Author Topic: What's happening with the price?  (Read 61586 times)

Tuck Fheman

You have a terrible attitude and nobody owes you anything.

What are you doing to make bitshares better besides bitching?

maybe, just maybe they helped fund bitshares and without that funding bitshares would not be here today???

if that's the case it appears they helped "make bitshares better" by helping it exist in the first place.

i dunno.

maybe he met his deadline for funding, but is a little miffed that the deadlines aren't being met on the other end (which he funded).

who knows why people vent.

maybe it's the way those who funded the project get treated when they simply want to vent their frustration and perhaps it does do them some good to get it off their chest and perhaps it lights a fire under the collective dev-ass. who knows.

all i do know is bitching about people bitching seems like an excellent solution to making bitshares better!

deleting threads is another solution. that really helps make bitshares better. gagging the devs, also helps make bitshares better.

meeting deadlines, transparency and all that good coding stuff, bah that's for amateurs and it definitely doesn't affect price (complainers do!).

imho, after all is said and done, i don't think anyone here gives a damn about the "complainers", they're simply taking their own frustration they have in the bitshares project out on the vocal few who aren't afraid to ruin some perceived forum reputation.

if the price of bts was 10k satoshi no one would give a damn what any of the "complainers" are saying. everyone would ignore them.

it's all about price.

the "complainer's" complainers are simply expressing their displeasure in the price via the other complainer.

they're both complaining about the price, one simply wants to appear like the "good guy" so he takes his price frustration out on the "complainer".

is any of it making bitshares better? can any of this nonsense really make bitshares worse?

no.

the code is the only thing that makes bitshares good/bad and unless you code, you're in the back seat paying for gas while you watch others drive all over the place while constantly telling you "in a little bit" every time you ask, "are we there yet?!".

that's my 2 bitsilver.

Offline zonda

• View Profile

Why the fuck the release data changed again and again?
This is a very  slow progress.
Thats why the price was acting like a shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

terrible attitude?thats the fucking reality.
Don‘t acting you do a lot to bitshares,bitch.
I have tons of shares to vote  for 100% delegate,I bought and mined PTS since day 1,you dare say i do nothing to bitshares?
你们这些老外一个个就是装逼犯,一天不装逼就不舒服

I understand the frustration with the delayed release, but as toast posted a while ago, 1.0 is over hyped and shouldn't be a huge catalyst or mystery potion for the price.

Still, throwing temper tantrums and spewing insults isn't going to get more people to buy bitshares or get the devs to even consider your opinion.  Why not focus all this energy on something productive for bitshares? Unless of course you want to see it fail...

I agree that is overrated and that it shouldn't bring nothing new to the price because it is essential to have a working wallet.

Let me give you my example:

Until November I managed to have a BTSX wallet on my computer. Then things started glitching. Every new update was slower and crashing more and more. Numerous crash reports etc.. I lost my mind with it and transferred all of my BTS to btc38. I couldn't anymore wait for the wallet to re-synchronize and re-index. My BTS were still on the exchange when bter hack happened. Yesterday I decided not to play with the faith if btc38 gets hacked as bter did. I downloaded a wallet thinking how more than 3 months have passed and how something had to change. Nothing!! I sent over 10 crash reports etc.. I cannot even import the wallet from my json file anymore. I lost it completely and sold all of my BTS this morning at the loss. I just don't have nowhere to hold them. Wallet doesn't work, web wallet is not secure, exchange - there is no way I am holding my money over there anymore. I will rather miss on some of the BTS growth if it happens than to lose all of my money how it could have happened with bter.

Now I am very tech savy. I've been in BTC for over 2 years, NXT since the beginnings and BTS as well. If I have lost my mind, what do you think will happen to a complete noob??

From my perspective the new wallet is not overrated, it is completely essential!!!

P.S. I am reading today that people can't even withdraw their BTS from bter since the faulty wallet. Completely understandable.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Lol I understand the need to avoid "bitching", but damn is it hard to watch those milestones get pushed back from...October? To March...To.....forever...

It'd be nice if there were some kind of "concreteness" to the dates set. Maybe a public dev flogging if they don't make the deadline?  :P

I'm being facetious, but it is hard to stay motivated/enthused about BTS when it feels like the project's development milestones just kinda go on forever.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Why the fuck the release date changed again and again?

After hours of investigation I found the reason for the delay and highlighted it for you:

This is a very  slow much progress. Very wow!

