Author Topic: Freebieservers.com is here  (Read 17262 times)

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
fbs-delegate2
BTS6hrrcGSJzF2uGAPY9ajmnSBAkezF93pemsyohKuvyf4Nam7CZQ

fbs-delegate3
BTS7oMcggTfktMeHTRwG9KMwXo3vsunbte1AFA8kvbfLobLBTfiWE

The other account has been registered - could someone help us out with these?

Regards

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
I've thought more about this and talked to several BTS stakeholders.  Many have the view that integration of BitUSD should be free, because it's beneficial for your business, as a stable crypto that's useful for gamers.  BitShares should not have to pay to add a feature to your service, unless its open sourced (as a marketer I can't evaluate the value of that).  This is by no means an official view as there is no such thing as 'official' in BitShares, just a view that I have encountered from a number of people. 

The advertising on the other hand, that is a separate proposition.  Ideally BitShares would have an advertising budget ready and it could then be discussed among the marketers whether we want to attack the gaming industry with BitUSD and build a BitUSD brand among gamers.  A decision would then be able to be decisively made and we could start a test campaign, or not, depending on the decision.

What we've got though, is a far less elegant system.  If you do get those delegates up and running, by the time they get voted in and accumulate funds months will have passed, and there never would have been a co-ordinated decision by BitShares to attack the gaming industry, just this one random foray, which if it did have a successful immediate return, is likely to fizzle out and require lots more in expenses to maintain the BitUSD brand among gamers (my initial opinion as a marketer).  I'm not convinced that stable crypto is of high enough utility among gamers to go viral from one insertion point.  I would be glad to test that though with a small campaign after integration.

If you did the integration for free and came back, I would fight for one of the other funds (we do have a couple) to do a test ad campaign on freebieservers, perhaps $500.  If it went well I would fight for more, and more if that went well.  Generally I don't think advertising budget should go directly to the company BitShares is paying to advertise with, it should come from a fund held by a marketing delegate.

Could you please break down costs of everything in your proposal into dollar amounts so we can evaluate more accurately?

And consider the following question:

Would you integrate BitUSD regardless of getting voted in because it's usefulness brings value to freebieservers?

One thing to keep in mind (I'm talking to everyone here) is that BitShares doesn't have the budget to build a strong brand around it's BitAssets.  They have to have enough utility in the given niche to go viral by themselves after insertion.  For gaming, I'd imagine integration with popular gaming chat like xfire (do people still use that?) combined with this kind of sponsorship is the way to go.  A one-pronged attack isn't enough.

Are those 3 100% delegates already registered?

Hey there,

I've been thinking a lot about what you'd mentioned.
One of the primary issues with advertising campaigns, especially for emerging tech like crypto is - you have a very limited budget to set things up. Even at a budget of 10,000 USD - once I set up the platform, put in effort into my marketing channels and putting word out there, unless I have more money flowing in to keep things going in for a pro-longed period of time, I will not be able to bring in major change. What one needs to understand is, we're aiming for a cultural shift here and that doesn't  exactly occur over night. I could propose a set budget of 30-50k and avoid the delegate route all together, but even those campaigns will be split across months (and am very open to a proposal along those lines). Currently whatever money that will be raised will be going directly into infrastructure set-ups and events that promote Bitshares (or any advertiser that comes on board).

We are looking to sell off the Intellectual property rights of our back-end panel to a community , investors or dev that would love to enter the industry and play with things. We're very open to offers for the same. In the case of a sale, we'll be utilizing the funds to develop our e-sports betting platform and evolve into the next level. If the community would like to buy it out -  we can clearly work on those lines.

Am looking into what's up with our delegate accounts as they still show up to be un-registered.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This looks amazing, and you have my support!

One interesting feature which I would love to see is betting on pro e-sport matches, using bitUSD (or whatever).  This could be a big market for you and a great way to grow Bitshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I've thought more about this and talked to several BTS stakeholders.  Many have the view that integration of BitUSD should be free, because it's beneficial for your business, as a stable crypto that's useful for gamers.  BitShares should not have to pay to add a feature to your service, unless its open sourced (as a marketer I can't evaluate the value of that).  This is by no means an official view as there is no such thing as 'official' in BitShares, just a view that I have encountered from a number of people. 

