Author Topic: the spread on shapeshift is real  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Riverhead

Don't forget about Yunbi. BTC->bitUSD. Cryptohedge currently has about 13BTC there on this pair.

https://yunbi.com/markets/bitusdbtc

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I just tried out Poloniex today, I feel it's quite nice, the trading engine is smoother than BTER I feel.

Same here.. I figured it was time to setup some alternatives and Poloniex seems pretty decent. BTER I always had a hell of a time logging in with two factor authentication for some reason. Never had trouble with others.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I just tried out Poloniex today, I feel it's quite nice, the trading engine is smoother than BTER I feel.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
Yea, there's basically nowhere to buy BTS with BTC right now...pretty crazy. Nearly 98% of our volume is from CNY.

...How exactly are you supposed to buy BTS if you don't have CNY? The largest BTC market (BTC38) has only 1.25% of the total volume.  ???

On btc38, BTC→CNY, CNY→BTS. This is how you purchase BTS with BTC for now.

来自我的 M040 上的 Tapatalk

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
we need a little bit time :D

we will add really soon BTS--BTC and bitUSD-BTC on www.metaexchange.info and we are trying to provide over the time the best or the smallest spread available.

We are running in the background a couple of tests, you can already see the test transactions on our website. So you will have more alternatives in a couple of days.

Great work! :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
we need a little bit time :D

we will add really soon BTS--BTC and bitUSD-BTC on www.metaexchange.info and we are trying to provide over the time the best or the smallest spread available.

We are running in the background a couple of tests, you can already see the test transactions on our website. So you will have more alternatives in a couple of days.

Offline leon

• View Profile
Yea, there's basically nowhere to buy BTS with BTC right now...pretty crazy. Nearly 98% of our volume is from CNY.

...How exactly are you supposed to buy BTS if you don't have CNY? The largest BTC market (BTC38) has only 1.25% of the total volume.  ???

BTC -> BitBTC (Metaexchange)
BitBTC -> BTS (Bitshares Client)
Sorry haven't seen this. Now it's clear  :)

Offline leon

• View Profile
I just bought some bts using shapeshift (just wanted to try it).And must say my first experience was amazing :)
 +5%
So now the only way of buying bts is goigng btc-bitbtc and selling it inside ,am I right? :-\

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj

BTC -> BitBTC (Metaexchange)
BitBTC -> BTS (Bitshares Client)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

julian1

There's very little liquidity in the order book on btc38 which is where shapeshift would unwind. it goes from bid of 34 to ask of 47 in about 12 btc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Shapeshifted quoted me 0.000029 on buying my BTS, and 0.000042 to sell BTS to me. Who would use shapeshift with such spread?

Bter is down, so there is no liquidity right now in BTC to BTS or altcoin to BTS conversions. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I asked them too about the spread and they said it has to do with the market depth and slippage...   I think we need market makers...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Shapeshifted quoted me 0.000029 on buying my BTS, and 0.000042 to sell BTS to me. Who would use shapeshift with such spread?