Author Topic: Missing balance  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
So I imported a couple other keys and rescanned and it eventually worked today. So I am guessing that my first account made which was not the one missing funds must be like a parent account and must be added in order for my other account to show a balance. Just a guess. Either that or it takes over 16 hours to regenerate keys that are linked to the account with missing funds.

Anyway, it's all good now.

Thanks for the help.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If you haven't made any market orders you should be all fine with a plain an simple "rescan" in the console (upper right corner -> advanced -> "console" tab)

Else we also have a wiki page for this
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

Rest assured that as long as you have ay backup you will get access to your funds ..

I have rescanned about 8 times. I imported another private key and it had funds. Sent to my missing funds account and it shows up but without the original funds showing up. I also tried importing the backup wallet that was saved with all my accounts and got an error that it could not be done. I will try again and post error message. So I have private keys and back up wallet and nothing is working. It's 107K BTS that is missing.
you can also install an older version of the client and import your old backup .. then upgrade to the new client

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I had a similar issues. The solution with me was: I imported my AGS (BTC/PTS) keys and did not make any transfers. Therefore no funds were recovered by importing the backup I made. I had to newly import my AGS keys... Maybe that helps  :o

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
If you haven't made any market orders you should be all fine with a plain an simple "rescan" in the console (upper right corner -> advanced -> "console" tab)

Rest assured that as long as you have ay backup you will get access to your funds ..

I have rescanned about 8 times. I imported another private key and it had funds. Sent to my missing funds account and it shows up but without the original funds showing up. I also tried importing the backup wallet that was saved with all my accounts and got an error that it could not be done. I will try again and post error message. So I have private keys and back up wallet and nothing is working. It's 107K BTS that is missing.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Bitshiz

• View Profile
I have windows 7 and version 0.6.1 of Bitshares. I got stuck at the login screen and was unable to get into wallet. I deleted AppData files because I have saved my private keys elsewhere.
 I was able to get into new wallet and import keys, but no balance is showing up. My trans history is there but no balance. I have also tried to regenerate 50000 keys and nothing.

Any other tips?