Author Topic: Clarification on Speculation about BTS Selling to Pay Taxes  (Read 1996 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Has had to sell 10m is a pretty direct statement
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
少说多做
全力开发手机钱包、轻钱包,优化用户体验
给我挺住,BM加油啊!

第一次有这种感觉:BM是娱乐圈来的

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
少说多做
全力开发手机钱包、轻钱包,优化用户体验
给我挺住,BM加油啊!

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Since this is open to be discussed, my question is: Has the taxation indeed been paid or not?

lzr1900

bm你怎么总是这样?多少次了?你让我们这群人再怎么相信3I?况且现在这个澄清的作用有多少?伤害已经造成,大部分中国人已经觉得你们是骗子了,唉。

Offline Musewhale

• 丑,实在是太丑了 !
    • View Profile
因为我们有国际级别的会计师事务所的协助,而BM就是该事务所的首席会计师   :P :P :P
MUSE witness:mygoodfriend     vote for me

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Some of our friends outside the US have expressed concerns about possible misunderstandings of a recent off-hand statement made by BM.

The team as a whole owes $100,000 in taxes and has had to sell 10m bts recently.

BM was speculating about what may be the source of some selling over the past month.  Using publicly available info about developer's year end pay and the US tax law, he speculated that there could be as much as $100,000 USD in taxes due if all the developers are going to pay tax in the same way by selling BTS.  He has no insight about how individual developers may be handling this situation and should not have speculated.  A quick survey of several developers has shown us that they do not see the need to sell BTS to meet their tax obligations, some simply because of they have cash or deposits. I personally have not sold, nor do I plan to sell any BTS to pay my taxes. I can also tell you that our company has no need to sell any BTS to pay tax, due to the good tax advice we received from our international accounting firm. BM is not the accountant of the team, he just tried to guess what caused the price drop and came to the wrong conclusion. He shouldn't have done that, and we will try to make sure the kind of speculation won't happen again from our team.

一些美国以外的朋友就BM最近毫不经意地发的帖子表示出忧虑,帖子的内容说团队欠了10万美元的税务和最近卖出了1000万的BTS。
其实,BM只是猜测那些可能导致过去一个月里价格下跌的原因。他使用了一些公开渠道可以得到的、关于美国税务制度的消息,他猜测全部开发者的年终分红需要付大概10万美元的税款,并猜测全部开发者都得卖出BTS去付这些税款。但后来在开发者之中调查到的数据显示,他们并不是必须要卖BTS才能付税款,一些很简单的原因就是因为他们有现金或者存款。我个人并不需要卖、也没有计划卖出任何BTS去付税款。我可以告诉大家我们的公司并不需要卖BTS去缴税,因为我们有国际级别的会计师事务所的协助。BM并不是团队里面的会计,他只是根据自己有限的认知去猜测可能导致最近价格下跌的原因,从而得出了错误的结论。他不应该这样做的,我们以后会尽力确保这样的猜测不会从我们的团队里面再次出现。
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:19:08 am by cn-members »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.