The advertising on the other hand, that is a separate proposition.  Ideally BitShares would have an advertising budget ready and it could then be discussed among the marketers whether we want to attack the gaming industry with BitUSD and build a BitUSD brand among gamers.  A decision would then be able to be decisively made and we could start a test campaign, or not, depending on the decision.

What we've got though, is a far less elegant system.  If you do get those delegates up and running, by the time they get voted in and accumulate funds months will have passed, and there never would have been a co-ordinated decision by BitShares to attack the gaming industry, just this one random foray, which if it did have a successful immediate return, is likely to fizzle out and require lots more in expenses to maintain the BitUSD brand among gamers (my initial opinion as a marketer).  I'm not convinced that stable crypto is of high enough utility among gamers to go viral from one insertion point.  I would be glad to test that though with a small campaign after integration.

If you did the integration for free and came back, I would fight for one of the other funds (we do have a couple) to do a test ad campaign on freebieservers, perhaps $500.  If it went well I would fight for more, and more if that went well.  Generally I don't think advertising budget should go directly to the company BitShares is paying to advertise with, it should come from a fund held by a marketing delegate.

Could you please break down costs of everything in your proposal into dollar amounts so we can evaluate more accurately?

Would you integrate BitUSD regardless of getting voted in because it's usefulness brings value to freebieservers?

One thing to keep in mind (I'm talking to everyone here) is that BitShares doesn't have the budget to build a strong brand around it's BitAssets.  They have to have enough utility in the given niche to go viral by themselves after insertion.  For gaming, I'd imagine integration with popular gaming chat like xfire (do people still use that?) combined with this kind of sponsorship is the way to go.  A one-pronged attack isn't enough.

Well thought out and said matt608  +5%

Personally I think it makes more sense for Freebieservers to consider creating it's own bitasset token which it can then sell to its users as a type of currency within their gamersphere. They would take the upfront cost in getting it all setup.. but the money they can make on the transaction charges alone would be awesome. Not to mention complete control over their own asset.

The delegate position doesn't make much sense.. and the reason for open source is make sure everything being done is above board and can be audited by others vs. just a company saying 'trust us'. It also allows for peer review that can help find potential security issues. Just a few benefits of open source vs. closed.

Love the whole idea of Freebieservers joining in the cryto revolution taking place through Bitshares so they can offer next generation payment option to their users.. just think the execution strategy needs refining.

They are welcome to PM if they like to do a case analysis together to better determine a more optimal approach.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
fbs-delegate1
BTS52fyfVBsT3JDCBMx1NpoHZHzAf2DFhsZbFXzpp2Tt1L5mjUDVF

fbs-delegate2
"BTS5t8jK9PeAaSoLpHsENfsnBiPE21pK315U4L6XeSFF9g8ZfrvAv

fbs-delegate3
BTS8RGR2S53YatY6P3h6MeWoRViNE7gGyZakHE4jUqek5vXLiRuLB

Thanks in advance

Account name is already registered under a different key! Provided: BTS52fyfVBsT3JDCBMx1NpoHZHzAf2DFhsZbFXzpp2Tt1L5mjUDVF, registered: BTS8DWc4U27yg7nKfWmDugF6ZTiU7KA6aaUkHpyWuawReUKw4WeiP

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
fbs-delegate1
BTS52fyfVBsT3JDCBMx1NpoHZHzAf2DFhsZbFXzpp2Tt1L5mjUDVF

fbs-delegate2
"BTS5t8jK9PeAaSoLpHsENfsnBiPE21pK315U4L6XeSFF9g8ZfrvAv

fbs-delegate3
BTS8RGR2S53YatY6P3h6MeWoRViNE7gGyZakHE4jUqek5vXLiRuLB

Thanks in advance

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

2. I tried to register an account but the faucet doesn't work. Is there some other way I could register the account ?

are you sure? the faucet registers your account, so the only change you will see in the client is a "registered" attached to your ID.

