Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389920 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
can we make this info sticky!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
cool to see everthing is in progress - thx byte for your update and explaining why we have a delay on it... Thumbs up - i like this transparent way of communication
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline testz

Thanks for update.

Offline que23

• View Profile
Thanks, I get an email every time you do something on Github. So I know you've been busy. Wish I was a better coder so I could help. Get some sleep.
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Thanks for your update.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 02:53:23 pm by HackFisher »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline hasher

• View Profile
hello,
i have paid for keyhotee 3 days ago and still didnt got response, something happened?

Offline bytemaster

Update 4/2/2014: Latest Version of Keyhotee Alpha for Windows, Linux, and OSX here
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Windows/2014-04-27_00-00-43/Keyhotee-0.7.100-win32.exe
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/Linux/2014-04-21_15-48-02/Keyhotee.tar.gz
ftp://178.63.85.22/Keyhotee/MacOS/2014-04-05_00-01-42/Keyhotee.dmg
(OSX requires Mountain Lion or later, currently)
Important Notes:
1) Any version of Keyhotee older than this will be incompatible with the mail server (you won't be able to send/receive mail)
2) Keyhotee Founders should run this version and create a new profile to re-register a new public key with the Founder Registration server (just create an identity in Keyhotee with the correct KeyhoteeFounder ID and Founder Code). All IDs must be registered with this version, even if they were registered with a previous version of Keyhotee, because the algorithm for computing the public keys changed.

As promised yesterday, here is my official update on the status of Keyhotee.    I took the day to evaluate the progress of Keyhotee which has been delegated to a new team just a couple of weeks ago while I was busy with other tasks (BitShares, Vegas, etc). 

Here is my conclusion:

1) Basic functionality for email / chat / Keyhotee ID mining is in place.
2) It is buggy as hell right now and I have been filing a ton of tickets for our Poland team to address.
3) Most of the bugs are of the surface level user interface annoyances that can be rapidly fixed / polished.
4) I will not be getting much sleep between now and launch, but a launch is still possible.
5) The launch will be an alpha launch rather than the more polished launch I would have liked.

Functionality that will be available at launch:
1) Create a single identity
2) Mine Keyhotee IDs
3) Basic Email and Text Messaging
4) Currently routed through our central server for testing. 

It will not be ready for anyone but those who signed up to be alpha testers.  We will move forward as rapidly as the development team can do so.

In my opinion we have slipped about one month and the release we will make on Jan 1 will be closer to what I had hoped to deliver on November 17th to Alpha testers. 

Reasons leading to the delay include: 

1) ProtoShares launch, mining frenzy, and mining pool development consumed far more of my time than I had anticipated.
2) I made estimates based upon my development skills as someone familiar with the code prior to delegating to a new team.
3) Our new team has taken some time to get up to speed and familiar with the code.

We will continue to post regular updates in as transparent a manner as possible.  It is our desire to improve upon our estimates for future releases.

For a daily update with detailed progress info about Keyhotee development, you can visit the github repo at the links below:
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/commits
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues?state=open
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues?state=closed
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 06:42:29 pm by dannotestein »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.