Author Topic: [ANN] BITSHARES n BEYOND DAC [Sollywood TV + Sollars and Sense]  (Read 10469 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
What if PeerTracks could add a video feature faster and more efficiently?

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

Your proposal is so long and hard to follow that does not make much sense. You business model is very far from clear. It seams that although you put a lot of time in writing everything, it does make things even more messy. You already talk about presale but besides a lot of mambo jumbo and big revolutionary words there is nothing clear.You talk about apps and solar micro payment backed by bts.... "all project powers by Bitshares" what this does even mean. What are you talking about ?

Then you go on with non sens part two :

Persons who hold BitVid  would not own a portion of projects which choose to use the DAC to fund or issue their own tokens. Only if you buy into them specifically would that be the case such as with Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense.

...hhhh WHAT ? This that make any sense to you ?

You should first flesh out clearly your ideas, give some working  examples. Like a real what are the incentive for consumer and for content providers ? Please don't tell to reread that proposal again nor watch the video, because I already did that part. Make it short don't write empty words to fill up the space. Let us  understand what the hell are you talking about. Make a whitepaper then maybe then you could start talking about presale and biVid and Solgold ..... And please don't criticize other delegates and don't event try to criticizes Music  ...Case in point Music had a very clear and brilliant model, also one of the confounder has like 25 years or so experience in music industry. Only once everything was clear they started talking about funding. You are going the other way around. 
I'm  one of those that remember your first time around this forum. Your proposal back in the time sounded like a Nigerian scam. To be clear I'm not saying  that this was your intention but sounded that bad.. Then you completely disappear and now your are back .That's alright it seams that you are doing better already than the last time.
One thing I have to say is that your videos are really good you got talent. So start by making some Bitshares videos, in the meantime make your proposal sound like a real proposal don't even talk about funding you are so far from that part you can't imagine. Gain some trust from this community and maybe you got a chance. Until then I will not even vote for you let alone spend any money in your solar nonsense!!!  But I'm open to listen to your vision and if one day it will make any Sense I'll for sure change my mind.

Proposal is trying to mix some sort of artistic sense of the world with an economic platform.  This would be good for softening the marketing edge but not for the business pitch.  BTS video may likely be a viable DAC regardless. +5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
 Your proposal is so long and hard to follow that does not make much sense. You business model is very far from clear. It seams that although you put a lot of time in writing everything, it does make things even more messy. You already talk about presale but besides a lot of mambo jumbo and big revolutionary words there is nothing clear.You talk about apps and solar micro payment backed by bts.... "all project powers by Bitshares" what this does even mean. What are you talking about ?

Then you go on with non sens part two :

Persons who hold BitVid  would not own a portion of projects which choose to use the DAC to fund or issue their own tokens. Only if you buy into them specifically would that be the case such as with Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense.

...hhhh WHAT ? This that make any sense to you ?

You should first flesh out clearly your ideas, give some working  examples. Like a real what are the incentive for consumer and for content providers ? Please don't tell to reread that proposal again nor watch the video, because I already did that part. Make it short don't write empty words to fill up the space. Let us  understand what the hell are you talking about. Make a whitepaper then maybe then you could start talking about presale and biVid and Solgold ..... And please don't criticize other delegates and don't event try to criticizes Music  ...Case in point Music had a very clear and brilliant model, also one of the confounder has like 25 years or so experience in music industry. Only once everything was clear they started talking about funding. You are going the other way around. 
I'm  one of those that remember your first time around this forum. Your proposal back in the time sounded like a Nigerian scam. To be clear I'm not saying  that this was your intention but sounded that bad.. Then you completely disappear and now your are back .That's alright it seams that you are doing better already than the last time.
One thing I have to say is that your videos are really good you got talent. So start by making some Bitshares videos, in the meantime make your proposal sound like a real proposal don't even talk about funding you are so far from that part you can't imagine. Gain some trust from this community and maybe you got a chance. Until then I will not even vote for you let alone spend any money in your solar nonsense!!!  But I'm open to listen to your vision and if one day it will make any Sense I'll for sure change my mind.

