hyperbole, lest I be accused of hyperbole.)

But this is what I was hoping for.
Regardless of whether Music winds up spinning off its own chain eventually.

They are contributing to our volume now.
They are contributing to our network effect now.
They are contributing to our user base now.
They are contributing to our marketing hype now.

And they are getting similar benefits from us.

Synergy.
Strength greater than the sum of its parts.
That's very nice! 

Sure, but coming from the high of thinking Music will be using BitUSD for the long-term to thinking it might just be a way to get Notes trading until their blockchain is ready left me underwhelmed. I am however happy to know that the option of Music using BitUSD (whether it is through a child DAC mechanism similar to what I proposed, or simply Turing complete scripts on the BitShares blockchain, or some other mechanism) for the long-term is on the table.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
How about an invitation from engineering for marketers to join forces. Say hey, get a delegate to make videos of the team, or to write white papers, or both,  and come to Blacksburg so we can make real candid documentation and collaborate on some excellent shit

If such an invitation is necessary, consider it made.
We have such interactions with marketing every week.
I have personally offered to make videos to marketing specs.
And will buy a beer for any marketing delegate who shows up in Virginia.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
If it's its own blockchain, there will be a snapshot from NOTE UIA to the real NOTEs after the NOTE UIA is frozen. If it doesn't have its own blockchain, we'll be building whatever smart contract stuff they need into BTS directly. That is still not decided and it's not that important in the short term, this just lets people trade the snapshot.

Okay... That's nice I suppose : /

For a moment I was getting really excited about the possibility of a child DAC.

"Nice" isn't exactly the word I would have used.
(I'll avoid hyperbole, lest I be accused of hyperbole.)

But this is what I was hoping for.
Regardless of whether Music winds up spinning off its own chain eventually.

They are contributing to our volume now.
They are contributing to our network effect now.
They are contributing to our user base now.
They are contributing to our marketing hype now.

And they are getting similar benefits from us.

Synergy.
Strength greater than the sum of its parts.
That's very nice! 

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
How about an invitation from engineering for marketers to join forces. Say hey, get a delegate to make videos of the team, or to write white papers, or both,  and come to Blacksburg so we can make real candid documentation and collaborate on some excellent shit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Marketing shouldn't want or expect engineering to be growing the marketing department.

Marketing simply wants engineering to deliver soon on needed features (UX/Lite Wallet/Stable release).  Then they'll be really happy with engineering. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).
Also Rune's bizdev efforts with creating Cryptohedge.

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.

Marketing has a strong beachhead and a clear way to grow into an AWESOME force with a multi-million dollar budget. 
Engineering has given them the tools and stepped out of the way.

Marketing's current crop of leaders have the ability to market internally to the community to get more paid slots and to grow the value of those slots. 

In that sense, they are in the same position as the engineering "department".
(Except that they are marketers and ought to be able to out-compete engineering for support.)

That way leads to the dark side. 

Offline gamey

• View Profile

The thing to realize is to not look at your investment as an even proposition.  If it works out youll be paid far more than double the current price. The odds can still be against BTS's success but still be a very sound investment....
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Who are the leaders growing in marketing?  On null street I have only seen a great wax and wane.  How about some transparency from Adam Earnest &, Lance Kasper?  They are the only marketing guys getting paid that I am aware of.  All other marketing guys volunteering time and are funneling funds back into the ecosystem but are not paid to pocket a cent.

Rgcrypto, matt608, hpenvy (got us going on many contacts, including shapeshift I think), MethodX (though he has scaled back and is using his funds to support the others efforts).

There is work starting on funds for a professional quality video to explain bitshares/bitassets that we can point people to.

The people who have delegates are basically volunteering time and using the delegate funds to buy ads.  They havent had much time to accumulate funds yet, and some of the projects require a stable release version before they can launch.

Awesome... I think we can all agree that we have sufficiently helped teenagecheese through his nervousness. :)  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads