Author Topic: Creation of a BTER DAC and crowd funded recapitalization  (Read 9301 times)

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
Someone that has a direct line reaching out to them to ask how we can help makes sense. Everything else seems a little premature until we know more about their immediate plans.

I have reached out a number of times and have received no response.

"wait , we're working for a solution . Please be patient . "  ------ bter
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Don't call this a DAC, it would be neither decentralized nor autonomous, it would be a normal centralized company, just with a lot of shareholders.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline klosure

• View Profile

It is now Chinese new year and many offices are not opening. Though bter people may not be in holiday during this hard time, all other people's business / operation slow down during this week. This also makes me believe the thief who stole 7k BTC is a Chinese or someone know Chinese culture very well.
If you have evidence for your accusation please feel free to share it, otherwise I don't like your accusation based on prejudice.

what accusation? It is Chinese New Year. It makes sense that business operations might slow down. That could lead to weaknesses. Which might mean that the person who executed the hack is chinese. Come on man. This is just spitballing and speculation.
The hack happened last week. Last week wasn't CNY. Anyway vulnerabilities aren't following business calendar and staff on site won't prevent them being exploited.

Offline VoR0220

It is now Chinese new year and many offices are not opening. Though bter people may not be in holiday during this hard time, all other people's business / operation slow down during this week. This also makes me believe the thief who stole 7k BTC is a Chinese or someone know Chinese culture very well.
If you have evidence for your accusation please feel free to share it, otherwise I don't like your accusation based on prejudice.

what accusation? It is Chinese New Year. It makes sense that business operations might slow down. That could lead to weaknesses. Which might mean that the person who executed the hack is chinese. Come on man. This is just spitballing and speculation.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
i am trying to contact bter about this from QQ and Weibo.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Someone that has a direct line reaching out to them to ask how we can help makes sense. Everything else seems a little premature until we know more about their immediate plans.
I agree. I just removed a prior post because I had the same thought. Our first action should be help if we can.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I would be interested in this if they issued a UIA used to crowdfund in hopes of getting back into the game.  But i do not think anyone should be forced to otherwise help bail them out. 

I do agree with closure though that hurting bter is also a decent blow to bts though.  If there are other UIA's  expecting 4 million, there should be no reason bter cant potentially get what they need.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline VoR0220

Depending on whether the funds could be raised, this could be an excellent move. If they recalibrate their exchange in a way that takes in fiat, with actual gateways, it's the perfect on ramp onto BTS. Although, personally, what BTS ought to be doing, is making these fiat gateways themselves. I'm not sure spending valuable resources to save a company who clearly has security issues is the right way to go about this. Why not fill the void ourselves by creating a gateway ourselves? Not to say that this isn't a difficult task, but certainly it would be the better foot forward if a proper framework can be developed. Not only that, but it would catapult BTS to the top in terms of what we can offer the crypto community.

To whoever the hell said that BTS is too conservative. Name an organization not named MaidSAFE or Ethereum that is doing anything more visionary than BTS. Because those are the only great competitors for a 2.0 platform in my mind.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

official BitShares representative.

? Could you pls elaborate this more

Official?

Guys.. its a troll pretending to be Stan.. just ban him already. He's clearly asking for it.

Actually, he's not a troll and has at least as deep an understanding of bitshares as you do. He merely has an unusual sense of humor in the way he presents otherwise quite relevant ideas, and has changed his forum name many times (at least once because someone co-opted his BitsharesTV meme).

So co-opting authority figures here and then lying to people that its 'official' is an unusual sense of humor? You don't see that crossing a line?
`

Yes, he crosses the line in the same way the Fool (Court Jester) does. Without that function (speaking truth to power in a way that doesn't cost you your head) arrogance grows.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Official?

Guys.. its a troll pretending to be Stan.. just ban him already. He's clearly asking for it.

Actually, he's not a troll and has at least as deep an understanding of bitshares as you do. He merely has an unusual sense of humor in the way he presents otherwise quite relevant ideas, and has changed his forum name many times (at least once because someone co-opted his BitsharesTV meme).

So co-opting authority figures here and then lying to people that its 'official' is an unusual sense of humor? You don't see that crossing a line?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

Official?