If it's not working, post your ID and Public Key, I'll send you BTS for register.

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
Hey guys ,

Appreciate the interest in us going for 3 spots.
Some questions from my side

1. How much time will it take for a delegate spot to be paid ? If I understand right, it takes over a month for the $$ to be credited in an account ?
2. I tried to register an account but the faucet doesn't work. Is there some other way I could register the account ?

I am setting up the delegates to vote. Once its set up, i'll be glad to post the details here.
Would be amazing if someone could help us translate things to  Mandarin / other languages so we could accommodate foreign interest.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Since there is growing concern for 5, we'll be pushing for a vote for 3 delegates, proving ourselves and scaling up from there.
I'd like to point out that we've had a very succesful relationship with other communities and have the kind of inventory required to push something like Bitshares to the masses.

Excellent. I will support you folks at 3 delegates.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
兄弟,5个受托人太多了。而且最好先有成果再来,3%受托人作为试用期是更好的选择。
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Very nice proposal - I would vote.  As others mentioned, 5 delegates may be of concern, and I would recommend a tiered proposal system in one of two ways:

1.  Cumulatively commit to deliverables for each delegate that gets voted in for you.

2.  Tie delegates to features.  That way the community could vote specifically on what they want to see developed.

Personally I would go with the first suggestion. As the community sees  that you are committed to providing value and delivering what you've promised, they will be more willing to vote in additional delegates.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Xypher

• View Profile
the idea is good!

if 5 delegates are needed, we should discuss.

maybe it is not possible to get that many in time, so other directions should be considered as well. We have just to think about other solutions.

some questions:

1. when does your new frontend goes live?
2. i am not familar with the term IP. what does this mean and what do you looking into to sell it?
3. in April you are paying your first dividends on the Nxt asset. could you tell something about your expected revenue?
4. i saw you sell stuff on your site for Nxt via PayPal. Great! How much Nxt do you transfer every month and is this increasing?

Thanks

Since there is growing concern for 5, we'll be pushing for a vote for 3 delegates, proving ourselves and scaling up from there.
I'd like to point out that we've had a very succesful relationship with other communities and have the kind of inventory required to push something like Bitshares to the masses.

IP would refer to intellectual property. By that, I mean the code-base to our new back-end server panel. It has been fully developed in-house from scratch. We have the choice of either pushing it retail on a license model or selling it to an external entity  in a complete acquisition of the IP. We are open to offers for the same.

We see a few 100 usd's worth nxt being brought in. Not much, but its still something. Due to the fraudulent risks associated with paypal , we don't go heavily into that aspect. But we're always open to working with exchanges with the right kind of api's

welcome to our community.  +5%
but total 5 100% pay rate delegates maybe is a lot, there are only about 30 100% pay rate delegate ,5 delegates is about 17%, and also it take 5% of 101 delegates . yes you are right 5 delegates is`t a big value with now market cap. but compare with other crypto currency , BITUSD have many advantage, it is stable value, fast confirm.  active community. I think support bitusd payment would bring you real low payment cost.  we can partner.
So you I suggest that you run one or two delegate first step. we would vote you more delegates up after we got a achievement.

I acknowledge the growing concern :) .

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
welcome to our community.  +5%
but total 5 100% pay rate delegates maybe is a lot, there are only about 30 100% pay rate delegate ,5 delegates is about 17%, and also it take 5% of 101 delegates . yes you are right 5 delegates is`t a big value with now market cap. but compare with other crypto currency , BITUSD have many advantage, it is stable value, fast confirm.  active community. I think support bitusd payment would bring you real low payment cost.  we can partner.
So you I suggest that you run one or two delegate first step. we would vote you more delegates up after we got a achievement.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 11:00:31 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
1 delegate is receivability.
Don't hire new employees,unless bts is  $0.04.
And you can get the raise in dacx.com .
http://dacx.com/users/signup?r=457258
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 10:59:43 am by ebit »
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter