Author Topic: Vegas Baby, Vegas: The Buzz About Bitshares by Brian Page  (Read 8203 times)

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
Its been 5 weeks since our launch?
I expect SOME action to be taken - please stop with the BS already.
I had clearly demanded action 3 weeks back and nothing was done
I by no means am disrespecting you -just voicing the opinion of people in general. We are seeing very little in terms of action and lots in terms of talk. Now that keyhotee launch is nearing I think its high time we started with promotions.

Also I pray to god you have a press release strategy for Keyhotee..

Offline bytemaster

I am yet to see anything major from you..so no "wow" from me just yet..
Can't help but wonder whats going on.
Our marketing strategy has been pathetic -in comparison to any other coin.
Even dogecoin could do better than us in terms of marketing -wtf is up with all of you?

Every other coin is nothing BUT marketing and have no technical angle. Brian is new and still working to boil things down to something simple.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
I am yet to see anything major from you..so no "wow" from me just yet..
Can't help but wonder whats going on.
Our marketing strategy has been pathetic -in comparison to any other coin.
Even dogecoin could do better than us in terms of marketing -wtf is up with all of you?

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
It was a pleasure meeting you, and hope to see your magic soon :)
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline que23

• View Profile
PTS: Pa75dEzGkMcnM85hRMbdKiS1YdF81rnSCF

Offline Number 1

• View Profile
PTS: Pj8UH9ExVidcFd4LKtEgPSrwrtpYhPhug8

Offline oco101

• View Profile
This is great Brian. The future looks exciting !!! Let change the status quo !!!

Offline td services

• View Profile
I found the explanation and website pretty clear, but I guess it isn't to non-technical people. Personally, I prefer the sweat pants to an Armani suit.

When I went to a Casey Phyle investment meetup last week, the speaker was showing a list of 9 alt coins and bitcoins. He desparaged PTS and Invictus web site web site as not making sense. I mentioned it was the most valuable one on the list.

I'm not in a hurry to see PTS go up as I want to accumulate, would actually prefer a correction at the moment, shake out the mass miners complaining about transition to proof of stake, move on to Mastercoin type funding and distribution of shares to finance creation of value through development.

Marketing is important to introduce the product to a wide audience, looks like Brian is a good choice to do it.

Offline rysgc

• View Profile
    • DACZine.com
Hi Brian,

This is exactly what everyone here wanted to hear and I think you're really the type who can get a whole crowd behind an idea, thumbs up, I can't wait for what's going to happen next year! If you have some tasks which involves web(sites/apps) or clean UI design I would be happy to take them on. Cheers and keep up the good work!
DACZine.com - Receive all the latest DAC and BitShares community news straight to your inbox. Signup here or Submit news

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Vegas Baby, Vegas: The Buzz About Bitshares by Brian Page

Like most of you, I first heard about Bitcoin in the news.  As each month went by I found more articles popping up: A guy purchases $27 in bitcoin and forgot about only it to find himself a millionaire a short time later.  I read about miners who were supposedly building money machines in their homes and the shutdown of silk road by the government.  It kept coming to my attention until I couldn't ignore it any longer.

The more I learned about it the more it resonated with me - not just because of the potential to make money but because of what it could mean for privacy, freedom and the disruption of the status quo. The powerful idea that money can actually be separated from state and that financial power can be decentralized sounded like an idea who's time has come.

I heard from veterans in the tech industry that Bitcoin and the crypto-currency business was reminiscent of the early internet dot com boom. I didn't have an opportunity to participate in that historic event but I decided years ago that I wasn't going to miss the next big thing. Could this be it? I put everything on hold to spend months doing research. I ate, slept and breathed crypto-currency. I decided to put myself in front of as many experts as I could. This led me to the Inside Bitcoins conference in Las Vegas.

When I arrived the first day the mood was electric.  There were venture capitalists mixing with private investors. I saw tech savvy silicon valley types chatting up the CEO's of new crypto currency companies as well as the just plain curious folks, like me. 
I like to be curious.  It allows me to get to the top of the food chain fairly quickly by simply asking quality questions. Questions like: Where is the greatest opportunity today? If Bitcoin was the answer to that question in 2009, what about in 2014?  If Bitcoin was the Microsoft of the decentralized world, would there be an Ebay, a Facebook or Google? What opportunity lies just around the corner as a result of this paradigm shift? That was what I was searching for.

