Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389816 times)

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Can we get some estimate on when a actual working product will be released? Give us a date you are comfortable with so we won't miss anymore deadlines.

Since I have delegated the work to Dan Notestein and his team in Poland I will ask them to make estimates and get back to you.  I do agree that I would rather under-promise and over-deliver.

Any estimates?   Would be good to get a new, achievable timeframe.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
What's the rush?  Today, next week, early Q1....as long as it's a quality product I see no benefit in having it tomorrow vs next month.  You only get one chance at a first impression and if Keyhotee has teething issues because it was rushed it could adversely compromise the entire project.

I believe I'm preaching to the choir however as delayed release dates vs buggy releases seems to be the direction I3 has chosen.

+1 
quality > speed at the moment.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline Riverhead

What's the rush?  Today, next week, early Q1....as long as it's a quality product I see no benefit in having it tomorrow vs next month.  You only get one chance at a first impression and if Keyhotee has teething issues because it was rushed it could adversely compromise the entire project.

I believe I'm preaching to the choir however as delayed release dates vs buggy releases seems to be the direction I3 has chosen.

lzr1900

January 02 .
where is the keyhotee?No ETA?

Offline earthbound

• View Profile
    • earthbound.io
That's a well-deserved day off :)

Happy New Year!
I think I'm not alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless dominion of our solar system. -Jack Handey

Offline bytemaster

Can we get some estimate on when a actual working product will be released? Give us a date you are comfortable with so we won't miss anymore deadlines.

Since I have delegated the work to Dan Notestein and his team in Poland I will ask them to make estimates and get back to you.  I do agree that I would rather under-promise and over-deliver. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline locustin

• View Profile

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
We have a version of Keyhotee ready that will allow Founders to register their Public Key / ID, but my Windows team is taking the New Year off so we will have to wait until they compile a binary for everyone to use.   This will be a special addition that will not have the rest of the features of mail enabled/supported. 

Taking the New Year off?!?   :o  So we can expect it sometime in 2015?  :P

Offline bytemaster

We have a version of Keyhotee ready that will allow Founders to register their Public Key / ID, but my Windows team is taking the New Year off so we will have to wait until they compile a binary for everyone to use.   This will be a special addition that will not have the rest of the features of mail enabled/supported.

Will the special version have an osx build? I don't like have anything key related done on windows...

Yes, I will build an OS X version.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile

Will the special version have an osx build? I don't like have anything key related done on windows...

Offline bytemaster

Offline wasthatawolf

Happy New Year!

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

I obviously can't speak for everyone but for me I'd rather the delivery a few days late and working than having you guys super stressed out, sleep deprived, and rushed to meet an artificial deadline.

Best of luck on the finishing touches.  Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors  8).

Deadlines help move us along :)   But I agree, if I do not believe it is solid then we would rather people complain about being late than broken.  If we release something broken we waste everyone's time.... if we delay then we save peoples time.  We value your time so would rather not release something that will cause problems.
Yep, best of luck.
We were all rooting for you guys. and look forward to a cool product when it does launch. Happy new year

Offline bytemaster

I obviously can't speak for everyone but for me I'd rather the delivery a few days late and working than having you guys super stressed out, sleep deprived, and rushed to meet an artificial deadline.

Best of luck on the finishing touches.  Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labors  8).

Deadlines help move us along :)   But I agree, if I do not believe it is solid then we would rather people complain about being late than broken.  If we release something broken we waste everyone's time.... if we delay then we save peoples time.  We value your time so would rather not release something that will cause problems.