Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 393597 times)

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Today I took a break from writing code in order to analyze the existing code for creating keys inside keyhotee and document it on the wiki, and I found one possible snag in regeneration of the keys generated for exchanges between authorized users (regeneration would be useful in the case of having to recreate a lost profile), but I think I have a reasonable solution to the problem, just waiting for Bytemaster to double-check my idea.

New Keyhotee FounderID submissions continue to trickle in from the web form, and I plan to update the server tomorrow night with the latest submissions.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline bytemaster

I've been away for awhile, were are we with a reliable OSX client?
My team is not assigned to it, but as I understand it, it's being done as a sub-part of a larger bounty that's supposed to be completed within a week (I believe by Don Schoe et al). Naturally, if anything falls through there (which we're not expecting it to in this case), we would take it on double-quick to get it done.

This is part of the Jenkins nightly build system which requires that a Mac version of Keyhotee is produced in ready to download and distribute form after almost every commit to github.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
We're currently finishing up a system for allowing two users to exchange a deterministic sequence of public keys (GUI is done, now we're finished up the backend code). This feature will ultimately be used to enhance the privacy of blockchain transactions made between these users.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
My team is not assigned to it, but as I understand it, it's being done as a sub-part of a larger bounty that's supposed to be completed within a week (I believe by Don Schoe et al). Naturally, if anything falls through there (which we're not expecting it to in this case), we would take it on double-quick to get it done.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Where those points are it says "Unregistered" on mine. But it still says "Keyhotee Founder" beside it.
The Keyhotee Founder message is not meaningful in this case, it just means you "mined" your name locally in a temporary blockchain, probably using one of the early betas before identity mining was disabled.

The important thing is the points message, which apparently is not showing properly on your client. On the founder server, I see JustHayden has been registered with a public key like this: 6ked...V6Bb.  Does that match the public key shown in your KH client?

Also, are you using the 0.5.3 alpha client?
If possible, please reply to me via dan at syncad.com to speed my replies.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I'm not following every thread, so my question is:
Is there a way to quickly check the status of the own Keyhotee founder ID?
(I mean like an online check which just says "Your ID will be in the genesis block" or "will NOT be..." or "is currently unknown"... something like that)
Yes, launch Keyhotee and go to the contact view info for your identity, if it's registered in the name server, it will show points beside the name, like this:

Note this only happens after the Keyhotee rgistration server is updated from the latest web form submissions, which we manually do every couple of days. Next planned update is Friday night.

Will people be able to buy points for their account with BitShares?
This point display is actually just a temporary one we're using to let people know their KH Founder ID is registered with our name server, so there's no point to buying more at this point. It's unrelated to the reputation system that will be used once the blockchain is launched.

Where those points are it says "Unregistered" on mine. But it still says "Keyhotee Founder" beside it.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
(I mean like an online check which just says "Your ID will be in the genesis block" or "will NOT be..." or "is currently unknown"... something like that)
Yes, launch Keyhotee and go to the contact view info for your identity, if it's registered in the name server, it will show points beside the name, like this:

Note this only happens after the Keyhotee rgistration server is updated from the latest web form submissions, which we manually do every couple of days. Next planned update is Friday night.

This point display is actually just a temporary one we're using to let people know their KH Founder ID is registered with our name server, so there's no point to buying more at this point. It's unrelated to the reputation system that will be used once the blockchain is launched.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I've updated the KH Founder ID server with the latest public keys submitted from the web form. You can check if you're registered by using the latest Keyhotee client and looking at your identity contact (see previous post for screenshot). If the client is not reporting registered and you think you should be (e.g. you've tried to register via KH client or via the webform), send Stan an email and we'll check into it.

On a related note, Stan has already sent out emails to several people who submitted with the wrong Founder Code, etc. and he'll probably be sending out a few more emails tomorrow. If you're the recipient of one of the emails, please resubmit to the web form with your corrected data.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:19:13 am by dannotestein »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
Committed the database versioning code today along with embedded docs for how to use it when updating a database's object format.

Made some updates to the founder ID server to patch up improperly transcribed KH Founder IDs, but still haven't updated the KHID server with latest web form submissions yet, because 1) want to give Stan a little more time to get some feedback on web form submissions that don't have right Founder code or reference a bad KH ID and 2) code for founder ID server didn't compile after I pulled the latest repo changes to the linux box that hosts it and it's a little late to dig into the problem. Probably will do the update tomorrow, or Monday at the latest.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Have you implemented wallet function  for this updates? otherwise it just a funny clone email client which has been open-sourced for many years.

I'm going to update the KH Founder ID database tomorrow night instead of tonight, as Stan was traveling yesterday, plus I had forgotten about an important US holiday today that took up most of my evening...

It's still in testing, and the chain is not yet live.  Wallets have been done before, and I don't think anyone has serious concerns about technical implementation hurdles for integrating basic wallet functionality into Keyhotee.  I think wallet integration is much less urgent than getting the email system finished and thoroughly tested, especially those "funny" parts of it that have never been done before.
+5%
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Have you implemented wallet function  for this updates? otherwise it just a funny clone email client which has been open-sourced for many years.

I'm going to update the KH Founder ID database tomorrow night instead of tonight, as Stan was traveling yesterday, plus I had forgotten about an important US holiday today that took up most of my evening...

It's still in testing, and the chain is not yet live.  Wallets have been done before, and I don't think anyone has serious concerns about technical implementation hurdles for integrating basic wallet functionality into Keyhotee.  I think wallet integration is much less urgent than getting the email system finished and thoroughly tested, especially those "funny" parts of it that have never been done before.

Offline sfinder

• 4 Cores CPU+100GB SSD+anti-DDoS Pro
    • View Profile

微博:星在飘我在找|BTS X 受托人delegate ID:baidu
中国教育书店合作将20%收入捐献给贫困山区学生。
Cooperating with China Education Bookstore and will donate 20% of delegate income to the poor students

Offline bytemaster

I thought I told you women were a distraction that we could not afford!    >:(
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.