Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 144149 times)

Offline xOR

• View Profile
Re: Keyhotee Status Update
« Reply #435 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:45 am »
Hey Dan, maybe you could update your post on the re-registration to include the bitshares download link instead? The invictus.io link is still down and the mentioned post is the first one found when searching for "Founder IDs need to be re-registered with Keyhotee 0.7.0".
Or alternatively just repair the invictus.io download  ;)
Thanks!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 02:44:44 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline testz

« Reply #437 on: April 21, 2014, 02:33:39 pm »
2) Keyhotee Founders should run this version and create a new profile to re-register a new public key with the Founder Registration server (just create an identity in Keyhotee with the correct KeyhoteeFounder ID and Founder Code). All IDs must be registered with this version, even if they were registered with a previous version of Keyhotee, because the algorithm for computing the public keys changed.
Even I register with 0.7.0?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Reply #438 on: April 21, 2014, 02:44:01 pm »
2) Keyhotee Founders should run this version and create a new profile to re-register a new public key with the Founder Registration server (just create an identity in Keyhotee with the correct KeyhoteeFounder ID and Founder Code). All IDs must be registered with this version, even if they were registered with a previous version of Keyhotee, because the algorithm for computing the public keys changed.
Even I register with 0.7.0?
No, this is just an updated set of links to 0.7 as requested above, sorry for the confusion.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2014, 03:05:59 pm »

Public Notice

Keyhotee Founder IDs will have an expanded role in the genesis block of many Bitshares DACs.

You should register your Keyhotee Founder ID's by the end of April to gain maximum advantage from them.

After that we can't guarantee that the next genesis block to be initialized will include them.

;)

The expanded role will be explained soon,
just wanted to alert you to the need to finish registering using the new version of Keyhotee.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2014, 03:28:54 pm »

Public Notice

Keyhotee Founder IDs will have an expanded role in the genesis block of many Bitshares DACs.

You should register your Keyhotee Founder ID's by the end of April to gain maximum advantage from them.

After that we can't guarantee that the next genesis block to be initialized will include them.

;)

just wanted to alert you to the need to finish registering using the new version of Keyhotee.
only founder Id?
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

bitbro

« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2014, 03:36:01 pm »
Are we going to substitute "keyhotee" for BitShares ID and BitID?  The website alludes to this...  If so, sounds good to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2014, 03:41:31 pm »
DPOS requires that we can register delegates in the blockchain.
Delegates are more easily identified by name than number
Hence we have the ability to register names in every blockchain

Therefore, we will reserve all Keyhotee Founders in the genesis block of every chain.   

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2014, 04:11:19 pm »

Therefore, we will reserve all Keyhotee Founders in the genesis block of every chain.

Translated from here:
Since that Keyhotee founder IDs are more important now,  is there any chance to acquire new founder IDs?
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »

holy moly ... more excitenment...
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2014, 07:29:34 pm »

Translated from here:
Since that Keyhotee founder IDs are more important now,  is there any chance to acquire new founder IDs?

We are not going to start any new funding methods until we have delivered a working product.   We will make a few more announcements regarding how the name system will work and I think it will address your desire to purchase life-time IDs.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:42:25 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2014, 11:30:23 pm »

Public Notice

;)

You're really only giving five days notice?

Is this going to be shared anywhere besides pages deep in an update thread on a forum?

How many founders do you anticipate losing?
Email me at [email protected]

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2014, 11:50:06 pm »
Can I register also a  Keyhotee ID's or is it only for them they participate on Decembers snapshot?
As a new member of bitshares I have lost the snapshot, what can I do to participate now with a Keyhotee ID? And why should new member not have a way to participate? If existing members want also advantages on future dacs via keyhotee? Is there a solution? What to do? You must be carefull because the side effect is that many of us would feel like second category members... Am I missing something? Will we have the oportunity in future to have same advantages?

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #448 on: April 26, 2014, 12:00:06 am »
My understanding is that founders are getting special perks or recognition for contributing funds early so that this project could get off the ground. Without them this project may not have happened.

We all want to go back and be early investors in Google or Microsoft but sadly we can't.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #449 on: April 26, 2014, 12:58:22 am »
Can I register also a  Keyhotee ID's or is it only for them they participate on Decembers snapshot?
As a new member of bitshares I have lost the snapshot, what can I do to participate now with a Keyhotee ID? And why should new member not have a way to participate? If existing members want also advantages on future dacs via keyhotee? Is there a solution? What to do? You must be carefull because the side effect is that many of us would feel like second category members... Am I missing something? Will we have the oportunity in future to have same advantages?

Everybody will have a chance to get a regular ID.  Founders took extra risks by donating to help us get started, so they get special recognition for doing that.  It's sort of like having your name carved in the cornerstone of a building for helping to fund it.

As far as Bitshares goes, PTS is now much cheaper so you can still get a great deal on shares in future DAC snapshots.  Those who got shares in XTS paid more, but they will soon be able to sell them to you in a free market.  So you can still get in on everything one way or another.

But it is always true that new investors take smaller risks and get smaller payoffs than earlier investors.

The good news is that everybody here today will be viewed as a high-payoff early investor when the rest of the world discovers what we have brewing here! 

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.