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Okay I just got done listening to the BitShares Music episode. I’ll probably listen to it a couple of more times just for the amount of information and relevancy.

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-music-dac-edition-2014-10-03-starring-cedric-cobson

I'll be mentioning time pointers from the discussion so people can check it out.

Delulo thanks for linking this discussion. I owe you one  ;)

Tl;dr BitShares Video will use the BitShares Music model to launch itself. We can definitely use it and modify it for phases of visual content creation and the film world. It is at its very least worth it to experiment with with a solid use case such as Sollywood TV w/ Sollars and Sense

Now the DAC projects will have some differences as film and its process is very different from music and its process but there will be major similarities especially with funding itself as a DAC and incentives for investors to purchase its Note-like / BitShares-like unit.

By the way is BitShares Music DAC open sourced?

Compared to BitShares Music Model

These are just my initial thoughts from my first run through of the discussion. They are not super organized but instead flow like a brainstorm. The point here is iterating on constructive criticism with more ideas that bring us closer to a solution many people can get behind.

The Note and Funding

So we would have one unit like Notes. Right now I call them BitVids for lack of a better term.

BitVids would most-likely be distributed in the same way COB described for Notes. This is what I suggested must be highly strategic for the benefit of all involved in the Funding and Financing section.

But again I want to start a serious discussion about this with community members who actually want to be involved and see this project as a profitable incentive to their BitShares holdings. I'll keep searching and I plan to make videos to speed up this process.

Just as COB explained at 31:51 we will need a pre-sale in addition to the share-drop. This is what I wanted to discuss with the community to do it the right way and with people who see its potential. Again Funding + Financing section

We would do a pre-sale/crowd-sale, and distribution such as was described for the same reasons he mentioned. We cannot solely rely on pre-allocation and dilution to fund us no matter how cool it sounds. And its very cool in theory but we all have to eat now. This is also where the 100% delegate comes in for the short-term

Holders of BitVid

11:59 is relevant to this point and its project. Persons who hold BitVid  would not own a portion of projects which choose to use the DAC to fund or issue their own tokens. Only if you buy into them specifically would that be the case such as with Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense.

For our DAC we can make it such that registering a token to do any type of project is a fee or a burning of all BitVids which is paid to BitVid holders at a higher rate than which was initially purchased?

Selling Powered By BitShares

All projects would be powered by BitShares and that is what we plan to sell which BitShares Music has not done so well in my opinion. But they are not really filmmakers I dont believe. As such an awesome project with a clear vision and a relevant demographic that is useful to the larger BitShares community I think they are dropping the ball on this one. Content creation to tell a story is key for this generation they are aiming for. Even if its static one room content.

For every one snapchat there are a million no-name losers and not because they weren't better plays (snapchat is kind of irrelevant) but because they didn't catch on.

Content is no gaurantee but it is the visual language most connect with today. Even if you can get some of these technology kids on YouTube to review it it can be used over and over again to sell a point.

I don't say this to be an asshole. I make this point to motivate them to get their goddamn project out in the open more. If it wasn't for delulo's post I probably would have never seen just how much relevancy the project has for me and the younger generation. And just how cool their model is. The time is now not tomorrow.

BitShares Video DAC Fees

All of the fees COB named for Note holders of the BitShares Music network would apply for BitVid holders in the BitShares Video DAC network.

Sollywood TV w/ Sollars Similarities and differences

Sollywood TV is like the PeerTrack in this DAC. Its only one shop on the network. Not the entire network. And its helping out content creators in one specific way (distribution not fundraising) with one token Sollars and Sense.

Sollars and Sense is something else all together. It has no analogy in the BitShares Music model. It is not an artist coin in the same sense as was used for Justin Bieber Coin or Snoop Coin. Those sound like shares of something.

So something like a Sollar Bond would be more analogous.

Something with zero-coupon bond like qualities to gain value over time and be cashed out for Sollars or bitUSD? We would promise but not guarantee that?

Or SoLgold

Alternatively a percentage of what is bought for Sollars and Sense equally goes to Sollar Bond holders? (Sollars and sense will be sold mainly to consumers at a 1-1 exchange rate).

