Author Topic: Instead of adding BitShares to a Bitcoin wallet...  (Read 5372 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Guess I'll join the party.

Can you feel it???  We are tantalizingly close to biggest crypto home run since bitcoin itself.   

As most on this thread are already very astute too...  Messaging and positioning is critical.  I would brand it a whole new thing(Coinstamp for example) and it would be a "decentralized bitcoin exchange."  The experience would actually be just like going to bitfinex.

You would deposit bitcoin.  Your account would say you have bitcoin, just like bitfinex says even though what you really have is bitfinexbitcoin. The difference is Coinstamp coin is really bitbtc and it is real time cryptographically provably solvent.  You can use your imagination for the rest.   If bitfinex/bitstamp/btc-e make no distinction between their IOU's and the real thing why should we?  The catch is stealing their liquidity.  When bitfinex started, they used bitstamp liquidity to get themselves up and running.   Apart from some simple GUI stuff, that is the final piece.   And of course and USD/bitUSD gateway.

This is exactly where BTS needs to position itself.  +5%*1,000,000

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Can you feel it???  We are tantalizingly close to biggest crypto home run since bitcoin itself.   

As most on this thread are already very astute too...  Messaging and positioning is critical.  I would brand it a whole new thing(Coinstamp for example) and it would be a "decentralized bitcoin exchange."  The experience would actually be just like going to bitfinex.

You would deposit bitcoin.  Your account would say you have bitcoin, just like bitfinex says even though what you really have is bitfinexbitcoin. The difference is Coinstamp coin is really bitbtc and it is real time cryptographically provably solvent.  You can use your imagination for the rest.   If bitfinex/bitstamp/btc-e make no distinction between their IOU's and the real thing why should we?  The catch is stealing their liquidity.  When bitfinex started, they used bitstamp liquidity to get themselves up and running.   Apart from some simple GUI stuff, that is the final piece.   And of course and USD/bitUSD gateway.

+5%

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Yes please  +5%

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Do be careful when using the word 'Exchange'.  You may like to check with the local regulator if a license is needed.

www.armaniexchange.com/
www.buffaloexchange.com/
www.stackexchange.com/

I don't think we need to worry, as long as we avoid "Stock Exchange".

The named sites are dealing with goods trading and information exchange while bts and bitUSD represent money token exchange. Money exchanges are required to have licenses to operate in most jurisdictions. 
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline bobmaloney

This looks like what may bring Bitshares full circle for many that have been here since the beginning.

Plus 5

http://youtu.be/5BV55IrZi7g
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

+5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
If bitfinex/bitstamp/btc-e make no distinction between their IOU's and the real thing why should we? 

Egad, Brain, Brilliant!

Only ours is transparently auditable and triply collateralized!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Do be careful when using the word 'Exchange'.  You may like to check with the local regulator if a license is needed.

www.armaniexchange.com/
www.buffaloexchange.com/
www.stackexchange.com/

I don't think we need to worry, as long as we avoid "Stock Exchange".

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

+5% +5%  +5%  +5% to "BitShares Exchange" instead of wallet.

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline yellowecho

Ok, I'm glad that BitShares Exchange is getting a resounding '+5%' :)

I would go as far to say that we should never refer to the application as 'wallet' ever again. If you need a generic term, you can use 'client'.

So for example, you can say,

"Within the client, you can..."
"Download the client"
"The new client version is out!"
"The desktop client has the benefit of higher security, while the web client has the benefits of accessibility and speed"

Additionally, you can replace the term 'address' with 'account'. These changes may seem small, but if we are all consistent about it, it will set our product apart from our competition. It will be hard to break the habits, but it will be way worth it.

+5% !
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Ok, I'm glad that BitShares Exchange is getting a resounding '+5%' :)

I would go as far to say that we should never refer to the application as 'wallet' ever again. If you need a generic term, you can use 'client'.

So for example, you can say,

"Within the client, you can..."
"Download the client"
"The new client version is out!"
"The desktop client has the benefit of higher security, while the web client has the benefits of accessibility and speed"

Additionally, you can replace the term 'address' with 'account'. These changes may seem small, but if we are all consistent about it, it will set our product apart from our competition. It will be hard to break the habits, but it will be way worth it.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 07:54:08 pm by fluxer555 »

Offline emailtooaj

+10 to "Bitshares Exchange"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline joele

• View Profile
I am willing to do whatever it takes to get metaexchange.info integrated into any wallet. Just shoot me a PM and I'll be all over it :)

p.s Remember, we are an in house project, unlike shapeshift.io
+5% metaexchange in bitshares wallet

Offline monsterer

I am willing to do whatever it takes to get metaexchange.info integrated into any wallet. Just shoot me a PM and I'll be all over it :)

p.s Remember, we are an in house project, unlike shapeshift.io
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads