Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 156979 times)

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
Re: Keyhotee Status Update
« Reply #240 on: February 17, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »
I'm not following every thread, so my question is:
Is there a way to quickly check the status of the own Keyhotee founder ID?
(I mean like an online check which just says "Your ID will be in the genesis block" or "will NOT be..." or "is currently unknown"... something like that)
Yes, launch Keyhotee and go to the contact view info for your identity, if it's registered in the name server, it will show points beside the name, like this:

Note this only happens after the Keyhotee rgistration server is updated from the latest web form submissions, which we manually do every couple of days. Next planned update is Friday night.

Will people be able to buy points for their account with BitShares?
This point display is actually just a temporary one we're using to let people know their KH Founder ID is registered with our name server, so there's no point to buying more at this point. It's unrelated to the reputation system that will be used once the blockchain is launched.

Where those points are it says "Unregistered" on mine. But it still says "Keyhotee Founder" beside it.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
« Reply #241 on: February 17, 2014, 07:48:30 pm »
Where those points are it says "Unregistered" on mine. But it still says "Keyhotee Founder" beside it.
The Keyhotee Founder message is not meaningful in this case, it just means you "mined" your name locally in a temporary blockchain, probably using one of the early betas before identity mining was disabled.

The important thing is the points message, which apparently is not showing properly on your client. On the founder server, I see JustHayden has been registered with a public key like this: 6ked...V6Bb.  Does that match the public key shown in your KH client?

Also, are you using the 0.5.3 alpha client?
If possible, please reply to me via dan at syncad.com to speed my replies.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 18, 2014, 02:05:31 am »
I've been away for awhile, were are we with a reliable OSX client?

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 18, 2014, 03:07:07 am »
My team is not assigned to it, but as I understand it, it's being done as a sub-part of a larger bounty that's supposed to be completed within a week (I believe by Don Schoe et al). Naturally, if anything falls through there (which we're not expecting it to in this case), we would take it on double-quick to get it done.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 18, 2014, 04:17:27 am »
We're currently finishing up a system for allowing two users to exchange a deterministic sequence of public keys (GUI is done, now we're finished up the backend code). This feature will ultimately be used to enhance the privacy of blockchain transactions made between these users.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #245 on: February 18, 2014, 05:05:35 am »
My team is not assigned to it, but as I understand it, it's being done as a sub-part of a larger bounty that's supposed to be completed within a week (I believe by Don Schoe et al). Naturally, if anything falls through there (which we're not expecting it to in this case), we would take it on double-quick to get it done.

This is part of the Jenkins nightly build system which requires that a Mac version of Keyhotee is produced in ready to download and distribute form after almost every commit to github.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 19, 2014, 04:10:21 am »
Today I took a break from writing code in order to analyze the existing code for creating keys inside keyhotee and document it on the wiki, and I found one possible snag in regeneration of the keys generated for exchanges between authorized users (regeneration would be useful in the case of having to recreate a lost profile), but I think I have a reasonable solution to the problem, just waiting for Bytemaster to double-check my idea.

New Keyhotee FounderID submissions continue to trickle in from the web form, and I plan to update the server tomorrow night with the latest submissions.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 19, 2014, 06:31:47 am »
Today I took a break from writing code in order to analyze the existing code for creating keys inside keyhotee and document it on the wiki, and I found one possible snag in regeneration of the keys generated for exchanges between authorized users (regeneration would be useful in the case of having to recreate a lost profile), but I think I have a reasonable solution to the problem, just waiting for Bytemaster to double-check my idea.

New Keyhotee FounderID submissions continue to trickle in from the web form, and I plan to update the server tomorrow night with the latest submissions.

Thank you very much for your updates. I really appreciate these updates on your work. Looking forward to it!
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline fuzzy

« Reply #248 on: February 19, 2014, 06:05:40 pm »
This point display is actually just a temporary one we're using to let people know their KH Founder ID is registered with our name server, so there's no point to buying more at this point. It's unrelated to the reputation system that will be used once the blockchain is launched.
+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 20, 2014, 04:58:33 am »
I've updated the founder server with the latest submissions from the web form. If you submitted a public key for your Founder ID via the web form in the past two days, you can now check your contact info inside Keyhotee to see if your public key submission was accepted by the system (your identity will show points beside the name if it was accepted).

Offline jae208

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 20, 2014, 05:41:56 am »
I've updated the founder server with the latest submissions from the web form. If you submitted a public key for your Founder ID via the web form in the past two days, you can now check your contact info inside Keyhotee to see if your public key submission was accepted by the system (your identity will show points beside the name if it was accepted).

+1
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 20, 2014, 06:51:19 am »
I also have the issue of showing as "unregistered". Can you have a check for me? Thanks. My public key is "5yQRwuHnu9iRF4NuzvcDaDwgZch74EVT6X8b4pfecrwbnnMTLF" and the founder id should be "john".
The Keyhotee Founder message is not meaningful in this case, it just means you "mined" your name locally in a temporary blockchain, probably using one of the early betas before identity mining was disabled.

The important thing is the points message, which apparently is not showing properly on your client. On the founder server, I see JustHayden has been registered with a public key like this: 6ked...V6Bb.  Does that match the public key shown in your KH client?

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 06:53:13 am by zhangweis »
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 20, 2014, 02:26:22 pm »
I also have the issue of showing as "unregistered". Can you have a check for me? Thanks. My public key is "5yQRwuHnu9iRF4NuzvcDaDwgZch74EVT6X8b4pfecrwbnnMTLF" and the founder id should be "john".

Yes, "john" is properly registered in the database with 5yQRwuHnu9iRF4NuzvcDaDwgZch74EVT6X8b4pfecrwbnnMTLF, so your id will work properly show up as a Founder ID once the blockchain is initialized.

Another user reported a similar problem today, so I reviewed the code today that reports the points and I'm pretty sure I know the problem: for security reasons, the name server requires that the identity be created with the "Founder Code" in order to report your points (basically Keyhotee sends the KeyhoteeID, the public key, and the founder code to the founder registration server to be verified). I suspect that your identity info is either missing the founder code or it has the wrong one. You can check the founder code entered by looking in the "Notes" section of your contact info for your identity. If it's blank or if the code is wrong, this would explain the issue. Note this doesn't mean your Founder Id isn't registered, just that it won't show as registered in your Keyhotee until the blockchain is initialized.

I'm going to look into a possible method for notifying anyone who might be experiencing this problem today, and I'll report back with more details late tonight or tomorrow.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 20, 2014, 07:16:20 pm »
Thank you for the frequent updates, they are much appreciated.

Xeldal

« Reply #254 on: February 20, 2014, 09:29:46 pm »
My client is not showing any points.  I've registered on the website twice about a week ago.  The console window continually says:

"No connection can be made because the target machine actively refused it"
error connecting to 162.243.67.4:9876
unable to connect to 162.243.67.4:9876

I was assuming this was the BitShare network refusing the connection which makes sense but now i'm unsure.

The messaging seems to work just fine.