Or a percentage of bondholders receive some sort of value from holding the bond like a company share? Give your thoughts. There are many possibilities to create incentives for purchasing Sollar Bonds or SoLgold.

So to recap if we are going to keep with the BitShares Music model my personal project would make Sollywood TV/Sollars a hybrid between PeerTracks and an artist like Snoop Dogg on the BitShares Video DAC network.

But instead of issuing my coin Sollars and Sense (it already has an artificial market-pegged value which will be kept by consumer purchase and the freemium model) I would instead issue some type of Bond (not security) (Sollar Bond) that holders are speculating will rise in value because of Sollywood TV/Sollars and Sense utility and the way that ties to the bond.

If we launched EVERYTHING TOMORROW

So if we were to launch this thing tomorrow with a pre-sale

The BitShares Video DAC's crowdfunding model would be issuing two units

1. BitVid (the decentralized Note-like unit)
2. Sollar Bond or SoLgold (a sort of artist coin) a sort of Bond for Sollars (the bond would be marketed for donations? And given in exchange?))

If individuals buy into the Note unit (BitVid) they will be owning the BitShares Video DAC and its basic utility.
BitVid holders are expected to fund content projects which could make the network as a whole profit or gain a larger initial value. They can also utilize BitVid based on individual profit opportunities and risks. Its decentralized. (Projects that are funded are expected to (by social contract) promote a powered by BitShares message)

If they purchase the Sollar Bond unit it will be like purchasing the Justin Bieber coin or Snoop coin as you would be tied specifically to the Sollywood TV/Sollars project.

So will investors be buying Sollars and Sense directly when we begin?

Short answer is no.

Investors would not be buying Sollars and Sense Directly. Only consumers who plan to purchase content on the Sollywood TV platform would be buying the coin directly which would have its set price. We will also be giving some (Sollars and Sense) away for free if we raise in Dollars to subsidize initial content creators and get the platform going (already was planned).

Investors who want to make a profit would instead be buying the Sollar Bond/SoLgold in which we could pay out Sollars if exchange price rises above x? Typing my thoughts here.

Other Projects on BitShares Video DAC or blockchain

Others who use the BitShares Video DAC to support their projects can use different economics for their token. And as any visual content creator knows they do not need to be doing what we are doing.

What I mean to say is BitShares Video DAC does not only need to fund distribution platforms such as Sollywood TV in an exclusive manner. BitVid holders can fund anything from large scale documentaries, or any other video type project that has to do with Pre-Production, Production , Post-Production and in my case Distribution of visual content.

They can fund script software, visual effects teams, individual filmmaker movies, the next blockbuster the possibilities are endless. Now I see what Ed was trying to explain to me in the beginning. These various content projects such as mine would issue some type of token in exchange for BitVid eventually.

Will content creators and partners for Sollywood TV issue their own tokens?

So Content creators will not be issuing their own coins on Sollywood TV so in this sense we are not like PeerTrack. No other token would be used for Sollywood TV but Sollars and Sense. This may change in the future but for now that is where it starts.

Another cool Analogy

BitVid holders would be funding me as a unique artists who happens to have this crazy idea of taking on Hollywood in addition to creating his own content.  ;D

25:15 – 27:42 He is basically describing what I think I will be as an “artist” (filmmaker) for this community. And what this proposal really is at its core. I'm asking people to bet on me and this vision.

Its large yes. But Ethereum is larger and look at what they accomplished in a year. Where do you think this project would be in a year if our community got behind it and promoted it with my visual leadership? Its about priorities people. What is BitShares value proposition? Lets stick to it.

Final Initial Thoughts

As COB rightly pointed out if we are going to launch a DAC of this sort then there has to be some sort of use case experience that launches with it in order to give people a practical example of what can be done. In this case it is Sollywood TV with Sollars and Sense.

Those are all my initial thoughts to get a conversation going about utilizing the BitShares Music model. I'll have my delegate registered soon. Stay tuned.

As always Feedback Feedback Feedback on any point. Doesn't have to be everything
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I am not much help  technically or large financial contributions,  but fully support what Solomon is trying to accomplish.

Every journey starts with the first step.

Following with interest  +5%

Thank you ubits. You gave all the help I need. Its people like you that keep me going  :) And that's what matter right now.

I'm almost done hearing the BitShares Music episode. Its so relevant to what I am trying to get across with this project its kind of scary. I'll have my thoughts posted soon. Thanks again for the support.
+5%

I am not much help  technically or large financial contributions,  but fully support what Solomon is trying to accomplish.

Thank you ubits. You gave all the help I need. Its people like you that keep me going  :) And that's what matter right now.

I'm almost done hearing the BitShares Music episode. Its so relevant to what I am trying to get across with this project its kind of scary. I'll have my thoughts posted soon. Thanks again for the support.
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline ubits

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Decentralization comes in the open source component not in the starting architecture. But that may change in the future. So yes in a way you are correct. The long term plan is to make BitShares Video DAC into a decentralized DAC.
What you wrote makes sense. I would not use the term "Bitshares Video DAC" though to not confuse people about your intentions / plans.

So the role (apart from marketing / videos) Bitshares plays for Sollywood TV is that payments would be processed a UIA on the Bitshares blockchain?

Did you check out how Bitshares Music will work? I think you may find a lot of inspiration there for your project! Best source imo https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-music-dac-edition-2014-10-03-starring-cedric-cobson

Ok cool delulo,

That is what I need. Lets get things moving with discussions. I'll check it out. Are there any name suggestions you would recommend? I still think it should be BitShares Video DAC as it may very well end up that way in the long run. Here is how I see it.

Its about the long term vision not the short term iteration right? Sollywood TV is only one way to do this, comcast is another, BitTorrent is another. They all have various levels of "decentralization" and autonomous-ness. Now what if all these iterations were funded by the same unit?

There are millions of ways that may be produced from this one project and that in itself is decentralized and autonomous.

I think where the "company" part will come in is the funding unit we use for this project which has yet to be discussed. I made a suggestion that the unit be called BitVid. BitVid holders would fund project or different iterations of this project that may increase the value of their unit? What do you think?

I'm checking out the BitShares music discussion now.
The term "decentralized autonomous company" was an analogy proposed by Daniel Larimer to describe Bitcoin and similar consensus ledgers. What you want to do (as I understand it) is a traditional company that is using the UIA functionality of the Bitshares DAC as a payment system backbone. So in order to not confuse people and to not oversell I would drop the DAC terminology.

I would guess that a crowd funding campaign where you receive money for shares in your company would only bring in significant amounts if you already something substantial: A team, a prototype product, some technical innovation etc.

Decentralization comes in the open source component not in the starting architecture. But that may change in the future. So yes in a way you are correct. The long term plan is to make BitShares Video DAC into a decentralized DAC.
What you wrote makes sense. I would not use the term "Bitshares Video DAC" though to not confuse people about your intentions / plans.

So the role (apart from marketing / videos) Bitshares plays for Sollywood TV is that payments would be processed a UIA on the Bitshares blockchain?

Did you check out how Bitshares Music will work? I think you may find a lot of inspiration there for your project! Best source imo https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/beyond-bitcoin-music-dac-edition-2014-10-03-starring-cedric-cobson

Ok cool delulo,

That is what I need. Lets get things moving with discussions. I'll check it out. Are there any name suggestions you would recommend? I still think it should be BitShares Video DAC as it may very well end up that way in the long run. Here is how I see it.

Its about the long term vision not the short term iteration right? Sollywood TV is only one way to do this, comcast is another, BitTorrent is another. They all have various levels of "decentralization" and autonomous-ness. Now what if all these iterations were funded by the same unit?

There are millions of ways that may be produced from this one project and that in itself is decentralized and autonomous.

I think where the "company" part will come in is the funding unit we use for this project which has yet to be discussed. I made a suggestion that the unit be called BitVid. BitVid holders would fund project or different iterations of this project that may increase the value of their unit? What do you think?

