Author Topic: Should we make an official ann thread on bitcointalk?  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Very much needed in my opinion. Maybe wait til the light wallet is out first though.

Maybe get the announcement thread going, so that when the light wallet is out it can be used to announce it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline LRENZ

• View Profile
  • BitShares: enz
Very much needed in my opinion. Maybe wait til the light wallet is out first though.
Revolution is inevitable.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
If no one else is going to do then I will make one. It's ridiculous not having one.

I will be making one for CFSCOIN when we launch the buy&burn bot anyway, so i can help keep them both up, but I think it would be the perfect job for Stan to keep it running with latest info and insights, since he's already doing the puppies and communist posts.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
What's the use of an official thread, when we have an official forum here.

What's the point of having an embassy, when we have an official USA right here?

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
What's the use of an official thread, when we have an official forum here.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
This comment from someone at bitcointalk got me thinking:

main problem with bitshares is : it's too complicated.
it's my own opinion, but i wanted to invest in it few days ago and tried to get more informations.... but i resigned
there isn't an official ann thread here, i couldn't find any clear coin specifications,
i was lost between what is bitshares, bitsharesX, pts, etc. etc..etc.... 
WTF so complicated?  is that coin only for the tech nerds? 
make it simple... or at least keep it complicated for the insiders, but build a simple cover for newcomers that aren't such tech-hardcore
this stuff exist already? cool.... please post the link and i will check again cuz i'm still interested

I feel like it is kind of important to have an official bitcointalk thread of some kind going, with concise info as to the specs, features, etc. Like it or not a lot of people solely get their info from there and refuse to take the time to venture out to other sites (bitsharestalk) for their info. I know, because I used to be this way. Should this be considered?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 03:11:41 pm by nomoreheroes7 »