Author Topic: The BitShares Hosted Web Wallet is ready...  (Read 64190 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Can the web wallet integrate the entrance of some gateway or bridge? Then people can loggin to the web wallet and directly deposit fiat and receive bitAsset. It just like the deposit directly from fiat to bitasset. It will be much smooth for people to come in.

As soon as Bitshares implements a fiat onramp, the banks and governments will be all over this, NOT good. Just use the centralized exchanges to send your fiat to bitcoin then xfer to bitshares.

You may be the only person on the forum that believes that.  We are dead if we don't get fiat on/off ramps.

Legal compliance is still a concern. We need to get the fiat on/off ramps and clear any legal requirements, where applicable.

I think @bytemaster agrees with me:
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/22/Use-Gold-and-Silver-with-BitShares-to-bypass-Fiat-Regulations/
Today I would like to present the case for abandoning fiat all together and adopting a truly free market currency: gold, silver, and other metals.

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Can the web wallet integrate the entrance of some gateway or bridge? Then people can loggin to the web wallet and directly deposit fiat and receive bitAsset. It just like the deposit directly from fiat to bitasset. It will be much smooth for people to come in.

As soon as Bitshares implements a fiat onramp, the banks and governments will be all over this, NOT good. Just use the centralized exchanges to send your fiat to bitcoin then xfer to bitshares.
You may be the only person on the forum that believes that.  We are dead if we don't get fiat on/off ramps.

I think @bytemaster agrees with me:
http://bytemaster.bitshares.org/article/2015/01/22/Use-Gold-and-Silver-with-BitShares-to-bypass-Fiat-Regulations/
Today I would like to present the case for abandoning fiat all together and adopting a truly free market currency: gold, silver, and other metals.

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Legal compliance is still a concern. We need to get the fiat on/off ramps and clear any legal requirements, where applicable.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 12:17:04 am by xiahui135 »

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Thank you so much for developers.
When does your web wallet can have the function of market?
Really looking forward to!

Also, now put all money in web wallet safe?

Not sure what youre looking at, it already does have market functionality.

No dont do that.

Edit: unless it just shows the market but doesnt let you trade. I havent actually used it.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 07:47:47 pm by speedy »

Offline agree

• View Profile
  • BitShares: agree
Thank you so much for developers.
When does your web wallet can have the function of market?
Really looking forward to!

Also, now put all money in web wallet safe?

bts id: agree

Offline jamesc

1. I have sent to my wallet account 101 BTS but the recent transactions tab remains blanc without mentioning any transaction
2.I can't view the standby delegates (mozilla firefox on linux)
3.the robo avatar I see on the web wallet is different then that I saw when I transfered the funds  from my desktop wallet for confirmation. (probably nothing to do with the web wallet)

2. can't view the standby delegates: https://github.com/BitShares/web_wallet/issues/645
3. robo avatars are being replaced in the next release.

Offline jamesc

...  I guess it would be nice if there was a recover link on the first Log in page...
Change Wallet intro to: 1) Open 2) Create, or 3) Recover https://github.com/BitShares/BitShares-JS/issues/66

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
Wow...thank you everyone.   What do you think about adding light-wallet compatible accounts?  I am traveling, but I did manage to get a test published.  I do not know if it will work.  wallet.bitshares.org/pre_release ...    Same brain seed same account name but any  password..  It should generate the same private key for the account.

Would be amazing, if it will be possible to create lightwallet account without a faucet.

Dan Notestein just reported that he was able to create a light wallet account in the pre_release version.  It was a bit confusing to him though, he did not realize he had to add the account after creating the wallet.

I'm getting "Could not claim registered account ******. Is your recovery password correct?" message in the lightwallet.

Offline jamesc

Wow...thank you everyone.   What do you think about adding light-wallet compatible accounts?  I am traveling, but I did manage to get a test published.  I do not know if it will work.  wallet.bitshares.org/pre_release ...    Same brain seed same account name but any  password..  It should generate the same private key for the account.

Would be amazing, if it will be possible to create lightwallet account without a faucet.

Dan Notestein just reported that he was able to create a light wallet account in the pre_release version.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 02:36:44 pm by jcalfee1 »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight

Offline jamesc

Offline agree

• View Profile
  • BitShares: agree
Here's a tutorial, it is written in Chinese, you can use   Chrome  to translate.

http://www.bts.hk/bts-web-wallet.html
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:14:33 pm by agree »
bts id: agree