Author Topic: Developer delegate: dev-pc.bitcube  (Read 26566 times)

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline vikram

Offline pc

• View Profile
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline pc

• View Profile

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
YES sir! Welcome on board!
Glückwunsch… :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Didn't realise dev-pc is in!

Congratulations pc.  Your hard work is bearing fruits.  Thanks to all who support Delegate dev-pc.

I will get the price feed up.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline pc

• View Profile
Welcome on board!

Yay, I hadn't even noticed! Thank you very much everybody!

Please update price feeds.

I'll ping cube.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Welcome on board!
Please update price feeds.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I think pc is a good dev but as devs we all have to understand we wont get market rates for fulltime work and we arent depending on the pay to put food on the tsble its on the side as extra pay... The incentive is to hold and reap benefits later when delegate pays are reduced and price is higher.. If dev is selling all his pay now then that is the wrong mindset in my mind to have at this point as the incentive right now is to hold to create a snowballeffect.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
With the current prices, is there even any point to hire somebody at an hourly rate? I see he is trying for the $5k bounty which makes sense - maybe its better for now that the delegate remains out.

A fixed-price project (like one with a bounty) usually comes with a higher price than a project paid with an hourly rate, because the developer carries the risk of miscalculation. So you get more dev power for an hourly rate.

At the current BTS price I'll happily take on bounty projects in addition to my delegate. However, there have been very few bounties offered in recent months, so it doesn't really make sense to maintain knowledge of the codebase for bounty projects alone. Again, a delegate job with regular pay makes more sense here, even if the payment is low at this time.

+5% 2nd that!

Offline pc

• View Profile
With the current prices, is there even any point to hire somebody at an hourly rate? I see he is trying for the $5k bounty which makes sense - maybe its better for now that the delegate remains out.

A fixed-price project (like one with a bounty) usually comes with a higher price than a project paid with an hourly rate, because the developer carries the risk of miscalculation. So you get more dev power for an hourly rate.

At the current BTS price I'll happily take on bounty projects in addition to my delegate. However, there have been very few bounties offered in recent months, so it doesn't really make sense to maintain knowledge of the codebase for bounty projects alone. Again, a delegate job with regular pay makes more sense here, even if the payment is low at this time.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

You misunderstand, I said its better if he looks for bounties and similar now. For delegate he is going to work on an hourly basis which would be hardly anything at current prices.

If you watch closely the amount and quality of work in github produced by dev-pc, you would realise that this is not true.  As an experienced and committed developer, he has been producing result at a much below-market price (he is flexible at that).  And at the current price, bts can afford part-time developers quite comfortably.  It is a matter of seeking out the right people to work for you.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

sumantso

We should all vote pc in even if he is taking on that bounty because we want him to have inventive to keep working on other bugs / tasks after he completes it. experienced devs who know the code base already are highly valuable for bitshares.

You misunderstand, I said its better if he looks for bounties and similar now. For delegate he is going to work on an hourly basis which would be hardly anything at current prices.