Author Topic: Keyhotee Status Update  (Read 389864 times)

38PTSWarrior

Big up for your work dannotenstein at this place!

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
I introduced Keyhotee to two people who both use MAC only. They both donated for Founders IDs. Neither of them is a programmer or developer of any kind and have only general public level computer skills. Is there going to be an easy method for them to download Keyhotee and register their Founder ID's in time?
We have a plan in place to cover any Keyhotee Founder donator that doesn't register by the 28th deadline against loss of their ID. They will still be able to claim their KeyhoteeId (and get credited with AGS/BTS/etc) later even if they don't get registered by the 28th. We will use a "placeholder" key for all these unclaimed IDs, then updated versions of the Keyhotee client will be created later that recognize late registrations.
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
0.5.5 works fine. Thanks Dan!
And i would like to know how the points calculated? forgive me about the question if anyone has asked before.
Points are just some rough equivalent in US dollars of the amount donated by the KeyhoteeID holder.

Offline lib

• liberty
    • View Profile
0.5.5 works fine. Thanks Dan!
And i would like to know how the points calculated? forgive me about the question if anyone has asked before.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA
Personal Address: PakhuBkqTu4oTHJ4ZffvzVwCGCMfuqazgm

Offline gulu

• View Profile
I registered my found ID with MAC client. Now I use the windows to see if it's indeed registered. And I see the points, which suggests it is.

I used same ID and same brainwallet phrase, but got a different public ID. Exact same input, different public ID. Can someone tell why? Or it is the way is.

No, they should be the same.
The probable reasons:
1. ID IS character sensitive, WHEN you create your key pair. Because the private key is the hash of all you inputed.
2. The order of name, middle name, family name. It's very probable to take it wrong for Asian people. I myself once took it wrong, for example.

Basically, if you can't regenerate your key pair from memory only, you need to make a new pair of keys and redo the registration.
Thanks a lot. That's my thoughts too. But I took a photo of the input information. Can't be wrong. Yeah, I need to play around, I guess.

Or it can be a bug relative to OS platform, though it is supposed to be cross-platform.
I suggest you to register on windows, cuz the registration is of the highest priority and keyhotee still buggy now. At least windows version is supported best as for now.
Thanks again. It turned out that it is a bug on me. I forgot I registered with windows, and then generated a random brain phrase on MAC. Now I re-generated my profile on MAC with the brain phrase, and I got the exact same publick ID.
BTC: 1FRsgcQELHKFY2VMFosBnyBaNxZgS4wj7x
PTS: Pf9yDYUknXShepu6YjwSEpMvm1ewNQLNgE
BTSX: gulu

Offline onceuponatime

I introduced Keyhotee to two people who both use MAC only. They both donated for Founders IDs. Neither of them is a programmer or developer of any kind and have only general public level computer skills. Is there going to be an easy method for them to download Keyhotee and register their Founder ID's in time?

I myself downloaded and registered quite a while ago with Windows, and introduced another person who used Windows to register sucessfully.

I hope my name doesn't become mud with the first two above.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I've updated the founder server with the names submitted this weekend and earlier today from the web form.

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I registered my found ID with MAC client. Now I use the windows to see if it's indeed registered. And I see the points, which suggests it is.

I used same ID and same brainwallet phrase, but got a different public ID. Exact same input, different public ID. Can someone tell why? Or it is the way is.

The probable reasons:
1. ID IS character sensitive, WHEN you create your key pair. Because the private key is the hash of all you inputed.
2. The order of name, middle name, family name. It's very probable to take it wrong for Asian people. I myself once took it wrong, for example.

Basically, if you can't regenerate your key pair from memory only, you need to make a new pair of keys and redo the registration.
Thanks a lot. That's my thoughts too. But I took a photo of the input information. Can't be wrong. Yeah, I need to play around, I guess.

Or it can be a bug relative to OS platform, though it is supposed to be cross-platform.
I suggest you to register on windows, cuz the registration is of the highest priority and keyhotee still buggy now. At least windows version is supported best as for now.
We did a test today to check profile creation across Windows and Linux, and it generated the same public key in our test. Still, if any problems are encountered, I agree that using Windows is probably safest choice.

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

The probable reasons:

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline gulu

• View Profile

The probable reasons:

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog

The probable reasons:

Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline gulu

• View Profile

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
Hi Dan,
0.5.5 works for me too. Thanks for the update.
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Yes, "john" is properly registered in the database with 5yQRwuHnu9iRF4NuzvcDaDwgZch74EVT6X8b4pfecrwbnnMTLF, so your id will work properly show up as a Founder ID once the blockchain is initialized.

Another user reported a similar problem today, so I reviewed the code today that reports the points and I'm pretty sure I know the problem: for security reasons, the name server requires that the identity be created with the "Founder Code" in order to report your points (basically Keyhotee sends the KeyhoteeID, the public key, and the founder code to the founder registration server to be verified). I suspect that your identity info is either missing the founder code or it has the wrong one. You can check the founder code entered by looking in the "Notes" section of your contact info for your identity. If it's blank or if the code is wrong, this would explain the issue. Note this doesn't mean your Founder Id isn't registered, just that it won't show as registered in your Keyhotee until the blockchain is initialized.

I'm going to look into a possible method for notifying anyone who might be experiencing this problem today, and I'll report back with more details late tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll wait for the blockchain. Is there any other way for me to recreate the identity with founder code or add founder code to the existing identity?
I've modified the founder registration server and made a new 0.5.4 alpha release that will report if the kehoteeID and public key match the ones stored on the server even when there's no founder code entered. So if you install  the new version, you should be able to check your identity now. The new version is here:
http://invictus.io/bin/keyhotee_0.5.4.zip

hi dannotestein, is that MAC version available?

guess it's in progress ... but don't exactly knowing wheter it's the version you mentioned or not

Here are two pull requests that fix compilation on mac os:

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc/pull/13
https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/pull/299

after that, you can follow the instructions in this file to compile keyhotee

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/blob/master/bootstrap_mac_dmg.sh

It is recommended to run in a new virtual machine, as it allows to have a clean environment, without any conflicts between system/macports/brew/... (which unfortunately happen often on mac)

Here's a compiled version of keyhotee (as of the version in the pull request): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ngq8c9hsbypxsvv/Keyhotee.dmg
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
I was also able to recreate everything over a newly installed OS... with 0.5.5. Same pub... same points... looks good.
Thanks, it's important for us to know when things are working correctly as well as when they aren't!