Author Topic: Darkcoin being rebranded as Dash; DAC NEEDED, "Foundation" & trademark issues  (Read 2129 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm sold on all of it so far and am still learning new stuff every day. The wiki (even tho it's out of date in spots) has helped tremendously.

I have to get this back to my point, please:
If my new job was to convert companies like DHL, Darkcoin, Badass Coffee, Smith & Wesson and GroceryTown to DAC's, would this be possible?

A) Name the ways please that they could benefit from converting into a DAC.
B) Could they eliminate lawyers, cpa's, bookkeepers, employees, fraud/taxes, risk..?
C) Converting their employees to Delegates of their DAC?
D) Securing their assets? Their inventory? Their Staff?

Darkcoin itself could be seen as a DAC already.

Decentralization is a tactic that is used for a few key reasons.  One is to provide trustless computing.  (You don't have to trust any other person).

At the end of the day all a blockchain can do is move around transactions.  It is a ledger.  So it can contain either a store of value or something like votes.  (Which is also something of value kept in a ledger) 

All modern companies have some aspects automated a computer but they don't need a blockchain.  It is an added expense complexity for your typical company with little upside.  In fact, a grocery store or a gun store would likely want to keep a centralized solution and forego privacy issues with blockchains.

Glad you found the wiki useful... 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I'm sold on all of it so far and am still learning new stuff every day. The wiki (even tho it's out of date in spots) has helped tremendously.

I have to get this back to my point, please:
If my new job was to convert companies like DHL, Darkcoin, Badass Coffee, Smith & Wesson and GroceryTown to DAC's, would this be possible?

B) Could they eliminate lawyers, cpa's, bookkeepers, employees, fraud/taxes, risk..?
D) Securing their assets? Their inventory? Their Staff?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I may need to make a separate thread for this.
I have to say up front here, as a COO and Consultant, I have been approached by 2 major companies now that need direction.

Sounds interesting.  And why not?

I'm sold on every aspect of Bitshares so far... This is big.

What are the aspects you are sold?  Can you resell to them?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
DACs can only handle the transfers of money and voting ..  I can't imagine how Darkcoin could use BItshares.

I may need to make a separate thread for this.
I have to say up front here, as a COO and Consultant, I have been approached by 2 major companies now that need direction.

Can the Community here give me some selling points for them, please?
I'm sold on every aspect of Bitshares so far... This is big.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I want to like darkcoin but their inflation rate is ridiculous. 

DACs can only handle the transfers of money and voting ..  I can't imagine how Darkcoin could use BItshares.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
#1 Would it be possible to bring the Darkcoin (er, "Dash") Foundation in as a Bitshares DAC?

From eduffield's post (https://darkcointalk.org/threads/rebranding-followup.4266/):
"the name “Darkcoin” has some negative perception by businesses we’ve reached out to. They’ve said, it’s not the privacy centric nature of the product, but the name that is unfortunate"

"the foundation began investigating the use of it [Dash] and found a trademark application ... we need to challenge that trademark application to even be able to use the name, otherwise it’s a complete non-starter"

"We’re absolutely open to everyone’s input and always have been. We would like this process to be 100% transparent as possible. In the community supports it, I would support hiring a firm to handle the rebranding for us. We could allow the firm to engage directly and transparently with the community, then have foundation members vote on the final decision. Originally when the community started talking about rebranding months ago, we also began talking about it internally. It’s obvious that we missed something in the process and I’d also like to apologize on behalf of myself and the foundation’s board for this."

Needless to say, I got a Darkcoin buy signal today on their news.

Could Bitshares help them by converting their Foundation to a DAC and #2 allowing their coin holders to maybe even get some yield if there was a Dash-market-pegged bitDash asset, er uh, yeah, I know this is a total newbie question sorry. I'm thinkin we could help a lot of the altcoins out there... not just the bitBTC, ya know??
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 01:09:27 am by cass »
www.PalmPay.chat