After several more hours I even found an error in your statements. Fixed it for you .. Can thank me later

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
don't worry about development , it'll get there .

Well. I think he is frustrated because he _believes_ it will never get there.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
don't worry about development , it'll get there .
Adoption on the other hand , it's harder to control than development .

We may have a working 1.0 one day , but will still be fighting for adoption .
Let's focus on that , be ready for that .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cube

• View Profile

Ha good point, I could have phrased that better. Not trying to stir up shit but damn, almost everything lzr1900 posts is extremely negative and sometimes that shit needs to be called out.

lzr1900 can we be friends?  8)

When a person lost a lot of money in bts (he seems to be) and in grief, it is understandable that he vented his frustrations via negative posts.  We can help by showing the positive developments that are happening.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 07:03:15 am by cube »

Offline cube

• View Profile

AND this is DVS release date,the BTS chain release date,thats another topic.
cao,how long we have to wait for a function、stable wallet?we have been wait for a long long long time.

bitshares,I DON'T WANT TO WAIT FOR YOUR SLOW MOVEMENT,BYE BYE .
totally lost my hope and love with BTS.

When a person is in pain (after losing a lot of money in bts?), it is natural that he/she would cry out (some may try to suppress).  It is understandable that you are feeling this way and you are showing your frustration.

But a highly frustrated state can cloud the mind.  There are improvements in the way the development is being managed. The developers have cut down their time with the forum (and mumble) and they are focused on development and improving the wallet.  In addition, the team has recently added a new member. Delegate dev-pc.bitcube is joining the team as an experienced part-time developer.

As for the changes in the release dates. I do agree that some transparency and accountability should be there.  But perhaps asking the devs,rather than demanding or condemning, would help.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 06:07:26 am by cube »

Offline Riverhead

Since you're watching github so closely you can see that progress is being made daily. There is no "easy" button for development. It takes the time it takes. The dates are best guess targets.

I worry about the share price because I know a lot of people are compensated in BTS. However I will only be concerned for the project when I notice github slow down. Until then the market will speculate as it sees fit.

Think in terms of years not days. If a date gets pushed back a few weeks or a couple months who cares? The financial world isn't going anywhere and the market is huge.

Offline Pheonike

I'll buy what you have for half the price. Since you thinks it worth nothing then you will be ahead.

Offline robrigo

Hey Robrigo... since when does bitching help make bitshares better?  :)

Lets nuke the complainers. <play on lzr1900s avatar> All believers may take refuge in the bunker.. humm.. bet this post is going to show up in an NSA keyword scan now that I read what I wrote. :D Whupsy.

If there was anything driving down the price just from reading all the messages posted daily its this kind of thing that is doing it. Announcements are being made almost every other day about some new development carrying BitShares forward... anyways...

Ha good point, I could have phrased that better. Not trying to stir up shit but damn, almost everything lzr1900 posts is extremely negative and sometimes that shit needs to be called out.

lzr1900 can we be friends?  8)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Izr1900 did you maybe notice how 100% delegates are cooperating between each other and with other community members.
I know the price has been down but development is great and the price will eventually have to show all the great  work that has been put in to Bithshares.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

terrible attitude?thats the fucking reality.
Don‘t acting you do a lot to bitshares,bitch.
I have tons of shares to vote  for 100% delegate,I bought and mined PTS since day 1,you dare say i do nothing to bitshares?
你们这些老外一个个就是装逼犯,一天不装逼就不舒服

I understand the frustration with the delayed release, but as toast posted a while ago, 1.0 is over hyped and shouldn't be a huge catalyst or mystery potion for the price.

Still, throwing temper tantrums and spewing insults isn't going to get more people to buy bitshares or get the devs to even consider your opinion.  Why not focus all this energy on something productive for bitshares? Unless of course you want to see it fail...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

"It's always darkest before the dawn".
+5%
Press on to meet the dawn.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Hey Robrigo... since when does bitching help make bitshares better?  :)

Lets nuke the complainers. <play on lzr1900s avatar> All believers may take refuge in the bunker.. humm.. bet this post is going to show up in an NSA keyword scan now that I read what I wrote. :D Whupsy.

If there was anything driving down the price just from reading all the messages posted daily its this kind of thing that is doing it. Announcements are being made almost every other day about some new development carrying BitShares forward... anyways...

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+