Author Topic: PTS client routinely loses interest in updating blockchain  (Read 4342 times)

Offline zvs

• View Profile
Re: PTS client routinely loses interest in updating blockchain
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 06:41:40 pm »
I'm now on day 3 of trying to get this client to Sync. Really don't like leaving money on Cryptsy and have to say, this isn't going to have a good effect on newcomers when the wallet not syncing has been a major issue since launch.

Now that the price has jumped to around $20 per share hopefully a functional wallet will be doable.

I've gone through and added every node listed in the sticked section, tried on different computers, disabled my firewall, forwarded ports, turned on UPNP to the Router. Nothing. Has me concerned.

Was about to install a portable Ubuntu but then saw all the threads where they were having the problem on there and Mac OS too.

maxconnections=1
listen=0
connect=5.9.24.81
Pls to join Primedice 3 and frolic about merrily whilst gambling awe-inspiring quantities of bitcoins. The power of Christ compels you.

I have a dogecoin p2pool at Nogleg.

Offline latitudeclear

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 10:37:36 am »
I'm now on day 3 of trying to get this client to Sync. Really don't like leaving money on Cryptsy and have to say, this isn't going to have a good effect on newcomers when the wallet not syncing has been a major issue since launch.

Now that the price has jumped to around $20 per share hopefully a functional wallet will be doable.

I've gone through and added every node listed in the sticked section, tried on different computers, disabled my firewall, forwarded ports, turned on UPNP to the Router. Nothing. Has me concerned.

Was about to install a portable Ubuntu but then saw all the threads where they were having the problem on there and Mac OS too.

Offline TheLostViking

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 08:19:49 pm »
This is a bug in current client, it will be fixed in next update. Right now, close the client and reopen it is the solution.

sry about this.

I just wanted to comment on bugs in the current client.  PTS was supposed to be a minimal change to Bitcoin-Qt that wouldn't require a ton of maintenance for these kinds of bugs.  I know it is a bit inconvenient but we are relying on volunteers to get the wallet patched.   PTS works well enough for its primary purpose of speculating on future BitShares value.... eventually we will have a new wallet.  So long as there are simple work-arounds we prioritize delivering BitShares over perfecting PTS.

How are people supposed to even get their Bitshares if they cant get their Protoshare client to sync to blockchain!?

Offline wsjtc888

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 03:29:29 pm »
 :(i stop at 15128 for 2 days,i dont konw whats the problem.

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 02:49:30 pm »
Close and reopen forces the client to update latest blocks.
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline r05

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 12:16:54 pm »
This is a bug in current client, it will be fixed in next update. Right now, close the client and reopen it is the solution.

sry about this.
This is not a solution that works.

Here are some additional nodes:
125.104.78.21:3888
94.174.82.246:3888
118.119.191.83:3888
218.59.222.73:3888
This is!
If I have helped you, please consider buying me a beer:
PTS: PZ6ZED8q1i7nQqnZiwFHdgLMELi3sgpnzL
BTC: 1CPF64k1AraWAUiDSh2QthRhbtJJznzRtw

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2013, 09:15:00 am »

sry about this.

I just wanted to comment on bugs in the current client.  PTS was supposed to be a minimal change to Bitcoin-Qt that wouldn't require a ton of maintenance for these kinds of bugs.  I know it is a bit inconvenient but we are relying on volunteers to get the wallet patched.   PTS works well enough for its primary purpose of speculating on future BitShares value.... eventually we will have a new wallet.  So long as there are simple work-arounds we prioritize delivering BitShares over perfecting PTS.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 12:31:33 am »

sry about this.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline lbx_cn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 11:44:43 pm »
Here are some additional nodes:
125.104.78.21:3888
94.174.82.246:3888
118.119.191.83:3888
218.59.222.73:3888
我的已经连接上了。

Offline lbx_cn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 11:32:24 pm »
me too

Offline wany_hope

• View Profile
PTS client routinely loses interest in updating blockchain
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:22 pm »
Hello

I've installed protoshares-qt (from protoshares-0.2.0.zip, "About" shows "ProtoShares version v0.8.5.0-unk-beta") at 29 November and it run since then pretty much constantly (I started mining in the same time - not with built-in miner since it is slow - so PC had to be on all the time).
After short initial trouble with establishing source of blockchain it loaded and worked smoothly showing constant ~8 connections to the network.
The problem is I started to notice that although pool announced payouts in regular intervals and looking at transactions online showed those payouts, only first one showed in the client. I exited the client and immediately run it again and it showed I'm 24hours behind the network (despite it showing all up to date and running a moment ago).
After that incident I had to restart the QT client many times, otherwise it would fall behind.

In debug.log these events look like this:
 - first there are many
received block 000....
ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
CTxMemPool::accept() : accepted ...
 - and also
received getdata for: tx ...
Commiting ...
SetBestChain ...
 - etc - in other words normal blockchain updates

- but then at some point:
trying connection ...
connected ...
send version message: ...
 - or
connection timeout
 - and these can go on for hours or even days until I restart the client. All this while the tooltip shows I have multiple active connections to the PTS network.

I've looked on various forums and it seems like I'm not the only one with this problem but I haven't found anyone with the solution or even hint to what might be wrong, so I finally decided to join this forum and share the pain