Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) Hangout w/ Bytemaster @ 10AM EST Friday *Update*  (Read 6229 times)

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
BM really seemed to enjoy the hangouts and sharing his thoughts on the forum. Could that new "communication strategy" really come from him, or are we really facing a Chinese whale threatening to dump and kill BitShares price if open communication continues ? This sucks on so many levels, but the worst part is that openness and freedom is what we're supposed to stand for.

This has nothing to do with some Chinese whale . In fact , many Chinese are not whales comparing to the truck load of AGS fund .
I'll attend to the meeting to help clear thing up , to share some thoughts on this .

In fact this is about everyone in this community to play a different role in the system , to take action to support BM and not just by words , to take action to become the voice of this community instead of putting the whole pressure on one single guy . We need guys like Fuzzy to unite the community , we need guys like Xeroc to help provide technical aspect to the public , we need guys from Nullstreet to help marketing and PR , we need guys like Gentso to help business development . 

We need to support BM by building a stronger eco-system , not just some fans waiting for his thoughts on subjects . We need to become the thoughts ourselves , so that one day no one would criticize BM for saying something wrong , because by then we'll already have a stronger , united , and capable community that can stand much stronger storm .

This is what BitShares really stands for . Everyone to do their part , we're not the little guys from the community waiting for the big guys like BM to give us guidance . We're the big guys , as big as BM ,even with small stakes that we have in the system . Someday our roles , are even bigger than BM .

Is anyone objecting me to attend ?

That's well spoken, but it doesn't explain why BM would change his communication strategy. He could have at least explained this change himself. James already failed big time as a spokeperson (at least for the western shareholders).
Moreover, statements made by cn-members are completely coherent with the Chinese whale theory.

Anyway, if the current situation is due to how the dev team is now paid, then so be it, it's a great thing if development has a new source of funding. But I'll definitively miss the openness. That's where MY confidence came from, and made me HODL all this time, losing almost half my investment (I'm one of these stupid guys who bought in at 2 cents). I do understand that Chinese investors are upset about how the project has been managed. Toast was just right : we should have implemented a way of stake-voting for proposals for a long time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
BM really seemed to enjoy the hangouts and sharing his thoughts on the forum. Could that new "communication strategy" really come from him, or are we really facing a Chinese whale threatening to dump and kill BitShares price if open communication continues ? This sucks on so many levels, but the worst part is that openness and freedom is what we're supposed to stand for.

This has nothing to do with some Chinese whale . In fact , many Chinese are not whales comparing to the truck load of AGS fund .
I'll attend to the meeting to help clear thing up , to share some thoughts on this .

In fact this is about everyone in this community to play a different role in the system , to take action to support BM and not just by words , to take action to become the voice of this community instead of putting the whole pressure on one single guy . We need guys like Fuzzy to unite the community , we need guys like Xeroc to help provide technical aspect to the public , we need guys from Nullstreet to help marketing and PR , we need guys like Gentso to help business development . 

We need to support BM by building a stronger eco-system , not just some fans waiting for his thoughts on subjects . We need to become the thoughts ourselves , so that one day no one would criticize BM for saying something wrong , because by then we'll already have a stronger , united , and capable community that can stand much stronger storm .

This is what BitShares really stands for . Everyone to do their part , we're not the little guys from the community waiting for the big guys like BM to give us guidance . We're the big guys , as big as BM ,even with small stakes that we have in the system . Someday our roles , are even bigger than BM .

+5%

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Has this spokeman spoken anything yet? Several days have passed. We do need more info.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline fuzzy

The entire issue with this is that it doesn't just happen overnight.  These changes need to move forward organically and are doing so.  There are many awesome projects that are being born here that will slowly take more and more of the spotlight off of BM. 

I think some are just becoming impatient.  I could see if we didn't have a community that is forming a solid rock foundation...but that is not the case.  All this announcement did was unnecessarily shake the confidence of both investors and community members who are solidifying into foundational positions in the bitshares ecosystem. 

What continues to blow my mind is that we have had this server available for anyone to quickly call a meeting and log into to have a private conversation with people to ensure the message is clear and comes across well before posting it.  We also have skype, slack, nullstreet, phones....and literally any of 100's of free communication tools at our disposal, yet it seems to have been overlooked. 

This entire thing was so unnecessary.  What concerns me is that in the name of creating better PR, we have effectively scared a large portion of the community and shaken the very foundation upon which we expect people to build their confidence (and, in turn, sacrifice for).  Whoever was behind this does not feel like a professional PR person to me, or it would have been handled far differently.  I'm not saying this to be negative, I am saying it because it needs to be said. 

If this guy wants to be the single channel through which all official communications run, he didn't set a precedent that instills confidence.  At some point, the words "it was a misunderstanding" stops making sense and starts sounding more like an excuse---especially when we have such an awesome comm infrastructure.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:21:39 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5% ... pretty much what I was thinking.

I am objecting to you attending.. though I support you in participating. ;)

Looking forward to hearing you clarify some misconceptions floating around. I personally don't subscribe to these Chinese whale overlord sentiments, but it's good for those that do to hear the facts.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

+5%

I am in complete agreement. Very well said.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 04:42:00 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think this is only temporary.

I don't think the speculations about why are helpful to anybody short or long term.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
If Bytemaster wants to take a break for a week thats fine, but he is being gagged according to "public interaction policies" ?

Bytemaster's weekly hangouts is one of the things that sets this project apart in terms of transparency. I hope they will continue at least until we are clear of these early stages.

I dont think much of this managed PR initiative. Let Bytemaster loose to say what he wants.

Offline fuzzy

So, the solution to perceived poor/mis-communication is no communication?

And the decentralized consensus has converged on secrets, side-channel communication, and maintaining party order just like in the real-world!

I honestly do not know yet Julian.  If you know me and what I and my team has done consistently since the very beginning, you will know my intentions.  They have not changed...but they may have to adapt and evolve to stay relevant. 

Giving a Voice to everyone is the goal of the Beyond Bitcoin Hangouts.  It always has been and will continue to be.  The only way these will end is when the entire community stops attending and/or caring about them.  It is your choice to empower yourselves and amplify your voices, or not. 

As you can already see, our conference center is going to continue being utilized to give the Leaders of BitShares a Voice...and to keep barriers low for people who want to be leaders.  In fact, we will be moving to a 1600-slot server to accomodate BitShares PLAY tournaments and many other Community-Based activities.  Conferences are still on the table and will continue. 

If you have an opinion on this topic, please go to POLL  I have posted.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 09:47:35 pm by fuzzy »

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

This. -5%

julian1

And the decentralized consensus has converged on secrets, side-channel communication, and maintaining party order just like in the real-world!

Offline fuzzy

to compare it with ethereum

- vitalik will not talk anymore

what a funny thing! could we discuss something like this PR company????

Don't worry, I am not going to stop giving you guys a voice.    :)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
to compare it with ethereum

- vitalik will not talk anymore

what a funny thing! could we discuss something like this PR company????