Author Topic: [ANN] Our New Website Is Live!  (Read 16514 times)

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Pls remove the rate of bitcny/cny,bitusd/usd,etc. on the topside of front page. I think its very misleading, not to mention where you grasped this data in the first place.

I never wanted to it display BTS vs BitBTC or USD vs BitUSD.

I thought showing BTC : BitBTC and USD : BitUSD was a great idea.  Market pegged BitAssets are the main thing we have that other altcoins don't.  Showing that the peg works, front and center on our website, is a concise statement of our value proposition and our product's identity.  Of course we can maybe do a better job of explaining what the data means and where it's coming from, maybe in hover text or a link when you click on it.

Just showing the price of BTS : BTC -- you can go to coinmarketcap.com and see that kind of chart for hundreds of altcoins.  A BTS : BTC price graph doesn't say anything about what makes BitShares special.

Thank you!

BTA's price is pegged, period. This is the mechanism. This is why tradebts.com running its business on.
BTA is not designed to be speculated to achieve its peg, it's a intrinsic nature. You know why, right?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Pls remove the rate of bitcny/cny,bitusd/usd,etc. on the topside of front page. I think its very misleading, not to mention where you grasped this data in the first place.

I thought showing BTC : BitBTC and USD : BitUSD was a great idea.  Market pegged BitAssets are the main thing we have that other altcoins don't.  Showing that the peg works, front and center on our website, is a concise statement of our value proposition and our product's identity.  Of course we can maybe do a better job of explaining what the data means and where it's coming from, maybe in hover text or a link when you click on it.

Just showing the price of BTS : BTC -- you can go to coinmarketcap.com and see that kind of chart for hundreds of altcoins.  A BTS : BTC price graph doesn't say anything about what makes BitShares special.

Thank you!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I wanted to show USD vs BTS   and BTC vs BTS   and to have it look something like: 

Right.
BTS is the "base currency" in bitshares ecosystem whose price only matters.
When comes to bitassets, we can display its totoal supplies and places(like websites, merchants or applications) to spend them. Bitassets don't have a "price", it's only a  means of circulation, like paper currency, don't have the ability to speculate to profit.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 01:24:56 am by merlin0113 »

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Added the above to github. Cheers!

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
hey Cass, digging the new site. One suggestion:

On the page https://bitshares.org/resources/thankyou

<p>If you'll need help etc please visit our forum for more detailed infos</p>

doesn't read very well... and it does not provide new users an easy way to access our forums! I suggest the following:

<p>If you need additional help, please visit our <a href="www.bitsharestalk.org">forum</a> for more information.</p>

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I wanted to show USD vs BTS   and BTC vs BTS   and to have it look something like: 

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

+1

updated!

Thank you for updating this.

Could you please tell me what was the reason to do this back then?

?

I mean you must had reasons back then. Could you share it?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 01:25:36 am by merlin0113 »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

+1

updated!

?

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

+1

updated!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
it would be great for future issue if you could use github for issuering, thx!

https://github.com/cassiopaia/labs.bitshares.org/issues

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

+1

updated!

Offline bytemaster

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

+1
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 05:11:20 pm by merlin0113 »