Author Topic: What happened to bitshares.org?  (Read 2261 times)

Offline yellowecho

hey ok .. yes will guess this will caused to Google Roboto font... i'll try to include all font and scripts files local..
Maybe this will solve your speed issue ... let me check this later on ! Thx for reporting!
c

That makes sense.  Good idea to include the fonts locally.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Thanks for all your replies. I'm in China, maybe a GFW issue?

Any chinese confirm this?

If it's indeed a GFW issue, maybe designer should consider to solve this. Because in China it's a REAL problem.

hey ok .. yes will guess this will caused to Google Roboto font... i'll try to include all font and scripts files local..
Maybe this will solve your speed issue ... let me check this later on ! Thx for reporting!
c

Thank you Cass.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

If it's indeed a GFW issue, maybe designer should consider to solve this. Because in China it's a REAL problem.

c
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

I have a friend in Beijing. I was just talking to her on Facetime and asked her to open bitshares.org and it opened for her immediately.

Yes, I can open now. It's not stable.

Also I can't open bitsharestalk.org for quite several times today. But I can open bitsharestalk.org using vpn service.

I don't care about the bitsharestalk.org, I care about bitshares.org.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Switch to Nginx and put the server behind Cloudflare.

Offline onceuponatime

I have a friend in Beijing. I was just talking to her on Facetime and asked her to open bitshares.org and it opened for her immediately.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Maybe the cdn it uses has no nodes in china?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline yellowecho

Page loads fast for me too.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bitAndy

• View Profile
I've just went onto bitshares.org. Loads right away and I only have 1-2 MB broadband. Maybe others are having the same problem as you though...

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
I just opened the sight and it took about 4 seconds to load. Once open I navigated quickly and easily. Not sure why you are having a problem.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Just as all you know, our new official website is alive for quite a few days. That's good.

But,
1. It is really really slowly loaded, to be specific it takes about as long as one minute to open. Considering the few available contents of the website atm, also by comparison to the good accessability of other bitcoin2.0 projects websites, i.e. NXT, ripple, XCP, I feel very upset;

2. What's even worse, right now, I can't open org at all.

I feel it's necessary to feedback this, because outsiders's impression be made by official site will impact their judgement of the project itself. I‘m sorry if this annoys ppl working on the website, I don't mean to criticize anyone.