I'm checking out the BitShares music discussion now.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Some thoughts I have had previously in regards to creating my own video DAC that are relevant to this project are: Where will the content be stored, how will it be accessed, how much will this storage cost and how will these costs be handled by the DAC? Is data stored on a centralized or decentralized solution? What about data redundancy? What cut does the DAC take of the purchases? How will the cost of an existing CMS be managed or will a brand new CMS solution need be designed and built? Can anybody upload anything? If so, how will the legal side be handled such as DMCA take downs etc? If not, how will you decide what content is to go on the platform, who decides, how are they paid? Is playout limited to web streaming only?

Also, do you have a team assembled or in mind already? How many people do you think this would take to make? What sort of timescales etc? This is a very ambitious project!  :D

So in regards to these questions lets see. I'm gonna query the info in my head gathered from 1 year of computer science school and see if its done me any good. I would imagine for our starting point data will be stored server side no different than any tech start up in the valley. Since deflationary economics is highly at work today with the costs of storage I would imagine something like Amazon AWS would be phenomenal to our own in house content and the content partners we start with that do not host their own content. (Content partners that host their own content ie Netflix, Comcast, YouTube etc would only be using us at the point of payment or sale or cashing out)

The DAC is not being built to be decentralized right now. We will grow to that eventually if it is shown to be a better model. But to building a unique content experience it is simply not necessary right now.

Decentralized and autonomous-ness comes in its open-sourciness in the fact that anyone can use the components we build or acquire to do their own content experience or project

I believe I have people confused, this DAC will not be starting out as a decentralized autonomous Company in the architectural $ense or the Bitcoin/BitShares sense. This DAC is starting open-source that is as much decentralization as it currently needs. My demographic that I am aiming to acquire simply doesn't care. So its overkill right now.

BitShares the platform that is powering it will be enough of a DAC for crypto-enthusiasts.

@onceuponatime -- this was your first reaction:

:D

+5%

I think the videos you produce to promote bitshares while you work on the funding for the new Bitshare Video would certainly be awesome.

Quality videos like these will go a long way.. perhaps create some with the intent of going viral? Others that maybe can work with news releases?

Lots of possibilities. In the end, as long as the production is consistent.. it will definitely be a step up for bitshares eco system as a whole.

Hey thanks Data,

You've got the right idea. I just have this bad habit of overkill with details and mumbo jumbo. I take this project very seriously  :D

I'm gonna make Sollywood Magic for BitShares until this thing blows up. I will gain support with my content that is produced.

Hello everyone. I'm sorry I had to take a break yesterday. I've been going 100mph the last couple of days to put this thing together and get involved with the community. I'm back though now so lets get down to business  8)

I like your videos and I particularly like your on screen presenting style, from the other video of you I have seen. Our community needs more people with your enthusiasm and creativity. I would vote for you as a delegate just to have you working full time on the BitShares branded videos btw.

Let's get down to some questions:

Can you give us a full history of your project? It looks like a lot of this content was created for previous pitches elsewhere. What worked, what didn't work etc in the past? How have you come to where you are now etc?

Do you actually have any of the technical aspects worked out yet, or is this more of a vision of what could be? What happens if some of the things you have envisaged are just not possible? I would highly recommend working these details out in a white paper asap if not done already. I fear you have mainly approached this project from the content creation side and not the technical side.

Some thoughts I have had previously in regards to creating my own video DAC that are relevant to this project are: Where will the content be stored, how will it be accessed, how much will this storage cost and how will these costs be handled by the DAC? Is data stored on a centralized or decentralized solution? What about data redundancy? What cut does the DAC take of the purchases? How will the cost of an existing CMS be managed or will a brand new CMS solution need be designed and built? Can anybody upload anything? If so, how will the legal side be handled such as DMCA take downs etc? If not, how will you decide what content is to go on the platform, who decides, how are they paid? Is playout limited to web streaming only?

Also, do you have a team assembled or in mind already? How many people do you think this would take to make? What sort of timescales etc? This is a very ambitious project!  :D

Thanks Ed I appreciate the constructive criticism and the questions. They help move us forward. It would take a book to give a full history of what has transpired over the last 5 years with this project idea. It most certainly did not start out as what is shown today and took a million iterations. The content was created for the Sollywood TV/Sollars idea similar to what Ethereum did for their idea. My primary background is not programming so I had no idea how it would be built I just knew the business model was there and if it could be built it would be awesome.

Unfortunately I spent most of my time pitching to the wrong individuals (VC / Angel Investors). I should have been here and I probably should have done a crowd-sale or kickstarter much earlier. But no use in crying over spilled milk. I dropped the ball on that due to misplaced priorities (computer science degree). But now I'm focused and reworking it now that I've found a product/community fit  ;)

There is no tech involved at this point besides the BitShares proto-chain as a starting point. This is the vision of what could be. The business model video gives a very doable starting point. And it would be more realistic to start with the payment system portion, sign in login, UIA etc similar to ChangeTip than to go all out and start building a YouTube.

Anything is possible you just need the team to do it. So I plan to sell the vision until we have the team. As the immediate action chapter suggests and DataSecurityNode pointed out I will continue to make consistent videos for BitShares and BitShares Video DAC until our team is assembled. I will report as described there.

If Ethereum can start with 2 guys (who didn't know what they were talking about), a 10 minute video and a white paper that is completely irrelevant today. I think I can sell Sollywood TV and Sollars and Sense powered by BitShares and gain a team to actually do it.

BitShares started in a similar way also. A guy who didn't know what he was talking about and now he turned out to be right. In the same way Ethereum is turning out to be right too but that's only because now they have a team and not just the 19 year old wonder kid (who I love by the way  8)). But never forget how it started. No one builds anything on their own. Just doesn't work that way. Its a growing process and I've come to realize that.

The thing that counts is the idea is rock solid and profitable.

I do not have a team assembled in mind but I believe a crowd-funding campaign (similar to BitShares Music/Ethereum hybrid) could get this project the funds to assemble something in the beginning. At the very least a 100% delegate would be monumental to my content creation at this point. There is angel List a bunch of places to recruit from and I do not plan to poach core devs of BitShares. But the crowd-fund / Share-dropping / child DAC discussed in this thread by arhag could be very useful to us.

I'll do your questions at the bottom separately.

Are you open to rebranding discussions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's interesting... I've had this conversation before  :) If you are directing that at the Sollars and Sense/Sollywood TV brand fair enough. If you have an argument that could have convinced Walt Disney, Sam Walton, John Deere, Harvey Weinstein, Amber Crombie and Fitch, Air Jordan, Calvin Klein, Henry Ford, Jacuzzi, Ferruccio Lamborghini, and a million other successful brands derived from their real life owners to change then I actually want to hear it.

Or do you mean rebranding of "BitShares Video DAC"? Either way lets talk.

My first reaction is that this is a very ambitious project and realistically far more than one man can accomplish working alone - even in the beginning.

You will need a team. How are you going to pay them, even minimally, so that they can cover rent and food? In other words, let's see a preliminary budget and estimates of how much money you will need at each stage of the project. Not just for labor, but for whatever you are going to need as the project develops (ie. such things as office space, equipment, websites, advertising, servers, etc.) If you run out of funds before you get a cash flow to cover ongoing expenses it could turn out to be another broken dream.

Have you got an inventory of what skills you are going to require, besides your own? For instance, you are going to need a dev or devs to do coding for parts of your project, yes? I hope you are not planning on poaching any of our core devs?  :'(  You are going to need to find and perhaps partner with such talent.

Please don't let me discourage you. I just want to see financial plans fleshed out much as Edilliam wants to see the technical plans fleshed out.  It is an awesome vision, but needs the discipline of a business plan of the quality you would take to hard-hearted venture capitalists.  This will help you immensely.

Thanks onceuponatime. I need this constructive criticism. You are exactly right. I need more than a team. I need a community and community endorsement. This will be no small feat. And that is why I brought it to the BitShares community (openly). It could use a project of this sort for its technologies and bolstering up its unique image and I could use the backing and crowd-funding/100% Delegate to begin this project.

