Author Topic: Bug with 0.5.3?  (Read 1906 times)

Offline fuzzy

Maybe you have logging enabled in the bitshares config .. just rename the config.json file in %appdata%/... and let the client create a new one

Could this cause it to eat up so many GB of storage?
oh yes .. the P2P logs can grow quickly

This is a bug if logs are causing this.

Fuzzy please scan your hard drive with one of those programs that tells you the disk usage breakdown of what is using all the space.

Xeroc was on point man.  Thank you...

Does that mean it was the BTS log files? If so what operating system and client version are you using?

Windows 8 and it was the 0.5.3 client.  Don't worry, its not the latest release ;)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline vikram

Maybe you have logging enabled in the bitshares config .. just rename the config.json file in %appdata%/... and let the client create a new one

Fuzzy please scan your hard drive with one of those programs that tells you the disk usage breakdown of what is using all the space.

Does that mean it was the BTS log files? If so what operating system and client version are you using?

Offline fuzzy

Offline vikram

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fuzzy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fuzzy

I am wondering if anyone knows of a bug with the 0.5.3 client that would cause the harddrive to continue filling up even when the client is not running. 

I am not talking about normal downloading of the blockchain either.  Something seems to be consistently taking more and more storage space.  I have deleted probably 50gb+ worth of content from my harddrive and it was filled up again within a day and a half.  It is also causing some pretty big problems with Audacity (as in losing entire hangouts).  This might be Audacity too...or even a virus, but I have to first ask about the bitshares client because that is the only program I use that can be expected to still be heavily buggy. 

Thanks for any information/advice.