I've done this kind amateur investigating since I was very young, allowing me to meet and be mentored by some well-known leaders in personal development and business.  Leaders who's names you'd recognize as new york times bestselling authors, international speakers and business visionaries.  I found that these people are generally identifiable early on, if you know what to look for. I'm the kind of person who would seek out Satashi Nakamoto himself and camp on his front lawn if need be if it meant I could work with him. But sadly, he was not in Vegas...or was he?

I set out to meet as many people as I could in the industry.  I asked nearly everyone this question: Where is the greatest opportunity right now in the crypto-currency industry?  I heard a few companies get mentioned but the one comment I heard more than any other was some version of: "You should look at what Daniel/Invictus/Protoshares is doing." I heard it being discussed by groups of people in the hallway during the breaks, by some of the speakers, by miners and prominent bloggers.  It kept coming up.

Throughout the next 24 hours I spent a lot of time within earshot of Dan, listening to him address groups of people who were either huge fans of Invictus or who wanted to learn more.  People who mined Protoshares were coming up to him to tell him how much they admired what he was doing.  Other CEOs asked to joint venture with Invictus, or suggested placing his future Bitshares on their exchange next year.  There was a real buzz about us as we walked around MGM.  One guy I met offered to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars with Dan and I watched at least two people each offer him millions. Seems the secret was out.

Earlier that morning I heard Dan speak on a panel of experts and I was one of the first to come up to him to introduce myself.  He invited me to join him and some of his team for dinner. I peppered them with questions at Wolfgang Puck. I was looking at the next big thing and I wanted to be a part of it.

But as much as I was fascinated I was also honest with Dan. I felt that for a company with so many fans among the tech savvy and crypto-currency set, his company's marketing and image left something to be desired. 

Now to be fair, things in this industry are happening at lightning speed and Dan and his team have so many hats to wear, that marketing/image/brand were not particularly at the forefront of their minds.  After all, they seemed to be doing just fine with Protoshares.  It was just launched Nov 5 and was already in the top 10 for market cap.

But I could see that the potential was huge.  That they had just begun to scratch the surface.  What they needed was a clear message.  A brand with an edge, and a new website to help introduce the public at large to what they're doing, and in general, a strategy.  He must have liked my energy and passion because he asked me to join the team that same day.  I said yes.

So what's next?

Invictus is going to the tailor. We're taking off the baggy sweat suit and putting on a brand new tailored three-piece Armani.  We're designing an image, a message and a true brand.  We're producing quality videos to explain the concept clearly to the non-technical person, a new site, a strong presence on all social media, infographics and print media. We're getting this company ready for it's close up.

Within the next year we'll be in front of mainstream news organizations and creating one of the largest, if not the largest team in the industry. We'll form new channels of investment through our various Bitshares, building on our already solid buzz and support in the community.  We are the first crypto-equity company in history, and we will change business the same way Bitcoin is changing money.

We want YOU to be a part of it. All of you.  We look forward to your opinions and support as the largest community supporting, mining and buying Bitshares.  We look forward to including you in an incredible opportunity to not only profit but to change the status quo.  Be patient with our team as we implement these changes.  Look for me to be a part of this forum, contributing to the ongoing discussion and making announcements as these changes take place over the coming months. 2013 has been the year the world woke up to Bitcoin. 2014 will be the year of Bitshares. 

Sincerely,

Brian Page
Director of Marketing
Invictus Innovations

Wow this is fantastic. You're really good. Multiple thumbs up!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Vegas Baby, Vegas: The Buzz About Bitshares by Brian Page

Like most of you, I first heard about Bitcoin in the news.  As each month went by I found more articles popping up: A guy purchases $27 in bitcoin and forgot about only it to find himself a millionaire a short time later.  I read about miners who were supposedly building money machines in their homes and the shutdown of silk road by the government.  It kept coming to my attention until I couldn't ignore it any longer.

The more I learned about it the more it resonated with me - not just because of the potential to make money but because of what it could mean for privacy, freedom and the disruption of the status quo. The powerful idea that money can actually be separated from state and that financial power can be decentralized sounded like an idea who's time has come.

