Author Topic: Bitshares Client doesn't synchronize fully  (Read 2831 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Good to know your issue has gone.
Probably we'll encourage new users to use light/online wallets.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline EstefanTT

I re-install the client and sync  again the chain. It sync all of it and works fine now. I just saw your advices now, I will try it if it occurs again.

I hope it won't keep failing so much in the next months. That's the kind of things that can discourage news users less motivated that I'm ;)
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Hello again community ;)

I launch my client today and it told me that it wasn't shut down properly (I shut down the computer without shutting it down first, didn't knew that wasn't ok) and it need to reset, that it will take several minute but my info and balance won't be loose.

I choose to reset so. The client re-sync the block chain and stop sync just it did it to me last week when I first install the client.

I did quit and restart a few times and also tried to do it removing the peers.leveldb folder. Nothing seem to work, it's stuck on the same block.

Is somebody has a suggestion ?
Next time try 'continue' instead of 'reset'.
Try the new version of client (v0.6.2).
Try remove the 'chain', 'peers.leveldb', 'mail_client', 'exceptions', 'logs' folder then restart.

Offline EstefanTT

Hello again community ;)

I launch my client today and it told me that it wasn't shut down properly (I shut down the computer without shutting it down first, didn't knew that wasn't ok) and it need to reset, that it will take several minute but my info and balance won't be loose.

I choose to reset so. The client re-sync the block chain and stop sync just it did it to me last week when I first install the client.

I did quit and restart a few times and also tried to do it removing the peers.leveldb folder. Nothing seem to work, it's stuck on the same block.

Is somebody has a suggestion ?

Offline EstefanTT

I delete the directory and it works !

Thanks Abit ;)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
Hey guys,

I have this exact same problem.

It never fully sunc. I have to wait the day after to see my balance changed when I deposit.

I run the last version of the client 0.6
I believe your experience is better than OP.
When the wallet stopped syncing, you can try QUIT it (click File -> Quit) and re-launch.  Sometimes removing the peers.leveldb folder helps.

Offline EstefanTT

Hey guys,

I have this exact same problem.

It never fully sunc. I have to wait the day after to see my balance changed when I deposit.

I run the last version of the client 0.6

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Dear Sir or Ma'am,

I am currently running v0.4.27.2 for my Bitshares client (appears to be the most current) and for well over 3 days the blockchain hasn't fully synchronized. Currently on the status bar it is showing "Catching up... processing 1575644 of 161588. The 1575644 has stayed like that continuously but the total blockchain amount is incrementing. The yield amounts in my wallet has stayed the same as well. Is there anything I can do? Should I roll back the version of client? I tried to reset the database but that hasn't helped either. Any information or assistnace you can provide would be great. Thanks

You need to update to the newest version.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline vikram

You need to be running at least v0.5.0. Find the latest release here: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases

Offline ybcstyle

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

I am currently running v0.4.27.2 for my Bitshares client (appears to be the most current) and for well over 3 days the blockchain hasn't fully synchronized. Currently on the status bar it is showing "Catching up... processing 1575644 of 161588. The 1575644 has stayed like that continuously but the total blockchain amount is incrementing. The yield amounts in my wallet has stayed the same as well. Is there anything I can do? Should I roll back the version of client? I tried to reset the database but that hasn't helped either. Any information or assistnace you can provide would be great. Thanks