Author Topic: A Better Solution for Greece - Crypto Drachma  (Read 4751 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I think they will look for help from Russia,China & Brics "Bank".

The other way is to break out of EU and have its own currency.  The BRICs and the US could be potential lenders. The first few years would be tough. But I think Greece has a good chance to stand up tall again.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Crypto adoption for ordinary citizens is going to take years if not decades for mass adoption.  Citizens instead should be forcing their own governments to use a public ledger for government expenditures.  Only then can we analyze the waste and demand actions be taken.  We need to lite the fire under the people we elect, not the other way around.

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
bitasses have so little liquidity that it is not possible to be consider by Greece with that huge amount of volume.
We need some very smooth tool and then good marketing. and We need to aim to solve one big use-case firstly, I think.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Galt just said so much with one sentence...

If Russia and China are smart they will overtly provide minimal financial support but discreetly provide much more. Nothing would look worse for the Euro than if Greece defaulted and then seemed to rapidly recover, with rapid growth, employment and prosperity.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline fuzzy

The only solution is to stop selling BTS so cheaply..Pump the hell out of it, let's go back to +$5mil trading daily volume constantly, get a market cap of +$100 mil and then and only then bitasset adoption will prevail. If we were in a situation like this I would exchange all my euro deposits to bit assets straight away to protect my self from a Grexit and many others would do the same.  We had a pump for 1 week and that was it...I never thought I would say this but currently ripple inspires more confidence than BTS...That is just sad...

That isnt sad really. They created a group of insiders and an incentive for all current insiders to join them...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Galt just said so much with one sentence...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The only solution is to stop selling BTS so cheaply..Pump the hell out of it, let's go back to +$5mil trading daily volume constantly, get a market cap of +$100 mil and then and only then bitasset adoption will prevail. If we were in a situation like this I would exchange all my euro deposits to bit assets straight away to protect my self from a Grexit and many others would do the same.  We had a pump for 1 week and that was it...I never thought I would say this but currently ripple inspires more confidence than BTS...That is just sad... 

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I believe that if BTS was in the +$200 mil market cap area many Greeks would convert their Euro to biteuro now without much hesitation. I know I would definitely have done it. But at BTS market cap $25 mil and keep falling I don't know if it is more risky to keep the euros in our bank account with the hope not to return in drachma or place them in a such an illiquid market when if a couple of whales decide to dump you end up with nothing...
This quote catches my attention...people will judge the security behind bitAssets, and their willingness to use them, by their confidence in BTS as its collateral. The strength that we perceive in the tight collateral rules (e.g. 3x reserving etc) is only a secondary consideration for many people once they get over this hurdle. It's a bit of a catch-22 though, if we expect bitAsset adoption to spur confidence in BTS. Solution?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I believe that if BTS was in the +$200 mil market cap area many Greeks would convert their Euro to biteuro now without much hesitation. I know I would definitely have done it. But at BTS market cap $25 mil and keep falling I don't know if it is more risky to keep the euros in our bank account with the hope not to return in drachma or place them in a such an illiquid market when if a couple of whales decide to dump you end up with nothing...

It is very unfortunate that BTS took so much time to lunch and is still following bitcoin's price movements. Maybe in a couple of years this will not be the case but until then many countries will be f...ed already so it may be pointless anyway. The world needs BTS and bitassets now and the rest of the world doesn't even know it yet..

Yeah I'm more excited about BTC over this whole Greece situation, which in turn will hopefully lift BTS too.

Unfortunately Vote, Dilution and merger really cost us a lot of value, time, network effect & loads of cash. So we're not in a position to benefit directly from the Greece situation yet imo.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

It is very unfortunate that BTS took so much time to lunch and is still following bitcoin's price movements. Maybe in a couple of years this will not be the case but until then many countries will be f...ed already so it may be pointless anyway. The world needs BTS and bitassets now and the rest of the world doesn't even know it yet..

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I dont think that launching the old currency as a cryptocurrency will do anything to help.
Conversion to bitGold would be a cool solution however it would be more complicated than converting to bitEuro.
It would be great publicity if people in Greece start converting their Euro to bitEuro.

You're right... a country adopting a crypto standard would be a tipping point event for the entire crypto industry.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I dont think that launching the old currency as a cryptocurrency will do anything to help.
Conversion to bitGold would be a cool solution however it would be more complicated than converting to bitEuro.
It would be great publicity if people in Greece start converting their Euro to bitEuro.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
the all situation will pressure euro price further...  so bitGOLD is the answer and not bitEURO for Greece  ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I disagree..ECB QE and Grexit is already priced in. USD strength has negatively affected US exports. Eur will soon strengthen against usd. When all the banks and economist expect a eur-usd parity, this is when things reverse and go back to normal...Usually what happens is the exactly opposite of what GS says. Greeks will need to have some euros to spend and not gold..

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
the all situation will pressure euro price further...  so bitGOLD is the answer and not bitEURO for Greece  ;)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
The only thing that Greek people need right now is Bitshares to be known to the Greek people so they can exchange all their euro deposits to biteuro and protect themselves from a Grexit. Unfortunately as far as I know we are only a couple of Greeks involved with bitshares and we are very bullish in BTS to exchange them for biteuro now. There is no biteur demand and liquidity and this creates uncertainty about holding biteur. Whenever I talked to Greek bitcoiners about bitshares in bitcointalk, the response was "we only believe in bitcoin and nothing else".

There is a huge opportunity now to let Greek people know about their alternatives by holding biteur. Increased demand for biteur will send bitshares to the moon. There are a lot of wealthy people concerned now about the future of their euro deposits.

I don't think that there will be a Grexit now..But sooner or later it will happen and I estimate this to happen during the summer period. Marketing people who know well how to sell bitassets and BTS should take action now! I am doing my best to let my fellow citizens about alternatives but it is not easy to sell a bitasset with no liquidity and no one wants to keep bitusd and having euro/usd fx exposure..