Like DataSecurityNode suggested I'll be producing videos for BitShares to promote bitshares while I work on the funding for this new Bitshares Video DAC project. I will not just be sitting on my ass, promise :P

Some people want to sit on delegate pay and pray for others to produce their rocket. I actually want to build a rocket to go to the moon. Yes I will need a team but as I wrote to Ed that team will not be poached from Core Devs of BitShares. What is mostly needed from BitShares is funding. The utilization of stored funds to a project which can increase its value and market cap. That is how we grow. That is this project. That is why I plan to do the crowd-funding in addition to the delegate. I believe if more people knew about this project they would be willing to fund it in the same way we funded BitShares Music.

Its funny that you mentioned that budget onceuponatime  ;D You made me remember I've got one with all if not 95% of what you requested. Since you mentioned it I want to discuss it with you first before I present it to the larger community. Its an excel document. I'll PM you and Ed.

You do realise that registering a delegate has a big fee, and that refunds aren't possible?

My main concern here, is that you're underestimating the costs and resources needed for a Video DAC.

Hello graffenwalder. Thank you for your concern. It shows that you want individuals to be realistic about expectations with receiving a 100% delegates from the community. I appreciate that. I actually have quite a lot of support for my delegate bid at this time which I believe will continue to grow as the months unfold and this new project gets out.

I'm not going anywhere. BitShares is stuck with me and we are going to get this damn larger market cap with its real value proposition. Not the one it thinks it needs to be now. 

In my opinion its simple BitShares can either try and do what Bitcoin is doing or it can believe in itself and its value proposition and gain a larger market cap. The history of technology progress should show you can't have both.

But may be I'm wrong and this will be a miracle.

Thanks for you proposal!

As you plan to make sollars and Sense a UIA do you know what legal requirements you have to fulfill since you would have to hold customer funds as collateral (the money (USD, BTC, BTS) customers give you to buy Sollars and Sense)?

Did I understand this correctly. You want to start with a UIA as a currency for your platform (for purchasing video content, correct?) - the Platform at this stage would be hosted on a central server. The long term plan though is to make the platform into a (decentralized) DAC, correct? And so Sollars and Sense might not be a UIA anymore but a market pegged asset? How would this DAC work?

Hello Delulo,

No I do not know the exact details but I cannot imagine it is any different than Flattr, ChangeTip, or any game company like MMOGA or gift cards that give individuals some sort of virtual asset for cash.

I simply want to start in a way that is beneficial to people who actually want to see this project move forward and help BitShares. I'm not Super Man I'm only Solo-Man  :'(

Yes the platform will be built for centralization as there is no need to decentralize at this point. Decentralization is not always a feature in every instance some times its a pain and overkill. Sollywood TV/Sollars is not trying to disrupt the world and all that other jazz. BUT the tech that powers it will all be open-sourced and freely available for anyone to use.

So eventually if people believe a decentralized version is necessary or it turns out from analyzing the business model in action that decentralization is a better model for some features like BitTorrent Live stream. Then we can go that route.

But in the short-term decentralization is a hindrance  to building a unique Sollywood content experience.

I do not know what Sollars will be in the future. But now I just don't see it as a market-pegged asset in the bitUSD $ense and never really have. I mean it could obviously work that way but then it would serve a different purpose. Some may disagree with that but that again is why the project is open-sourced so if people have other ideas they can implement them.

Sollars will be a centralized currency artificially market-pegged to the Dollar.

Offline graffenwalder

You do realise that registering a delegate has a big fee, and that refunds aren't possible?

My main concern here, is that you're underestimating the costs and resources needed for a Video DAC.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Thanks for you proposal!

As you plan to make sollars and Sense a UIA do you know what legal requirements you have to fulfill since you would have to hold customer funds as collateral (the money (USD, BTC, BTS) customers give you to buy Sollars and Sense)?

Did I understand this correctly. You want to start with a UIA as a currency for your platform (for purchasing video content, correct?) - the Platform at this stage would be hosted on a central server. The long term plan though is to make the platform into a (decentralized) DAC, correct? And so Sollars and Sense might not be a UIA anymore but a market pegged asset? How would this DAC work?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 11:14:00 am by delulo »