Author Topic: Difference between "VIRTUAL" and "DETAILS" tag in the wallet entries?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I suppose "details" is in the GUI? No idea.

A virtual transaction is a transaction that does not exist in the blockchain. For example, when the market matches a BID with an ASK, the resulting transfer of assets between the trading parties is put into the database as a virtual transaction. (Because the market operates in a completely deterministic way, every client will handle this BID/ASK match in the same way and create the same virtual transaction for this. Putting this into the actual blockchain would be redundant and only lead to bloat.)
That's my understanding too and matched what I see in my interface

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I suppose "details" is in the GUI? No idea.

A virtual transaction is a transaction that does not exist in the blockchain. For example, when the market matches a BID with an ASK, the resulting transfer of assets between the trading parties is put into the database as a virtual transaction. (Because the market operates in a completely deterministic way, every client will handle this BID/ASK match in the same way and create the same virtual transaction for this. Putting this into the actual blockchain would be redundant and only lead to bloat.)
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

What is the difference between the entries tagged with "VIRTUAL" and "DETAILS" in the wallet?

Brent Allsop