I heard from veterans in the tech industry that Bitcoin and the crypto-currency business was reminiscent of the early internet dot com boom. I didn't have an opportunity to participate in that historic event but I decided years ago that I wasn't going to miss the next big thing. Could this be it? I put everything on hold to spend months doing research. I ate, slept and breathed crypto-currency. I decided to put myself in front of as many experts as I could. This led me to the Inside Bitcoins conference in Las Vegas.

When I arrived the first day the mood was electric.  There were venture capitalists mixing with private investors. I saw tech savvy silicon valley types chatting up the CEO's of new crypto currency companies as well as the just plain curious folks, like me. 
I like to be curious.  It allows me to get to the top of the food chain fairly quickly by simply asking quality questions. Questions like: Where is the greatest opportunity today? If Bitcoin was the answer to that question in 2009, what about in 2014?  If Bitcoin was the Microsoft of the decentralized world, would there be an Ebay, a Facebook or Google? What opportunity lies just around the corner as a result of this paradigm shift? That was what I was searching for.

I've done this kind amateur investigating since I was very young, allowing me to meet and be mentored by some well-known leaders in personal development and business.  Leaders who's names you'd recognize as new york times bestselling authors, international speakers and business visionaries.  I found that these people are generally identifiable early on, if you know what to look for. I'm the kind of person who would seek out Satashi Nakamoto himself and camp on his front lawn if need be if it meant I could work with him. But sadly, he was not in Vegas...or was he?

I set out to meet as many people as I could in the industry.  I asked nearly everyone this question: Where is the greatest opportunity right now in the crypto-currency industry?  I heard a few companies get mentioned but the one comment I heard more than any other was some version of: "You should look at what Daniel/Invictus/Protoshares is doing." I heard it being discussed by groups of people in the hallway during the breaks, by some of the speakers, by miners and prominent bloggers.  It kept coming up.

Throughout the next 24 hours I spent a lot of time within earshot of Dan, listening to him address groups of people who were either huge fans of Invictus or who wanted to learn more.  People who mined Protoshares were coming up to him to tell him how much they admired what he was doing.  Other CEOs asked to joint venture with Invictus, or suggested placing his future Bitshares on their exchange next year.  There was a real buzz about us as we walked around MGM.  One guy I met offered to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars with Dan and I watched at least two people each offer him millions. Seems the secret was out.

Earlier that morning I heard Dan speak on a panel of experts and I was one of the first to come up to him to introduce myself.  He invited me to join him and some of his team for dinner. I peppered them with questions at Wolfgang Puck. I was looking at the next big thing and I wanted to be a part of it.

But as much as I was fascinated I was also honest with Dan. I felt that for a company with so many fans among the tech savvy and crypto-currency set, his company's marketing and image left something to be desired. 

Now to be fair, things in this industry are happening at lightning speed and Dan and his team have so many hats to wear, that marketing/image/brand were not particularly at the forefront of their minds.  After all, they seemed to be doing just fine with Protoshares.  It was just launched Nov 5 and was already in the top 10 for market cap.

But I could see that the potential was huge.  That they had just begun to scratch the surface.  What they needed was a clear message.  A brand with an edge, and a new website to help introduce the public at large to what they're doing, and in general, a strategy.  He must have liked my energy and passion because he asked me to join the team that same day.  I said yes.

So what's next?

Invictus is going to the tailor. We're taking off the baggy sweat suit and putting on a brand new tailored three-piece Armani.  We're designing an image, a message and a true brand.  We're producing quality videos to explain the concept clearly to the non-technical person, a new site, a strong presence on all social media, infographics and print media. We're getting this company ready for it's close up.

Within the next year we'll be in front of mainstream news organizations and creating one of the largest, if not the largest team in the industry. We'll form new channels of investment through our various Bitshares, building on our already solid buzz and support in the community.  We are the first crypto-equity company in history, and we will change business the same way Bitcoin is changing money.

We want YOU to be a part of it. All of you.  We look forward to your opinions and support as the largest community supporting, mining and buying Bitshares.  We look forward to including you in an incredible opportunity to not only profit but to change the status quo.  Be patient with our team as we implement these changes.  Look for me to be a part of this forum, contributing to the ongoing discussion and making announcements as these changes take place over the coming months. 2013 has been the year the world woke up to Bitcoin. 2014 will be the year of Bitshares. 

Sincerely,

Brian Page
Director of Marketing
Invictus Innovations